* * * * - 6 votes

Dragon's Crown Pro Best Buy - $29.99/$23.99 GCU Save $1 w/in store pick up

#61 beard_of_zeus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

beard_of_zeus

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

How do you get the return window so long?

I have Elite, so that gave me a 30 day return window. I bought the game like Friday of launch week, so when I called, I was still within the return window.

#62 destro4eva   Banned Banned   1210 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Thanks OP! I resisted it initially at release as I have this on the PS3/Vita but at this price with GCU, a 3x dip was warranted.

Love this game. 

#63 fanboy100  

fanboy100

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

picked this up today my store had 3 copies. i finally own a copies now never played it yet but wanted to 

#64 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:41 AM

I procrastinated a bit and now it seems it's too late.. oh well. Maybe next time. Not like I'm hurting for games to play lol.

#65 folnevar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

Been trying to price match this for over a week now. First they tell me I'll get a $20 plus tax refund ($49.99 to $29.99, obviously). Then, after several days, still no refund processed. Contact CS again. They say they are still waiting for the refund to be processed...

Finally, get an e-mail yesterday. $10 (plus tax) refund. Call them up and they tell me I only get $10 because I paid $40 for it and it was $30 on sale. Tried to explain that the game was $50, GCU knocked it down to $40, and my new price should have been $24 (again, with GCU) so my refund should be $16 plus tax. **CRICKETS**

Then, a whole lot of BS and excuses. Had to explain to them how GCU works, to no avail. Don't they even know what their own store policies are? Yeah, dumb question, I know.

But, but, you paid $40 and then it was $30, so you get $10. Also told at one point, can't price match and use GCU. Tried explaining that I'm not price-matching another store. It's their price, on sale. If I walked into a store and did a return/rebuy, it would be $40 return, and $24 rebuy. All I get on the other end is... but, but, you only paid for $40 and it was on sale for $30. (Bangs head against wall). Asked them how is it my GCU discount applies on the original purchase and return, but not the rebuy. **SILENCE** Fucking clueless idiots.

If my closest BB wasn't 45 minutes away, I would have just driven to the store and done the actual return/rebuy and saved the hassle. What a fucking pain in the ass!!

Going to be real difficult to find a reason to keep buying any games from them after my GCU expires in September.

#66 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Yeah...but look on the bright side, once it runs out you won't have to bother explaining all of that anymore!

#67 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5847 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:16 PM

Nice deal. Had this on my PSTV but have kind of retired that for now with too many things hooked up to my TV. Wanted to get this when it came out but $49.99 was too much for me. This is what I wanted to pay for a rebuy. Sold.

I had this game on PSTV too, but I lost the PSTV in my apartment somewhere. I can save some money by bowing out of this deal if I can find it. Why'd they make the damn thing so small?

#68 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2645 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

If you DO do a price match through Best Buy, let me give you a bit of advice.  Call in.  I did several price matches in store, and they do an exchange/re-buy instead of just adjusting the price.  This happened a few times that paired with a few returns, my account got flagged by the Retail Equation (the company that basically revokes returns) and I had to call Best Buy Corporate to get it reversed.  Luckily I now have a contact there in case anything like that happens again, but the rep told me that they shouldn't be doing return/re-buy, but a price adjustment.  He also informed me that they are looking into this not happening again in the future because supposedly it has been happening a LOT.  Just a heads up for anyone that does price matches.

#69 VampireTampon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

VampireTampon

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

If you missed out on this deal and were feeling bummed out, rejoice! This deal is once again live and Amazon is matching it. As a reminder, this is the Battle Hardened Edition, which I guess comes in a metal case with a few cards.

#70 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

Should've launched at this price. Probably 20.