Dragon's Crown Pro Best Buy - $29.99/$23.99 GCU Save $1 w/in store pick up

+1 to this. I got it when it came out on PS3 and bought this right away, but definitely getting price adjusted. This reminds me of Golden Axe with RPG elements.

Also, for those who may care, the trophy list isn't new - it's tied to the PS3/Vita list from 2013.

Yep, for Elite members or higher you can get a PM as it is only 25 days after launch. Just got the $16 difference refunded on my order and that's a steal for such a great game. Guess it didn't sell at all this time around though since it dropped so hard this fast. Shame really.

Nice deal. Had this on my PSTV but have kind of retired that for now with too many things hooked up to my TV. Wanted to get this when it came out but $49.99 was too much for me. This is what I wanted to pay for a rebuy. Sold.

Did the price adjustment from my preordered copy and got back $16.96 including tax.  Pretty sweet deal for the game this soon after launch.  For those wondering the metal case has some really nice embossing on it.  Highly recommended (game is great too)!

That feeling when you are an elite plus member at Best Buy but you bought a game from Amazon instead.  :oldman:

Definitely a great deal though. 

Thanks for the info. I, too, got a price adjustment on my pre-ordered game and got back $17 with tax. Wish all new releases dropped this fast to get those price adjustments.

Really want to want this... but limited improvements and a shared trophy list, no reason not to just play the ps+ copy from ps3 :/

Sweet metal case for it for those new to the party.

Picked it up day 1 just in case the steelbook was actually limited, feeling great regret now.

Really want to want this... but limited improvements and a shared trophy list, no reason not to just play the ps+ copy from ps3 :/

Sweet metal case for it for those new to the party.
I could see that, but got rid of my PS3 when I got a PS4. I was glad to be able to play the game again, I got it at release. BB price adjusted the game over the phone with no problems.

But yeah, other than a bit crisper graphics, better version of the same music it's pretty much the same. The downfall of being cross compatible (multiplayer, saves, etc.) with the PS3 and Vita versions. But it does mean there are more players out there to join.

Trades in for $20 base at Gamestop. So depending if you are Pro/GCU/etc you can get just the steelcase for very little. Thats what I did since I already have the game on ps3/vita but thought the case looked cool.

One of my favorite games of the previous generation, updates are relatively minor but I'm happy to be playing it in 4K on the PS4. No framerate drops in multiplayer from what I can tell. (I ended up playing the Vita version almost entirely solo because of framerate drops when too many characters/spells were onscreen.) Vanillaware games are special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's just dumb.
It's probably because you can just load up your game save from the PS3/Vita version and get most of the trophies with no effort.

But yeah, it's dumb. It isn't like people getting some extra trophies costs anything (unless Sony charges the publisher for a new set).

Good find on a great game! Highly recommended at this price.

I just managed to get Best Buy to match the old GCU price with the new GCU price through online chat.

Be warned: you may have to politely push the agent to get them to match the new GCU price instead of the new regular price. I explained that matching the new GCU price is much less of a hassle than having me return the game so I could rebuy it at the new GCU price. They've also price-matched old GCU to new GCU prices for me in the past. Plus, they're not price-matching a competitor.

If you're nice, they'll likely work with you. It's not worth getting upset over an extra $6, but if you can get it in the adjustment, great! If not, at least you saved something. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really ridiculous when we know how their system works better than they do. I am constantly explaining how much I should get back and why everytime I do a price adjustment...

Good find on a great game! Highly recommended at this price.

I just managed to get Best Buy to match the old GCU price with the new GCU price through online chat.

Be warned: you may have to politely push the agent to get them to match the new GCU price instead of the new regular price. I explained that matching the new GCU price is much less of a hassle than having me return the game so I could rebuy it at the new GCU price. They've also price-matched old GCU to new GCU prices for me in the past. Plus, they're not price-matching a competitor.

If you're nice, they'll likely work with you. It's not worth getting upset over an extra $6, but if you can get it in the adjustment, great! If not, at least you saved something. :)
It's actually written right in their price match rules that they will match the GCU price on their own sale prices. So don't ever settle for less when it is a Best Buy sale price you are matching.

For competitor's price matches though they will only match the price itself (no GCU).

It is really ridiculous when we know how their system works better than they do. I am constantly explaining how much I should get back and why everytime I do a price adjustment...
When I get the adjustment, same thing. Except I end up getting more back due to them not understanding math. Kinda sad, and hilarious at the same time. Only had to do 2-3 adjustments, but it's always the same.. the $8/12 back, ends up being $12-16+ back.

I ended up getting re7 gold for around 13 dollars because of that. The person that worked at customer service did the adjustment wrong and acted like I was trying to do something dishonest. I had to get a manager to explain what I was saying to. She felt sorry for me for it taking over 30 minute to do the adjustment so she gave me the game and refunded my certificate too.

Dont give up!

I normally don’t care about steelbooks one way or another. But this case is really cool. It’s super embossed and has more artwork on the inside that you can see through the clear plastic inner housing

I figure it won't go lower seeing that Odin Sphere has only been $24 digitally, so I bit. I just wish Odin Sphere also got the 4k treatment rather than just 1080p.

Thanks for posting this.  I like DC but wasn't willing to double dip since it just came out last gen, but for less than $20 (GCU and $5 reward cert) I said why not, the packing is beautiful!

bread's done
Back