Feedback
4 (100%)
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1001493600100913152

Gamestop EXCLUSIVE

Available here

Or here...

DeYFGKlU8AEg6pa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to upgrade to a 2DS XL from my standard 3DS (got the Zelda 25th Anniversary one) just because the original 3DS feels way too small in my hands. Hopefully the color scheme on the inside is nice since I may finally bite on this version.

Anyway, how fast do these limited runs like the Poke Ball and Pikachu editions sell out? Is there a way to stack even a slight discount on to them down the line?

Wow, price gouge on shipping and renege on elite free shipping much, Gamestop?

Edit:  after seeing others post, tried again, appeared this time.  Was logged into account both times, eh, GS site FTW

I've been wanting to upgrade to a 2DS XL from my standard 3DS (got the Zelda 25th Anniversary one) just because the original 3DS feels way too small in my hands. Hopefully the color scheme on the inside is nice since I may finally bite on this version.

Anyway, how fast do these limited runs like the Poke Ball and Pikachu editions sell out? Is there a way to stack even a slight discount on to them down the line?
Pikachu one is still in stock and Poke Ball took a long time to sell out. Literally zero chance for slight discount - if there is one, maybe holiday season. I like the design, think I'll pick one up myself.

It's a shame that they're including and locking pre-installed ALBW into a 2DS system; this was the only 3DS game that ever had reviewers actually recommending and enjoying using the 3D mode for certain aspects of the game.

Personally, ALBW was the only 3DS game I've ever tolerated the 3D on for more than a few minutes before slamming down the 3D slider to off.

Hopefully the color scheme on the inside is nice
It's all solid blue with gray buttons. You can see it at Polygon.

I hope that it's not just a print, but that parts of the shield actually stick out. At this point, I'm desperate for any little thing to be different to make the purchase more appealing. I mean, I'm buying the bastard either way, but I'd rather be happier about doing so. Haha

It's a shame that they're including and locking pre-installed ALBW into a 2DS system; this was the only 3DS game that ever had reviewers actually recommending and enjoying using the 3D mode for certain aspects of the game.
Mario 3D Land was pretty great in 3D. For me, it made the platforming easier and more fun. I'd put ALBW in second place though. Like you, I ignored it for everything else.

I love this one, but I hate that the design is upside down on every one of the special editions when they're open.

Already have the Pokeball 2DS version, but this one is so much nicer, awwww. I rarely use the 3D option on my 3DSXL anyways

Mario 3D Land was pretty great in 3D. For me, it made the platforming easier and more fun. I'd put ALBW in second place though. Like you, I ignored it for everything else.
Oooh... I want to try that. I was so overwhelmed with games being a later adopter that I only played M3DL for about 10 minutes before getting sucked into ALBW and forgot to go back. I can imagine it being good with 3D.

It's all solid blue with gray buttons. You can see it at Polygon.
Damn it. I'm out. Was hoping it would be a silver interior with red and blue buttons. Blue isn't my favorite color so I'm fine with just waiting for a sale on the orange and white 2DS XL. :(

I hate GameStop and I hate that it gets exclusives, I hate their shipping costs, I hate their return policy (they recently shipped me an opened "new" item and told me they couldn't accept a return of an opened item).

But ultimately, I hate myself, because I have a complete 2DS/3DS collection and just ordered this one, $20 shipping and all.

I pre-ordered one instore.
Not an option for you?

I hate GameStop and I hate that it gets exclusives, I hate their shipping costs, I hate their return policy (they recently shipped me an opened "new" item and told me they couldn't accept a return of an opened item).

But ultimately, I hate myself, because I have a complete 2DS/3DS collection and just ordered this one, $20 shipping and all.

I want it.

I need it.

I must have it!

Apart from seeing Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, this just brushed aside everything I was hoping to get this year.

In-store preorder will be a good option if I can get a spare hour on a weekend. Not enough time on weekdays due to baby stuff / endless nanny interviews.
1. Schedule nanny interviews at local GameStop.

2. Hire the only nanny that would actually meet you at a GameStop

3. ?????

4. Profit?

I put $25 down to pre-order it in store even though I don't really need it lol. If I change my mind, I'll just put that amount towards a game or something.

That nanny would change the baby's diapers with used ones and tell you they're new.
I want to tell you about how I've had a shit week at work and this one sentence really made me laugh but instead I am going with this:

I want to make some comment about how she would slap a seal on them and say "it's the same thing"

whynotboth.jpg

I really like the design, though I can't justify getting this one. I wish Nintendo would have continued using IPS screens.  These are far superior to the TN screens.

What do you expect for $160? I don't expect the screens to be that great especially when there are two of them.. $800 phones and $300 Switches have the better screens because you pay more obviously.

What do you expect for $160? I don't expect the screens to be that great especially when there are two of them.. $800 phones and $300 Switches have the better screens because you pay more obviously.
It's a 3DS. The screens are 240p. The hardware is weak and dated.

You would buy it for the games.

I really like the design, though I can't justify getting this one. I wish Nintendo would have continued using IPS screens. These are far superior to the TN screens.
Do they really look that different? I don't recall seeing any difference when I got to play the 2ds for a bit

The IPS screens are more colorful than the TN screens. I have a New 3ds Xl with a IPS top screen and TN at the bottom. Also, the view angles are much better on the IPS screens.

bread's done
Back