* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sales!

#12361 refluxx  

Posted Today, 07:54 PM

Just received my 2nd code that I ordered at 11AM ET (currently 2:54PM ET) this morning. Instantly received a back-ordered email when it was placed. One of my friends placed an order at the same time and just got theirs as well.

I think if you got the order in before it went "out of stock" you'll be fine. Good luck everyone!

#12362 SamusSaranWrap   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   4 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SamusSaranWrap

Posted Today, 07:59 PM

Ordered 3.5 hours ago and was back ordered. Just received code now and works great. Never give up!!

#12363 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Today, 08:01 PM

Ordered at 10:45am EST. Still nothing.

#12364 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   822 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:07 PM

Ordered at 12:20 PM EST via Paypal and was sent a backordered email. My code came at 2:00 PM EST (~1 hour ago) and includes the game with DLC.

With the gift card price mistake deal, I noticed I had better success when using PayPal. I recommend using PayPal over a credit card to ensure better/faster service.

#12365 heatison777   The Heat is On CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

heatison777

Posted Today, 08:14 PM

I used PayPal this time vs CC on $70 eshop. Took 3hrs (11:45a-2:45p) from backordered email. Full game + DLC, and 230 gold coins.

#12366 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:16 PM

Ordered a little after noon EST after missing out last night and not seeing it this morning 'til late. Still waiting, but hearing all the success stories has given me hope. I just about 100%-ed the game on Wii U (there was one last pesky gem I gave up on), so if I can't play it on Switch I'll survive. It's a super fun game. I hope you all enjoy it!

#12367 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Today, 08:25 PM

Code just arrived but I'm getting "server under maintenance" error

#12368 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4660 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:25 PM

Code just arrived but I'm getting "server under maintenance" error

Same

#12369 Autosaver   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   822 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:28 PM

I was able to redeem through Nintendo's online portal FWIW. Dunno if it's still working.

redeem

#12370 Ray102396   CAG Newbie CAG in Training   9 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Ray102396

Posted Today, 08:29 PM

Just got my code as well, but can't redeem because of server maintenance. Can't redeem directly through the eshop or on the website.

Ordered at 12:20 PM EST via Paypal and was sent a backordered email. My code came at 2:00 PM EST (~1 hour ago) and includes the game with DLC.

With the gift card price mistake deal, I noticed I had better success when using PayPal. I recommend using PayPal over a credit card to ensure better/faster service.

I'd recommend NOT using paypal personally, I still haven't received my refund from that eshop code mistake over a week ago now from trying to check out with them, but did get a refund almost instantly when I used my card instead. That said, seems like the best way to do it is to pay with gift card if you can, that's how I finally got that eshop code, and how I got this one for Toad.

#12371 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Today, 08:49 PM

I was able to redeem through Nintendo's online portal FWIW. Dunno if it's still working.

redeem

I tried that too but I guess I just missed the servers being taken offline. Thanks, though.

https://www.nintendo...work_status.jsp

Under eShop status. Will be down for a while...

#12372 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:58 PM

Ordered a little after noon EST after missing out last night and not seeing it this morning 'til late. Still waiting, but hearing all the success stories has given me hope. I just about 100%-ed the game on Wii U (there was one last pesky gem I gave up on), so if I can't play it on Switch I'll survive. It's a super fun game. I hope you all enjoy it!

Yay! Got the code. Now to hope the "server maintenance" isn't a front for Nintendo to change all these codes over to just the DLC (probably not, but it's been a long day and I'm feeling conspiratorial).

#12373 ilikecheese9000  

ilikecheese9000

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

Finally got my code after about a 4.5 hour wait only to now be hampered by the server maintenance. Haha

#12374 Ray102396   CAG Newbie CAG in Training   9 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Ray102396

Posted Today, 09:06 PM

Yay! Got the code. Now to hope the "server maintenance" isn't a front for Nintendo to change all these codes over to just the DLC (probably not, but it's been a long day and I'm feeling conspiratorial).

Highly doubt it, the maintenance was already planned before this happened. Plus I don't think they could, because what if there's people who bought legit bundle codes? Don't think they'd know which is which honestly.

EDIT: And maintenance seems to be done, just redeemed my code on the website, and it indeed was the full game plus DLC.

#12375 myl0r   SKYRIM! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:10 PM

JUST got mine to go through on the eShop!

#12376 QuietStorm321   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

QuietStorm321

Posted Today, 09:12 PM

redeem

This worked for me too and it automatically started downloading on my Switch when it turned on. I was able to find my code at this website after a few hours of waiting for an email and not getting one: https://www.walmart....iverygroup.com/

#12377 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:17 PM

Highly doubt it, the maintenance was already planned before this happened. Plus I don't think they could, because what if there's people who bought legit bundle codes? Don't think they'd know which is which honestly.

EDIT: And maintenance seems to be done, just redeemed my code on the website, and it indeed was the full game plus DLC.

Ha. I was mostly kidding, but I was glad to read that it was scheduled.

Thanks for the heads up that the server maintenance was all done. Got my code to go through and it's the whole darn shebang! I'm thrilled. It's glitches like this that make be grateful to be part of this site. Thanks OP!

#12378 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11500 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:19 PM

Just got my code randomly like 4 hours later. Glad I checked Wario before I headed out or I would have totally missed it

#12379 Buc-ee's  

Buc-ee's

Posted Today, 09:27 PM

I just redeemed my code, so I guess they are finished with the maintenance.

#12380 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1969 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted Today, 09:27 PM

Ordered about 3 hours ago, got the code, it's the full bundle. Amazing!

#12381 SRL1  

Posted Today, 09:33 PM

finally got my code! 

#12382 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4660 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:34 PM

Redeemed my backordered code and got full bundle + 230 coins. Thanks to op and those who posted with deal updates.

Now to complain to Walmart that they charged me $0.29 on a tax free digital download ^^;

#12383 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1322 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Today, 10:20 PM

Redeemed and all set. This bundle was $1.90 after the value of the gold coins. I had strongly considering buying just the base game for $28 as part of the current eShop sale, too. Thanks everyone.

#12384 envelopes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:24 PM

I too want to thank the thread, and op especially, for this glitch. We had to wait over four hours, but the code arrived and the game is downloading!

#12385 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1371 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted Today, 10:26 PM

Got my code for the bundle after about 6 hours from ordering it. Thanks CAG!