* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sales!

#12421 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70692 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 02:10 AM

#12422 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2251 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:12 AM

I bought the first Anodyne on sale a while ago and greatly enjoyed it. This is a day one purchase for me. Thanks for sharing!

#12423 Kondorito  

Posted Today, 11:21 AM

I am liking this GAMETRIALS feature.

#12424 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16730 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:57 PM

Walmart has the family membership for $21. What happens to your individual membership if you redeem a family one on the same account?

#12425 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Walmart has the family membership for $21. What happens to your individual membership if you redeem a family one on the same account?

Related question: what's the maximum amount of time you're allowed to cache? 3 years?

#12426 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

I believe they essentially restart the membership and prorate the current month. Honestly I'm not sure how it'll work with the codes, as I paid with my CC when I upgraded mine.

I also ordered 2 codes from Walmart, let's see if I actually get them or not.

#12427 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   920 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:31 PM

Damn, had the window open and was about to order but the price went back up to $34.88. 

Looks like some people have gotten cancellations and backorder emails. Hope some of you got in! 

#12428 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16730 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:37 PM

I believe they essentially restart the membership and prorate the current month. Honestly I'm not sure how it'll work with the codes, as I paid with my CC when I upgraded mine.

I also ordered 2 codes from Walmart, let's see if I actually get them or not.

deal died before i got a chance to get my question answered from nintendo support.   

Sounds like when you buy family directly from nintendo, they prorate your existing individual.   I'm currently chatting with them to see what happens when you upgrade using a code bought from a retailer.   

also, while on slickdeals, i stumbled upon this:   

Fire_Thief_ ( 986 reputation_highpos.gif Jan. 20, 2021 at 9:47am
Why would you need family deal with regular deal is 20 bucks a year?? No one has 2 Switches

I had totally forgotten about this guy!  Still a moron.

#12429 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:49 PM

Haha, holy shit I totally forgot Fire Thief even existed.

#12430 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:55 PM

https://twitter.com/...6913111040?s=20

I am liking this GAMETRIALS feature.

Yeah this is great for the games with no demos as at least I get a feel for them.  Didn't care for that Crash Kart game... was resisting Dead Cells as I'm not often a fan of games with roguelite stuff built in but will at least get to give it a shot to see if I'm wrong or was right to resist.  Hopefully this keeps on being a regular thing.

#12431 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16730 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:57 PM

Related question: what's the maximum amount of time you're allowed to cache? 3 years?

Yes, you can stack them up to three years. You can only stack the same type of membership though (so if you get an individual membership, and then buy a family one, they'll run concurrently, not consecutively)

Haha, holy shit I totally forgot Fire Thief even existed.

What? You don't subscribe to his youtube channel?  

I mean it's been like 3-4 years since he was banned?  dude hasn't changed in that time at all.   sad really.

#12432 Kondorito  

Posted Today, 07:06 PM

I switched from individual to a family one some time ago, and they make some dark magic in which your remaining individual membership time is converted to money, and they deduct that difference from the final price of the family plan.