- - - - -

Amazon Game Discount Gone?

#1 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

So this might be old news...and if so please just delete this....but when GCU was cancelled people were assuming that the Amazon Prime discount would go away soon...did this just happen or did i just miss when it did? Because i was just looking and all games (e3 pre-orders, games coming out soon, etc...) seem to be full price (yes, i am a prime member)

So...did i just miss this being cancelled? or did it just happen?

#2 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

Working fine for me. 

#3 Dreadth  

On standard editions, it's at reduced price. If your trying to buy a limited edition, there is no discount.

#4 kakoden   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Discounts only seem to be on the regular version of the game and not on SE, limited, ultimate or deluxe. If the discounts go away I’ll likely just do my preorders through PSN and live from now on

#5 Klattu Barada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Klattu Barada

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

You also have to Checkout to see the dscount. At least I do.

#6 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Also there are times the discount doesn't show until I put it in the cart.  There have been instances on newer postings/skus they don't adjust the price until later on too.

#7 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

hitman_2.jpg
hitman.jpg

any ideas then why this is full price?

#8 sakanakami   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

sakanakami

Amazon stopped doing the discount for the collector's editions about a year ago now.

#9 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4129 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

Do not create threads to ask a question

#10 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12833 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

hitman_2.jpg
hitman.jpg

Wait and see if they add it later.  They aren't always on the ball.

#11 Jaimelyn60   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jaimelyn60

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

It is still applying for regular versions of games for now...but I wouldn't be surprised if they start phasing it out.

I contacted CS the other day about applying the discount retroactively to a new game I had preordered and shipped that I realized never had the discount applied (Moss), and the guy on the phone told me not all new games were eligible and it was up to me to make sure the prime discount was on the product page before ordering. Dunno if this is standard procedure now or I just got a bad/lazy rep.

#12 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

Yeah it's not showing up on mine either so I would assume it would get adjusted later.

#13 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

It is still applying for regular versions of games for now...but I wouldn't be surprised if they start phasing it out.

I contacted CS the other day about applying the discount retroactively to a new game I had preordered and shipped that I realized never had the discount applied (Moss), and the guy on the phone told me not all new games were eligible and it was up to me to make sure the prime discount was on the product page before ordering. Dunno if this is standard procedure now or I just got a bad/lazy rep.

I called twice on Moss two days ago. I pointed to their FAQ and Terms for the discount that it should be applied to the game. My case was forwarded to the Promotions Team and I was given a refund for the 20%. Keep trying. :)

#14 Jaimelyn60   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Jaimelyn60

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

I called twice on Moss two days ago. I pointed to their FAQ and Terms for the discount that it should be applied to the game. My case was forwarded to the Promotions Team and I was given a refund for the 20%. Keep trying. :)

Thanks for the info! I went ahead and sent it back with another return I had in the pipeline and got it from BB instead. I noticed they changed their CS to direct people to email or phone and you kinda have to dig to get to email support, ugh.

#15 Lobotomies4free  

Lobotomies4free

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Same

Discounts only seem to be on the regular version of the game and not on SE, limited, ultimate or deluxe. If the discounts go away I’ll likely just do my preorders through PSN and live from now on

#16 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

With GCU being snuffed out, you can bet that this discount won't be too far behind.

#17 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:48 AM

The sad part is even if a game add "special edition" to their title and that is their only version, amazon still won't give the game the prime discount.

#18 kohmei  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

hitman_2.jpg
hitman.jpg

Sony first party. They haven't even been available for pre-order because Sony wasn't keen on their games being discounted before launch. So I imagine now they're available but with no discount, especially with BB closing their program

Amazon is sure to follow suit

#19 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Cool but what's the deal?

#20 nintenjoe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

nintenjoe

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

To further ask about this, is there a reason I can only order digital copies of Red Dead 2, PS4 or Xbox, on Amazon? Spider-man for PS4 is the same way. Digital doesn't get the Prime Discount. Did they just under order physical copies or something else?