Target. 2ds XL Orange white clearance $74.98 YMMV

BentoBox

CAG Newbie
Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I found the orange and white 2ds Xl on clearance at Target for 74.98 At the Target in Niagara Falls NY.

Had to wait 2 days before I could post this.

This has actually been posted in the Target clearance thread for a while.  Here's the Brickseek link for those that are interested:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-01-7002

I'm actually down in the WNY southtowns.  It's still $150 everywhere else in the area.  Niagara Falls is the only one here that has it discounted.  I was at the Orchard Park store today and saw it in the case still at MSRP.

All Targets around me are at full price except one with 0 stock (Tukwila, WA) showing $44.98.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the odds of success with picking it up at one store and then changing payment at the lower priced store?
Good as long as it is still in their system. You have to wait at least 24 hours after your purchase though as it is a "high dollar" item. If it isn't in their system, you are screwed when you get there.

I'd be happy to pay someone a bit on top of the cost of a DS at $45 if you would ship it. If interested PM me.

I just came up to visit the falls on Saturday and visited the store. Even checked for clearance items. Can't believe I missed this by a day :(

So you want someone to cover taxes plus pay to ship it out of their own pocket for you...classy.
There's a few states like Oregon where they have 0% sales tax so they assume the rest of the country is like that :rolls eyes: and probably thinks the tiny 5% Red Card discount is their payment for shipping smh lol shipping a handheld console is not cheap lol.

So you want someone to cover taxes plus pay to ship it out of their own pocket for you...classy.

Wow, this is what I'm talking about, this site is just full of flippers and scalpers now. Back in my day we used to drive around for hours looking for stuff for each other and just send it for free because we were the best damn community on the web. Then all of you flippers came with your GCU and Redbox flips and literally ruined the site. I'll have you know I drove 2 hours to pick up 2 $200 Destiny Ps4s and sold one of them to my friend at cost. You wanna know why? I'm a fucking Saint, that's why.

Wow, this is what I'm talking about, this site is just full of flippers and scalpers now. Back in my day we used to drive around for hours looking for stuff for each other and just send it for free because we were the best damn community on the web. Then all of you flippers came with your GCU and Redbox flips and literally ruined the site. I'll have you know I drove 2 hours to pick up 2 $200 Destiny Ps4s and sold one of them to my friend at cost. You wanna know why? I'm a fucking Saint, that's why.
Please don't start chrislisting-ing. We don't need another one of those so soon.

I don't think people would have given you as much shit if you at least offered to pay for the shipping (and taxes).

I'll have you know I drove 2 hours to pick up 2 $200 Destiny Ps4s and sold one of them to my friend at cost. You wanna know why? I'm a fucking Saint, that's why.
OMG was it Frank?? He told ME that he didn't have a PS4 yet, so I gave him my NIB Destiny PS4 and $40 cash! I bet he's a dirty freakin flipper... BRB gotta go downvote his entire reddit post history.

I don't think people would have given you as much shit if you at least offered to pay for the shipping (and taxes).
The fact that you even have the opportunity to help me, romeogbs19, I mean Romeo, oops chrislisting, shit Kotor15, is payment enough.

Hi guys, it's me from Chile, I am currently on Los Angeles, for E3 expo, I would appreciate tips and deals on some switch games ( I just bought a console last night).

Do you know any good deals around Koreatown? I think I have a GameStop nearby, but best buy is quite far.

Thank you in advance~

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

It’s funny you took half of my actual post here.

I’m hoping the perceived moocher wasn’t being serious. Seems like a troll job to me.

attachicon.gif
20180612_060501.jpg
NY sales tax kills it

I am still interested in paying a bit extra for someone willing to buy one at the $45 price and ship, please.

I am still interested in paying a bit extra for someone willing to buy one at the $45 price and ship, please.
Not gonna happen. There’s probably two stores in the entire US that have the price and it’s most likely an error. I’ve checked dozens of stores in various states on brickseek and none show that price.

Is the brickseek price always accurate?   Is it possible that it might be clearance price even though brickseek says $149.99?

Is the brickseek price always accurate? Is it possible that it might be clearance price even though brickseek says $149.99?
It's not 100% accurate all the time, but I've never personally seen BS say full price and it actually be clearanced, I have had BS say clearanced and it be full price though

Not gonna happen. There’s probably two stores in the entire US that have the price and it’s most likely an error. I’ve checked dozens of stores in various states on brickseek and none show that price.
2 stores in my town got down to $44.98, both got cleared out ages ago

There is a store within driving range of me but the DPCI is actually no longer in their system. Can't buy and change payment at that store as they can't ring it up.

No one is going to do that for you. And "extra"? You mean $2 that won't even cover shipping or tax?
Why do you immediately jump to me being a jerk and trying to screw someone over on a deal? I have no idea what it would cost to ship it or what their tax would be. I don't want to pick a number that would be unfair. If someone was willing to find one and wanted to discuss, I'd do so. As someone that sells a lot of things online, I understand how all of this works. I'm not looking for a handout.

Just for fun, how much would be a reasonable number for someone that bought the 49 2ds xl?

I’m curious at this point. What would be the reasonable price to offer / charge?

I have the new 3DS, is it more comfortable? Shoulder buttons look more rounded and easier on hands
It's comfortable, albeit cramped for larger hands. I couldn't play much more than 30 minutes without a grip.

I'd strongly recommend one of the controller-shaped grip add-ons, as well as some headphones or a small speaker. The existing speakers are in the top of the system now and vibrate the entire 2DS when the audio is on.

this should really just be merged into the Target thread, this deal was posted there like a month or two ago

Epect to add $15 to $20.

I would expect to add 5% -10% to cover sales tax. So about $2.50 - $5.00. Based on weight I expect USPS would make you ship priority mail. I'm estimating the weight including packaging to be in the 1 - 2 pound range. Priority mail 2 day costs $12.90 at that weight. If by some mgic trick it came in under or exactly equal to 1 pound then the same shipping method would be $8.45. This of course does not include packaging, time, and effort.
Nobody buying spares at $50 is trying to hook some random person on CAG up, let's be honest here. If it was a member I actively talk to and have a repertoire with, maybe, but average joe blow on this site that is clearing stores out of $50 2DS XL's isn't here to hook someone up for $20 premium

I'd be happy to pay someone a bit on top of the cost of a DS at $45 if you would ship it. If interested PM me.
Thought you were mocking the people who actually ask for this kinda thing until you doubled down an went on the offensive. Thanks for the laugh.

Nobody buying spares at $50 is trying to hook some random person on CAG up, let's be honest here. If it was a member I actively talk to and have a repertoire with, maybe, but average joe blow on this site that is clearing stores out of $50 2DS XL's isn't here to hook someone up for $20 premium
I've hooked plenty of CAGs up for just the cost and didn't ask a penny more. When Lockerz was clearancing out 3DS XL for $45 and OLED Vitas for $90 I picked up some extras to hook up CAGs I've networked with over the years. They've hooked me up over the years and sold items to me at cost so it's not a problem to return the favor. Not everyone here is out to make a profit. Try some networking and you'll be surprised on how many great deals you can have an option to buy.

I've hooked plenty of CAGs up for just the cost and didn't ask a penny more. When Lockerz was clearancing out 3DS XL for $45 and OLED Vitas for $90 I picked up some extras to hook up CAGs I've networked with over the years. They've hooked me up over the years and sold items to me at cost so it's not a problem to return the favor. Not everyone here is out to make a profit. Try some networking and you'll be surprised on how many great deals you can have an option to buy.
I'd gladly hook up people here I actually recognize, not joe blow who randomly showed up cuz he saw 2DS XL for 75% off and asked someone to help him out

Thought you were mocking the people who actually ask for this kinda thing until you doubled down an went on the offensive. Thanks for the laugh.
Offensive? If you thought that was me attacking or lashing out, you are way to sensitive. It was simply a response.

I was raised that it never hurts to ask. Worst someone can do is say no. That is perfectly fine as well.

Actually meant to quote Kotor. Whoops. I agree it never hurts to ask. And you offered to pay a bit extra. He on the other hand had me all smiles with the $44.98 for $45 shipped comment.

Actually meant to quote Kotor. Whoops. I agree it never hurts to ask. And you offered to pay a bit extra. He on the other hand had me all smiles with the $44.98 for $45 shipped comment.

So the double down sold it?

Ok, cool. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my end as well. Have a great weekend!

Happened to be on a family trip to Niagara Falls today, and convinced my wife to stop at Target. Was able to grab one for $45 for my oldest kid, it'll be her first game system that's "just hers." Thanks OP!

Happened to be on a family trip to Niagara Falls today, and convinced my wife to stop at Target. Was able to grab one for $45 for my oldest kid, it'll be her first game system that's "just hers." Thanks OP!
The Falls is a good time! Did you hop on over to the Canadian side? I visited not long ago and I always give people a heads up, it’s quite a walk from where you can park a car on the CDN side. I cycled to it and locked up the bikes from our B&B a couple miles from the Falls.

The Falls is a good time! Did you hop on over to the Canadian side? I visited not long ago and I always give people a heads up, it’s quite a walk from where you can park a car on the CDN side. I cycled to it and locked up the bikes from our B&B a couple miles from the Falls.
I do love the Canadian side; I went to NU and Clifton Hill was our playground :) But this time we just went to a "Fairy Festival" at Artpark in Lewiston. Had the wife keep the kids in the front of the store while I snuck back to electronics. Boxes were marked $75 but Brickseek told me $45, and with some gentle prodding, we got it down to the correct price. Sales guy was cool, he just wasn't sure he had the authority to adjust the price at first.

Have never owned multiple 3DSs, discovering it's a bit of a bummer that there's no way to share my existing digital purchases on my old 3DS XL with my daughter's new one, but hey, that's Nintendo, folks! At least they've finally modernized that kind of stuff a bit more with the Switch.

bread's done
Back