New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Pacific Rim $19.99 Save $3
  • Pacific Rim 4K $22.99 Save $5
  • Pacific Rim 4K/3D Only @ BB $27.99 Save $2
  • Unsane $19.99 Save $3
  • Unsane 4K $22.99 Save $5
  • Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Season One $52.99 Save $7
  • Dragon Ball Super $29.99 Save $5

Damn had no idea Yoku's Island Express was getting a physical release, of course with Switch tax included..... I've been close to getting it digital, but am definitely going to snag a copy now.

Damn had no idea Yoku's Island Express was getting a physical release, of course with Switch tax included..... I've been close to getting it digital, but am definitely going to snag a copy now.

It's fantastic. A little short if you aren't a completionist (I'm not, so I plowed through it in probably ... 5 or 6 hours?), but just good fun.

It's fantastic. A little short if you aren't a completionist (I'm not, so I plowed through it in probably ... 5 or 6 hours?), but just good fun.
I probably should save myself some money and get it digital for half the price (I want to play it on Switch), but I am a sucker for physical releases and will pick this up.

It's my total surprise game this year, although $40 might be a little pricey. There's a ton too it, I've actually seen credits and I only had exactly half of the 32 achievements unlocked on Xbox, ton of secrets.

Finally a good launch price for a 4k version for Pacific Rim, however the CAG in me thinks if it starts low it'll go lower. (I thought movie was great)

Tyrok, thank you.

I feel bad asking a question I think I see most weeks. Anything ok 4K TVs? The sales look decent this week and not sure if that’s the norm or if the current week deals are pretty good

Good to see Best Buy having all these great sales now that GCU is no longer a thing.
I can tell from the number of likes that you saying this this week is four times as funny as when richardtf said it last week. Will have to wait to see if that exponential growth carries forward to next week's thread when someone repeats it again!

A bunch of overpriced Switch physical releases and BF Revolution for $30 when it's been on the digital stores for like $12

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell from the number of likes that you saying this this week is four times as funny as when richardtf said it last week. Will have to wait to see if that exponential growth carries forward to next week's thread when someone repeats it again!
sounds like a fun science experiment. perhaps we should open up some betting?

They say that all jokes are created equal, but you can see that's not true. Normally if you make a joke it's got a 50/50 chance of being funny. But this one isn't normal. You've got a 25% chance at best to not laugh. Then you add Ferrari Racer to the mix and your chances of not laughing drastically go down.

They say that all jokes are created equal, but you can see that's not true. Normally if you make a joke it's got a 50/50 chance of being funny. But this one isn't normal. You've got a 25% chance at best to not laugh. Then you add Ferrari Racer to the mix and your chances of not laughing drastically go down.
hangover-math-gif-10.gif

BB's been stingy with reward certs ever since lowering the GCU price. Hopefully after GCU ends they'll pick it up. They've been slacking hard.
They already have....last year there was only like six games they offered with a 10 dollar preorder cert...this year it's 11 iirc. So not sure how you can say they are slacking now.

Pre-order certificates are funded by publisher, not BB.
Probably true but I can't help but wonder why Nintendo thinks games like Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros need further preorder incentives when they would sell damn well on their own. They probably should push for $10 preorder certs for stuff like Sushi Striker and Octopath Traveler.

Probably true but I can't help but wonder why Nintendo thinks games like Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros need further preorder incentives when they would sell damn well on their own. They probably should push for $10 preorder certs for stuff like Sushi Striker and Octopath Traveler.
Yeah and on top of that they gave away those promotional coins with SMO. Very strange how they allocate their budget.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have wondered the same, but it probably just comes down to Nintendo allocating massive marketing budgets to those titles.

I’d like to know where you got this info. I’m quite skeptical about it.
Not sure if the publishers cover the entire $10 but they definitely contribute. There's a reason why the guaranteed titles that make the "Get $10" list are the ones that spend obscene amounts on marketing (AKA COD, Battlefield, etc).

In case anyone was wondering, I don't have any info to put up next weeks ad post since I've been on Vacation. :cool:

Mario Tennis is going to be...

*puts subglasses on*

aces.
I wish I could agree. I've been in love with the series since its n64 release. The glaring lack of options, all available in every prior entry, is killing my enjoyment. 2 game, 1 set matches are literally the longest you can play. I've always played 3 game, 2 set matches at the MINIMUM.

You also can't select the difficulty individually for each CPU player - there's just one global difficulty option. Individual skill selection had been a staple in the series.

And only playing as Mario in the campaign leaves it feeling very flat.

In case anyone was wondering, I don't have any info to put up next weeks ad post since I've been on Vacation. :cool:
Completely unacceptable! How will I know before Sunday if I want to spend money? Gosh how inconsiderate of you! I kid good sir. Thank you for doing what you do and please have a great vacation.

I wish I could agree. I've been in love with the series since its n64 release. The glaring lack of options, all available in every prior entry, is killing my enjoyment. 2 game, 1 set matches are literally the longest you can play. I've always played 3 game, 2 set matches at the MINIMUM.

You also can't select the difficulty individually for each CPU player - there's just one global difficulty option. Individual skill selection had been a staple in the series.

And only playing as Mario in the campaign leaves it feeling very flat.
This game could be a 10/10 with some patches. Gameplay is great and characters and stages are all there, just need to have a freakin options menu to adjust settings

bread's done
Back