* * * * * 2 votes

Target Ad 6/3-6/9: Buy One Get One Free Select Ubisoft Titles

target ad

#61 Assembler   The One That Gives None CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Assembler

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for this, I only really wanted Far Cry 5, so I purchased a PS4 and Xbox One copy from Target for $48.98, traded in the Xbone copy to BB for $27.87 which will help with all my E3 preorders before my GCU ends this month.

Walked away paying $21.11 for Far Cry 5.

#62 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6599 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for this, I only really wanted Far Cry 5, so I purchased a PS4 and Xbox One copy from Target for $48.98, traded in the Xbone copy to BB for $27.87 which will help with all my E3 preorders before my GCU ends this month.

I believe in another thread, it was mentioned that if a pre order releases after your GCU expires, you pay full price.

#63 Assembler   The One That Gives None CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Assembler

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:42 PM

I believe in another thread, it was mentioned that if a pre order releases after your GCU expires, you pay full price.

I believe that is if you purchase using your debit card directly with Best Buy. If you use Paypal they charge your account right then and there. I doubt they will go in and try to charge me the difference afterwards. If it doesnt work like that then ill be effed in the A.

Edit: Michael-BBY of the Best Buy Forums clarified it for us:

"The answer for pre-orders made on BestBuy.com is a bit less straight forward. When you place an online pre-order price including any discounts is calculated right away, and pre-authorized with your form of payment. Because the total is pre-authorized the discounted price should be retained even if your membership is expired when you’re finally upon the order shipping or is picked up. However if any changes are made to the order after your membership has expired, such as updating an address, changing the method of payment, or if a new pre-order bonus is added by us, a new authorization should be triggered which would update the order and remove the discount. Let us know if you have any other questions"

#64 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1812 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

I believe that is if you purchase using your debit card directly with Best Buy. If you use Paypal they charge your account right then and there. I doubt they will go in and try to charge me the difference afterwards. If it doesnt work like that then ill be effed in the A.

Edit: Michael-BBY of the Best Buy Forums clarified it for us:

"The answer for pre-orders made on BestBuy.com is a bit less straight forward. When you place an online pre-order price including any discounts is calculated right away, and pre-authorized with your form of payment. Because the total is pre-authorized the discounted price should be retained even if your membership is expired when you’re finally upon the order shipping or is picked up. However if any changes are made to the order after your membership has expired, such as updating an address, changing the method of payment, or if a new pre-order bonus is added by us, a new authorization should be triggered which would update the order and remove the discount. Let us know if you have any other questions"

Given how badly GCU  was terminated, I wouldn't be surprised to see them add a "free shutterfly"  bonus to every new game to cancel all the discounted prices.

#65 SquirrelKing  

SquirrelKing

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

So an update to my previous post about getting two AC Gold Edition Digital cards price matched and B1G1 from Target. I got home and the codes didn’t work. I spent hours on the phone with Sony support, Ubisoft support and they kept blaming each other until they blamed Target. My receipt clearly stated activation was successful. Anyway I went back to target and they were totally understanding and returned and reissued me new cards. Guess what. They didn’t work either. They were listed as active on Sonys side but they wouldn’t work. Eventually with all the troubleshooting I got my PSN account locked out for security reasons. Would you believe that their support could not unlock my account!!!??? I would have to wait 24 hours for it to unlock! Even escalated to management they said they have no way to unlock my account, even though it locked because they kept having me try different ways to activate the code. So, I returned the cards to target the next morning and said Fuck it to this shit.

That being said I was looking around last night and found out that the actual Ubisoft store is having a huge sale. Right now the PS4 Gold Steelbook Edition of Origins is down from $109.99 to $49.50. Then if you have Ubisoft points from having an account with them which I’m sure you all do, you can get another 20% off! So I got it for $39.50 but had to pay shipping $10. That being said $49.50 total for the steelbook Edition isn’t bad. Check it out here: https://store.ubi.co...d&source=detail

#66 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Did the same but with 2x XB copies.  I locked in a trade value of around $25.$$ on Sunday as soon as I saw the Target deal, I think they've both just arrived so I'll be sending in shortly.  But interestingly, Far Cry 5 can no longer be traded on BB.com... I guess a lot of people were doing the same.  Going to keep one sealed for now until I know BB give me that credit.

#67 ZackWA99  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:49 AM

Me and my friend both getting Far Cry 5 and then just splitting the price. Comes out to about 24 bucks each including shipping so I'm pretty good with it.

#68 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

Can’t wait for far cry 5 gold edition to merge. Don’t feel like getting a regular copy right now. Someone else deserves the game for a cheap price more than I do rn since it’d just be at home sealed collecting dust

#69 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

So an update to my previous post about getting two AC Gold Edition Digital cards price matched and B1G1 from Target. I got home and the codes didn’t work. I spent hours on the phone with Sony support, Ubisoft support and they kept blaming each other until they blamed Target. My receipt clearly stated activation was successful. Anyway I went back to target and they were totally understanding and returned and reissued me new cards. Guess what. They didn’t work either. They were listed as active on Sonys side but they wouldn’t work. Eventually with all the troubleshooting I got my PSN account locked out for security reasons. Would you believe that their support could not unlock my account!!!??? I would have to wait 24 hours for it to unlock! Even escalated to management they said they have no way to unlock my account, even though it locked because they kept having me try different ways to activate the code. So, I returned the cards to target the next morning and said Fuck it to this shit.
That being said I was looking around last night and found out that the actual Ubisoft store is having a huge sale. Right now the PS4 Gold Steelbook Edition of Origins is down from $109.99 to $49.50. Then if you have Ubisoft points from having an account with them which I’m sure you all do, you can get another 20% off! So I got it for $39.50 but had to pay shipping $10. That being said $49.50 total for the steelbook Edition isn’t bad. Check it out here: https://store.ubi.co...d&source=detail

3 words

https://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA

#70 SquirrelKing  

SquirrelKing

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

3 wordshttps://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA

Hahaha

#71 BR1CK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

Target PM’d gamestop on the ps4 Far Cry 5. It’s now 39.99 and still b1g1.

#72 ubiquetous  

ubiquetous

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:20 PM

Thanks grabbed 2.

#73 ritchardf  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:13 PM

south park ps4 down to $26

#74 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Target tried to play me in store on Far Cry 5 charging full price. Just ordered online and did store pick up.

#75 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10394 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for the post, OP. Got South Park Switch and Mario+Rabbids Switch.

#76 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:47 AM

Tried to trade in FC5 in store at BB to see if it would ring up, they really did wipe it off the systems :(

#77 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

Is it too late to enter?

yes....wow, you guys are even denser when grouped, huh? Lol (you have to be NON 2013+no posts+useless posts, which coincidentally, you all are, omg too funny....god bless America)

#78 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6599 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

Tried to trade in FC5 in store at BB to see if it would ring up, they really did wipe it off the systems :(

Really? It's not showing up on their site for trades. That's odd and sucks.

#79 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:22 AM

Really? It's not showing up on their site for trades. That's odd and sucks.

It's live now on BB site. Was looking to trade mine in for that metallic blue ps4 controller on sale today.

#80 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

It's live now on BB site. Was looking to trade mine in for that metallic blue ps4 controller on sale today.

How long is that controller gonna be on sale for

#81 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Thanks, got a price adjustment via chat for $4.75 (after RedCard discount) difference.

#82 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

How long is that controller gonna be on sale for

June 18th

#83 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Super lucky. Got them to price match website for AC origins gold and far cry 5. The promo is auto so don’t have to worry about cart wheel stuff. So got both for 40 total :)

#84 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22421 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Just got back from Target.  Picked up Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creed Origins for $39.XX total.  Crazy deal.

#85 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:20 AM

Got a gold edition of Assassins creed origins for the PS4. I already had the base game for Xbox one. Anyone want to trade an Xbox one season pass code for my PS4 one?

#86 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:20 AM

How are y’all still finding gold editions of the old games lol

#87 Hondo76  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:31 AM

This is a good deal IMO. I had to call the manager because customer service desk didn’t want to honor the BOGO. They were trying to charge me 40 for each. With a little persistence got the BOGO.

#88 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

Tried to price match my far cry 5 order from last Sunday and they didn't want to give me the $39.99 price, saying that I paid $21~ for each. Tho they offered to refund me 10% so I just took that lol, better than nothing. This was through the target.com chat.

#89 Troe123  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Super lucky. Got them to price match website for AC origins gold and far cry 5. The promo is auto so don’t have to worry about cart wheel stuff. So got both for 40 total :)

Physical or digital?

#90 miketheplantguy   Banned Banned   600 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

miketheplantguy

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:40 AM

Physical or digital?

Both physical (origins dlc is a code so that is digital). Though I’m tempted to trade in physical origins and buy digital when on sale.