owlboy limited preorder on bestbuy

Anyone able to pre-order it though?

This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart.

Am I missing something here? $50 for some pins and stickers? Isn’t the digital of this game like $20?
Limited Edition includes: Owlboy game, certificate of authenticity, original soundtrack, notebook, manual, Owlboy logo pin, Otus pin, two metal Buccanary coins, pin box, sticker sheet

Certificate of authenticity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol

When i clicked on the link (mobile anyway) only showed the normal copy. Dont care for the LE, think ill wait anyway.

People before the pre-order is available:

"OMG, the Collector's Edition looks super awesome!"

The same people after it's sold out:

"OMG, that Collector's Edition looks terrible.  Why would anyone pay extra for those crappy extras?!"

Whatever makes you feel better! :whistle2:D

I don't know a damn thing about this game, but usually the hype found in threads causes me to order a game when I never intended to. I missed this one, but I am not salty as I still don't know anything about it. Saved me $70 I guess.

I don't know a damn thing about this game, but usually the hype found in threads causes me to order a game when I never intended to. I missed this one, but I am not salty as I still don't know anything about it. Saved me $70 I guess.

$55 with GCU

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Amazon will likely be putting more of these up as I will be canceling my Amazon order since I got one with GCU at BB.  I'm guessing I won't be the only one either.

I wanted to pick up the Limited Edition but ended up just getting the standard. I don't ever sell games like this anyway and don't really need a certificate to tell me how rare it is. 

I felt the same way so I watched a trailer of the game. Absolutely zero interest afterwards.

I am a bit salty as I really wanted a copy, and for some reason had no idea it was ever available at Best Buy or Amazon. And now the greasy re-sellers on the 2nd hand market are out in force. So looks like this is something I won't ever be owning cuz fuck the second hand market.

I am a bit salty as I really wanted a copy, and for some reason had no idea it was ever available at Best Buy or Amazon. And now the greasy re-sellers on the 2nd hand market are out in force. So looks like this is something I won't ever be owning cuz fuck the second hand market.
They're greasy because of poor diet and oil being released from their pores. If you buy up all the Neutrogena face wash, then you can give them a taste of their own medicine when they come running to you to degrease their glistening crisco face.

They're greasy because of poor diet and oil being released from their pores. If you buy up all the Neutrogena face wash, then you can give them a taste of their own medicine when they come running to you to degrease their glistening crisco face.
That might have an effect if they had any money left for face wash after buying 10+ copies of a game. Can't make a pyramid for their ebay listing photo with anything less, after all.

Ok, I didn't know anything about the game like I said earlier and looked up some videos and reviews online. Long story short, I missed out on the LE, but I had $10 in BB reward certs and got the standard edition on Switch for $15 shipped.

I have a problem.... LOL

Ok, I didn't know anything about the game like I said earlier and looked up some videos and reviews online. Long story short, I missed out on the LE, but I had $10 in BB reward certs and got the standard edition on Switch for $15 shipped.

I have a problem.... LOL
I am really enjoying it myself. Wish I could have gotten the LE, but I am happy with the standard edition. I love the music and art style of Owlboy.

Did go ahead and order one for the switch when I posted this. I got a notice today from BestBuy saying it's taking longer than they thought to get the game and that BestBuy will cancel if they can't ship by August 12th. Well, that sucks since the release date was pushed back till August 31st...

Considering the digialt version is 25, the physical copy with GCU seems like the better offer! It's a good game but not Limited Edition worthy.

Did go ahead and order one for the switch when I posted this. I got a notice today from BestBuy saying it's taking longer than they thought to get the game and that BestBuy will cancel if they can't ship by August 12th. Well, that sucks since the release date was pushed back till August 31st...
Yeah, I got the same notice as well. Guess they haven't gotten the memo on the release date change.

I haven't received any emails about it but I recently checked my order history and though the Owlboy CE (Switch) sill shows up as backordered, they have now extended the date that which they will cancel orders to September 30th.  So they seem to have extended that past the actual release date now.

yea... im gonna cancel mines too. its not worth it. ps4 game only is $20. this ce is $70. worse than LRG pricing their CEs. lol

LOL, when I first saw this offered, I had to do a double take on the contents and the pricing, as I thought something wasn't right. Besides the pin set that is included, this is easily a Play-Asia $35 release and then some. Owlboy was one of my most wanted titles in a long time, but this CE was probably one of my most least wanted in a very long time as well. LOL

bread's done
Back