* * * * - 14 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 12/5: ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown Sale! $24 Saga Scarlet Grace, $11.69 Simulacra, $20 PixArk, & More!

#7141 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1837 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:58 AM

Any Cyber Monday deals for the Switch? Was hoping Picross S would go on sale. Or some Stardew Valley.

#7142 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69429 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

Any Cyber Monday deals for the Switch? Was hoping Picross S would go on sale. Or some Stardew Valley.

It's the Cyber Deals sale that started last Wednesday.

#7143 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1837 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:17 AM

It's the Cyber Deals sale that started last Wednesday.

I’m going to hold out hope Nintendo adds some things for Monday.

#7144 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

Any opinions on Fishing Star World Tour? 

#7145 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1314 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:45 AM

Any opinions on Fishing Star World Tour? 

Yes! I 100% recommend it to fishing fans. It's definitely an arcade fishing setup, so you don't have to overthink your gear or spend hours slogging through menus. Just select the appropriate tackle that allows you to catch the fish you're aiming for, and unlock new rods to make them progressively easier to reel in. There are no tournaments, no leader-boards, and no real story. Your goal is to just catch all the fish in your fish book. The biggest advantage it has over other fishing games is that you can catch 182 fish! Other fishing games on the switch have only around 25.

The game is beautiful and the fish are super detailed and true to their real life counterparts. The simple controls make it accessible to kids while the Epic and Legendary fish will require careful skill to reel in. Even I spent days and days trying to catch specific ones. It retails for $30 but has been, and is currently, $17.99. A physical version was released in November for the same price.

I've previously posted an overly detailed review of the game so I'll leave it here if you want to take a look.

Spoiler

#7146 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:04 AM

Anyone know of any reasons I wouldn't be able to chane my eshop account region besides having auto renewal on for Nintendo online or an account balance? Neither of those are true but still can't change region.

If its linked to a NNID you need to unlink first. 

#7147 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

Appreciate it Daisydog...I've been waiting for a fishing game like this for a while...something not completely arcade like Dynamite Fishing but not as serious as the fish simulator games either. 

#7148 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:22 PM

In case anyone is following this thread but doesn't own a Switch, Best Buy is offering a bundle of the new (red box) model with Starlink Starter Pack and Mario + Rabbids for $300.  Not a bad deal, IMO.

https://www.bestbuy....reality-deals-1

#7149 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3748 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

If its linked to a NNID you need to unlink first.

That was it. Thank you! Wanted to snag Trover for under $3 on Mexico shop.

#7150 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:34 PM

Splurged and bought Groove coaster wait wai party for $49.99. I hope it doesnt go on sale anytime soon

#7151 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69429 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

#7152 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

Anyone pick up ys viii ? Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7153 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4779 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:05 PM

That's really cool, thanks for sharing. 

#7154 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:38 PM

Doesn't help right now, but in March next year Two Point Hospital gets released for Switch. Thinking about picking it up for my wife.

https://smile.amazon...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

Yeah, I had been following that one since they announced a console port and actually put down a pre-order for it. Problem is, I played a few hours on a Steam free weekend and I think pretty much played it. If you look up long-term reviews of the game, they'll all say that Two Point Hospital is repetitive and the same gameplay loop with no variation after two hours or so. I think I'll have to cancel my pre-order.

#7155 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Anyone pick up ys viii ? Thoughts ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it on PS4 and it’s a great game. Not sure how well it runs on switch. It’s an action rpg, you always have a party of three that you can swap control of to use their specific weapon type (pierce, slash, crush) that you can match to an enemy type. Has an interesting story where you are shipwrecked on an island and have to explore to find a way off, plus discover why weird stuff is going down on the island. Yadda, yadda, yadda JRPG stuff.

#7156 dave auto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

dave auto

Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

PSA: eShop cards are 15% off at Dollar General until 12/7 (as well as PSN & a few other select gift cards).

Hadn’t seen it mentioned here yet, so I apologize if this info is redundant, but I thought folks in this thread might appreciate the heads-up. I usually stock up on eShop credit from Raise.com, but they haven’t had a deal as good as this in some time.

Only saw $20 denominations, and limit 1 per customer. But I was able to stop at a couple locations on my way home today. Just in time to grab a few more games from the sale before it ends ;)

#7157 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2929 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:17 PM

PSA: eShop cards are 15% off at Dollar General until 12/7 (as well as PSN & a few other select gift cards).

THANKS!  I'm seriously contemplating a few games on sale... now to decide to swing by DG on the way home and hope they have cards.

#7158 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

I was wondering if Dollar General would be doing that anytime soon.  I remember seeing it in the past.  I'm tempted, but alas, I only need a $10 eShop card and it sounds like they won't have it.  Not sure it's worth the $1.50 to go that far out of my way anyway.

In any case, glad to hear that this still happens on occasion.

#7159 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

How scratched are the contact pins on your Switch cartridges? Any issues with reading your scratched cartridges, if any?

I'm supposed to be 100% digital, but I couldn't resist some of these BF sales. I bought some used Switch games from GameStop and I've never seen this before, but there are vertical scratches going straight down all of the contact pins for my cartridges. I know this was relatively common with DS and 3DS cartridges, so I'm hoping Switch games are just as indestructible.

#7160 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

I’m going to hold out hope Nintendo adds some things for Monday.

Couple random things added. Offhand I only really noticed Mary Skelter 2 and Fairy Fencer as being new.

#7161 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3484 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:54 PM

Picked up some nice games from the recent sale

Puzzle Quest

Double Cross

Super Chariot (Gold Coins)

Star Wars Jedi Outcast

Hyper Light Drifter SE

Plus a couple of physical releases I'm bought during black Friday/cyber Monday -Hellmut, Gualamelee Collection and Raiden V. I think I'm golden for a while.

I've been really enjoying Children of Morta and Valfaris. Both of these games run excellent on switch and are a ton of fun. Puzzle Quest is great too. Nice game to relax and play at the end of a long day.

#7162 Juice el Savior   Urban Yeti CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Juice el Savior

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

I really wanna pull the trigger on Disgaea 1 complete but I just got Fire Emblem and Wargroove.

Laharl is just gonna have to wait a little longer before I wake him up again 🤷‍♂️

#7163 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:24 AM

Shopping on a budget this time.  Though with only a $10 eShop card and ~$1 in coins, I got:

Puzzle Quest

Super Chariot

Mana Spark

Not Not: A Brain Buster

Sans Mii Costume for Smash Ultimate

Not a bad haul for $10!

#7164 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on Wolfenstein Youngblood, particularly when playing solo? I’m thinking about picking it up before the end of the sale.

#7165 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on Wolfenstein Youngblood, particularly when playing solo? I’m thinking about picking it up before the end of the sale.

pick up the deluxe edition and invite some of us to play with the pass

#7166 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:51 PM

Besides NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, is there anything else I should consider before the sale ends? Picking up my Switch Lite today and would to get a few games to play.

#7167 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:10 AM

Decided screw it and ended up blowing all my gold coins to buy Gris, The Messenger, Puzzle Quest and Prison Architect. Not too bad a sale tbh.

#7168 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

So how does DLC work in the switch ecosystem exactly? Got both my kids the switch lite for Christmas and also going to cave and get a regular switch for the TV.

So far all the games I'm getting are physical that everyone will have to share but I'm wondering about DLC??

If I want to get the Zelda BOTW pass or the Smash Fighter pass can I just buy it for my main account on the TV switch and still somehow share to both my kids lite systems? Like if I at least put my account on their lites but lives don't sign in will it let them download and play the extra content?

#7169 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:43 PM

Late to the party but I picked up Gato Roboto during the sale and I've played through about 2/3rd's of it so far.  It's pretty good, reminds me of Xeodrifter in that it's a short little Metroid like game. Even the main boss of each level is the same with new moves, much like Xeodrifter. Overall for the price it's a great little game that I'm going to be able to burn through in a few sittings.

I also picked up Biolab Wars for .99 after seeing RGT85 on Youtube give some quick impressions. I really have no expectations but it seems like a good little throw back game that I'll probably enjoy. 

#7170 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2154 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

Huh.  I recently changed my region to Argentina and purchased some codes.  Changed my region back to the US afterwards, and now I can no longer change my region on nintendo.com as I did before.