Best buy coinstar deal. $150 gift card and $15 bonus in july

Also i find it surpriing i can use best bvuy gift card toward game pass, i through best buy don;t allow gift casrd purcahse anymore with gift card

yeah i used to do these deals but not sure this time since GCU is ending and cant buy other gift cards with gift cards anymore

Hmm. I already have most of the games I want preordered, and was gonna wait to preorder RDR2 until the $10 cert from tomb raider went through. Add in that a lot of the games announced this week will quite possibly be out after my GCU is gone and I'm not sure I want/need to do this. But I've done it the last 3 times it was offered.

Friendly reminder to check your email for anyone that did this. My savings code came today. Used it towards my DQ11 preorder.

Don't forget that BB gift cards can no longer be used for POS digital cards (such as XBox Live, PS+, Steam cards, etc. etc.). Happy shopping for those that got this!

Did anyone have any problems with their promotional codes? Neither of my codes are working, I keep getting an error message during checkout:

Oops, this isn’t a valid gift card number or savings code. Please double-check it and try again.

I have done this promotion before and never had any problems, so I know I'm entering the codes correctly. The actual gift cards I purchased work just fine, just not the $15 promotional codes.

Did anyone have any problems with their promotional codes? Neither of my codes are working, I keep getting an error message during checkout:

Oops, this isn’t a valid gift card number or savings code. Please double-check it and try again.

I have done this promotion before and never had any problems, so I know I'm entering the codes correctly. The actual gift cards I purchased work just fine, just not the $15 promotional codes.
I used both of my $15 promotional codes no problem. I used them on July 5th though so maybe there is an issue now?

[font='Human BBY Web', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oops, this isn’t a valid gift card number or savings code. Please double-check it and try again.[/size][/font]

Yes, none of my three codes works.

Have you tried calling the number on the web page with the code? That's what I plan to do.

I'm in the middle of CS hell. The number on the web page with the code, 1-888-716-7994, has been useless. The first CS agent told me that the code isn't activated, and he can't do anything about it, and he gave me another number to call-- which turned out to be the Best Buy Canada main help line (I'm not in Canada). The next CS agent told me that all three of my codes expired on the 6th, even though they say they're active from July 5-15, and she can't do anything about it.

There's a Best Buy Cashstar site for activating gift cards, but it just tells me it can't activate the codes.

People on the Best Buy forum are complaining that their codes don't work, but I haven't seen any useful responses yet.

Edit: The second CS agent from 1-888-716-7994 eventually connected me with another agent who was able to help. That agent offered to send me a non-expiring gift card of $50. It'll take up to a couple weeks, and it took something like 40 minutes of my day, but at least I wasn't totally SOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the middle of CS hell. The number on the web page with the code, 1-888-716-7994, has been useless. The first CS agent told me that the code isn't activated, and he can't do anything about it, and he gave me another number to call-- which turned out to be the Best Buy Canada main help line (I'm not in Canada). The next CS agent told me that all three of my codes expired on the 6th, even though they say they're active from July 5-15, and she can't do anything about it.

There's a Best Buy Cashstar site for activating gift cards, but it just tells me it can't activate the codes.

People on the Best Buy forum are complaining that their codes don't work, but I haven't seen any useful responses yet.

Edit: The second CS agent from 1-888-716-7994 eventually connected me with another agent who was able to help. That agent offered to send me a non-expiring gift card of $50. It'll take up to a couple weeks, and it took something like 40 minutes of my day, but at least I wasn't totally SOL.
Wow, so it sounds like the codes actually expired the 6th then? Good thing I decided to redeem mine right when I got them (since I almost forgot to do that last time). Sucks you had an additional 40 minutes of your time wasted but sounds like you got an extra $5 for your trouble, which I guess is something.

Welp, sign me up too for having three $15 codes that don't work. Guess I should have redeemed them before July 6th. I posted a message on BB forums, hope they help out (they have in the past for some other issues fortunately).

Just to follow up on my original post. Went to BB online customer service (chat) first. Rep kept telling me to enter it as a gift card. After I told him I knew what I was doing about 7 or 8 times, he checked one of my codes and confirmed it was invalid. He gave me a BB Gift Card customer service # to call.

Called BB Gift Card customer service. Was told the codes expired 7/6. After telling the rep several times that the codes were just e-mailed out and are supposed to be good until 7/15, she finally confirmed my codes were no good and forwarded me to a BB/Cashstar rep.

BB/Cashstar rep was at least aware of the promotion and when the codes were supposed to expire, and knew something was wrong. I was told my issue was "escalated" to their internal team (whatever that means) and I would be contacted within 48 hours. 

Still waiting on a response...

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them the other day and finally received an email late last night. This is their response....

Hello Darkdaze73,

We understand that there is a technical issue with the promotional cards which is being investigated.
We expect to have a resolution in 24hrs. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your patience while we research this matter further for you.

Check your codes. I just received another email with the same response, but near the top of the email it states "Your request has been deemed solved" I went to try my code and now it works.

Yep can confirm I had 3 codes yesterday that didn't work but today they do now. I asked for help on Best Buy's support forum and also on cash star customer support but haven't got a response from either one anyway.

Just to update, Best Buy e-mailed me 2 new codes tonight. They both worked. The e-mail was titled:

Sorry! Here's your new savings code.

Again, I went through customer service online, was referred to Best Buy's gift card phone line, and finally transferred to a BB / Cash Star customer service agent. The phone number I was given is 1-866-308-6166, so if you're still having problems, maybe try that number?

Good luck!

bread's done
Back