Marvel vs Capcom 2

jedirabiz

CAGiversary!
What do you guys think is the over/under on getting MvC2 back on the XBL arcade and PSN store? Now that it looks like the FOX and Disney deal is going to go through (barring interference from the FTC and Comcast), they'll have film control over the characters again. And given that newer iterations of the games have not included favorites like ANY X-men or mutant characters due to the Marvel embargo on such characters, do you guys think that Capcom let the license lapse or did Disney bar them from renewing the license for MvC2 because of the character appearances?

The game is old at this point and on last gen consoles. No way is it worth the effort to bring it back. I can see Infinite being delisted by next year. Marvel vs Capcom Origins and Deadpool did not take long at all. 

What do you guys think is the over/under on getting MvC2 back on the XBL arcade and PSN store? Now that it looks like the FOX and Disney deal is going to go through (barring interference from the FTC and Comcast), they'll have film control over the characters again. And given that newer iterations of the games have not included favorites like ANY X-men or mutant characters due to the Marvel embargo on such characters, do you guys think that Capcom let the license lapse or did Disney bar them from renewing the license for MvC2 because of the character appearances?
I think this more is tied into the act that they didn't renew the license due to it potentially taking away from the money they would have made from MvCI. Now that MvCI came out and flopped, I very much doubt that Disney would allow MvC2 or MvCO to be rereleased because Capcom has proven that they cannot make a great game with the license they were given.

Though IMO, it sounds more like it's Disney's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back