* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 6/17-6/23

#31 Sielanas  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

Pre-order certificates are funded by publisher, not BB.

#32 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11802 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Probably true but I can't help but wonder why Nintendo thinks games like Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros need further preorder incentives when they would sell damn well on their own.  They probably should push for $10 preorder certs for stuff like Sushi Striker and Octopath Traveler.

#33 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1723 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Probably true but I can't help but wonder why Nintendo thinks games like Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros need further preorder incentives when they would sell damn well on their own. They probably should push for $10 preorder certs for stuff like Sushi Striker and Octopath Traveler.

Yeah and on top of that they gave away those promotional coins with SMO. Very strange how they allocate their budget.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#34 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

I’d like to know where you got this info. I’m quite skeptical about it.

#35 VintageSTX  

VintageSTX

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

Probably true but I can't help but wonder why Nintendo thinks games like Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros need further preorder incentives when they would sell damn well on their own.  They probably should push for $10 preorder certs for stuff like Sushi Striker and Octopath Traveler.

I have wondered the same, but it probably just comes down to Nintendo allocating massive marketing budgets to those titles.

I’d like to know where you got this info. I’m quite skeptical about it.

Not sure if the publishers cover the entire $10 but they definitely contribute. There's a reason why the guaranteed titles that make the "Get $10" list are the ones that spend obscene amounts on marketing (AKA COD, Battlefield, etc).

#36 LRE1989  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:06 AM

Will the 20% off for GCU work on Mario + Rabbids?

#37 Sonicyogurt   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Sonicyogurt

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Will the 20% off for GCU work on Mario + Rabbids?

Yup!

1529676862_1.png

#38 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

In case anyone was wondering, I don't have any info to put up next weeks ad post since I've been on Vacation. 8-)

#39 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

#40 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Mario Tennis is going to be...

*puts subglasses on*

aces.

I wish I could agree. I've been in love with the series since its n64 release. The glaring lack of options, all available in every prior entry, is killing my enjoyment. 2 game, 1 set matches are literally the longest you can play. I've always played 3 game, 2 set matches at the MINIMUM.

You also can't select the difficulty individually for each CPU player - there's just one global difficulty option. Individual skill selection had been a staple in the series.

And only playing as Mario in the campaign leaves it feeling very flat.

#41 jaje21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

In case anyone was wondering, I don't have any info to put up next weeks ad post since I've been on Vacation. 8-)

Completely unacceptable! How will I know before Sunday if I want to spend money? Gosh how inconsiderate of you! I kid good sir. Thank you for doing what you do and please have a great vacation.

#42 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

I wish I could agree. I've been in love with the series since its n64 release. The glaring lack of options, all available in every prior entry, is killing my enjoyment. 2 game, 1 set matches are literally the longest you can play. I've always played 3 game, 2 set matches at the MINIMUM.

You also can't select the difficulty individually for each CPU player - there's just one global difficulty option. Individual skill selection had been a staple in the series.

And only playing as Mario in the campaign leaves it feeling very flat.

This game could be a 10/10 with some patches. Gameplay is great and characters and stages are all there, just need to have a freakin options menu to adjust settings

#43 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1285 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:16 AM

Side note, if you happen to still have GCU, you can pre order We Happy Few for $39.99. Sorry if this is old news.