Amazon Game Discount Gone?

ALong405

CAGiversary!
So this might be old news...and if so please just delete this....but when GCU was cancelled people were assuming that the Amazon Prime discount would go away soon...did this just happen or did i just miss when it did? Because i was just looking and all games (e3 pre-orders, games coming out soon, etc...) seem to be full price (yes, i am a prime member)

So...did i just miss this being cancelled? or did it just happen?

On standard editions, it's at reduced price. If your trying to buy a limited edition, there is no discount.

Discounts only seem to be on the regular version of the game and not on SE, limited, ultimate or deluxe. If the discounts go away I’ll likely just do my preorders through PSN and live from now on

Also there are times the discount doesn't show until I put it in the cart.  There have been instances on newer postings/skus they don't adjust the price until later on too.

It is still applying for regular versions of games for now...but I wouldn't be surprised if they start phasing it out.

I contacted CS the other day about applying the discount retroactively to a new game I had preordered and shipped that I realized never had the discount applied (Moss), and the guy on the phone told me not all new games were eligible and it was up to me to make sure the prime discount was on the product page before ordering. Dunno if this is standard procedure now or I just got a bad/lazy rep.

It is still applying for regular versions of games for now...but I wouldn't be surprised if they start phasing it out.

I contacted CS the other day about applying the discount retroactively to a new game I had preordered and shipped that I realized never had the discount applied (Moss), and the guy on the phone told me not all new games were eligible and it was up to me to make sure the prime discount was on the product page before ordering. Dunno if this is standard procedure now or I just got a bad/lazy rep.
I called twice on Moss two days ago. I pointed to their FAQ and Terms for the discount that it should be applied to the game. My case was forwarded to the Promotions Team and I was given a refund for the 20%. Keep trying. :)

I called twice on Moss two days ago. I pointed to their FAQ and Terms for the discount that it should be applied to the game. My case was forwarded to the Promotions Team and I was given a refund for the 20%. Keep trying. :)
Thanks for the info! I went ahead and sent it back with another return I had in the pipeline and got it from BB instead. I noticed they changed their CS to direct people to email or phone and you kinda have to dig to get to email support, ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad part is even if a game add "special edition" to their title and that is their only version, amazon still won't give the game the prime discount.

any ideas then why this is full price?
Sony first party. They haven't even been available for pre-order because Sony wasn't keen on their games being discounted before launch. So I imagine now they're available but with no discount, especially with BB closing their program

Amazon is sure to follow suit

To further ask about this, is there a reason I can only order digital copies of Red Dead 2, PS4 or Xbox, on Amazon? Spider-man for PS4 is the same way. Digital doesn't get the Prime Discount. Did they just under order physical copies or something else?

bread's done
Back