* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#3061 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:51 AM

I'll hold out until tomorrow to see if the eShop matches the deals, I have some credit to burn.

#3062 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:12 AM

Grabbed the digital versions of Mario Tennis Aces, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, for $40 each on Best Buy. Decent enough prices to warrant not having to wait any longer, and they’ll always be ready to play right away without having to constantly swap out cartridges. Really tempted to do this with digital Super Mario Odyssey, but I already have the starter pack w/the traveler’s guide, lol.

I’ve had the physical copies of Odyssey and Kart since launch but I’m tempted to get the digital copies now just so I can always have them ready. Aside from those two and BOTw, I’m digital all the way with my Switch.

#3063 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1887 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

Doesn't seem like Nintendo eShop has the Mario games today for $40 as of yet.

#3064 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

I’ve had the physical copies of Odyssey and Kart since launch but I’m tempted to get the digital copies now just so I can always have them ready. Aside from those two and BOTw, I’m digital all the way with my Switch.

I had those all physical as well. Sold everything off and switched over to digital awhile ago. I dunno why I didn’t just go all digital on the switch in the first place.

Doesn't seem like Nintendo eShop has the Mario games today for $40 as of yet.

Did the sale announcement ever even mention Nintendo? I thought they were all at retailers only.

#3065 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

even then, i dont believe the store updates at 3am

#3066 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

I had those all physical as well. Sold everything off and switched over to digital awhile ago. I dunno why I didn’t just go all digital on the switch in the first place.

Did the sale announcement ever even mention Nintendo? I thought they were all at retailers only.

Yeah I did the same with my PS4 a few years back since those games go on sale pretty quickly. For Nintendo, I think it just seemed cheaper to go with Best Buy's GCU discount since those games rarely go on sale or see price drops. But now I'm just trying to figure out the best place to go to get some money back for these games. I don't really buy much from Gamestop and Best Buy's TIVs are pretty low in comparison.

#3067 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

Gamestop at least is offering an additional $5 for each Switch game, but they don't have the digital sale. If the games go on sale on the eshop, then that is probably the best bet.

Right now though, I thought it was just Amazon, Target, BB, and Walmart. Amazon trade in is a consideration, sometimes they way overpay for games.

#3068 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71057 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:43 PM

In case you were expecting it, the Mario deals are not on the eShop. The announcement said as much that they were just putting the codes on sale at various retailers, but that still seems weird to put digital games on sale only at retailers and not the digital storefront they own.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Gold Coins you get for a discounted code is the same as what you'd get if you paid $60 on the eShop, right?

#3069 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:49 PM

In case you were expecting it, the Mario deals are not on the eShop. The announcement said as much that they were just putting the codes on sale at various retailers, but that still seems weird to put digital games on sale only at retailers and not the digital storefront they own.

If I'm remembering correctly, the Gold Coins you get for a discounted code is the same as what you'd get if you paid $60 on the eShop, right?

and they're already going off sale/sold out at some of the retailers, Nintendo wtf?

#3070 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

I grabbed Odyssey as soon as I saw your post and when I redeemed I got 300 coins. So yeah, same as if you buy full price

#3071 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1887 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:09 PM

and they're already going off sale/sold out at some of the retailers, Nintendo wtf?

While the deal is supposedly until 3/16, I wonder if they just maxed out the number of codes they have to sell that day (if that's even a thing).

I didn't want to chance it. Bought the best buy NSMBU code from BB using $35 cert + $5. Will trade physical into GameStop tomorrow. There's plenty of opportunity to convert that GameStop back.

#3072 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

Yeah I got 300 coins for Mario Party. Not a bad price, and the kids and us will have fun with it.

#3073 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

I can't even find them on Target's website. I have a gift card so would prefer to get one there. Do they have the codes in store?

#3074 JustinSaneV2  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

Really disappointed Amazon sold through their allotment of SMBU digital copies so fast.  I redeemed a $25 Amazon gift card from my Google Crossmedia Panel account and by the time I went to Amazon it was already sold out.   :cry:

#3075 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

I bought SMBU and SMO just now from BB because I am still reeling from Amazon selling out of $29.99 Valkyria Chronicles 4 codes...

#3076 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:54 PM

Nor are the codes on sale at Gamestop itself, making this sale useless for both my trade-in credit AND my abundance of PUR points.  Should have figured that even when Nintendo had a generous sale, they would find a way to screw it up.

#3077 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

I was gonna grab Mario Tennis as soon as I got out of work and it's sold out at Amazon. I should've just gotten it in the morning.

#3078 CrepeNuts  

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:53 PM

My Best Buy order for NSMB was canceled within 20 minutes of buying. It’s unavailable on Walmart and Amazon. It also just was never on sale at GameStop. WTF?

#3079 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

My Best Buy order for NSMB was canceled within 20 minutes of buying. It’s unavailable on Walmart and Amazon. It also just was never on sale at GameStop. WTF?

because GS was not part of the sale... JUST amazon/walmart/best buy/target. Should read the linked page on nintendo's site.

https://www.nintendo...sales-and-deals

Note that GS is only doing the console deal

Now the fact that they are "sold out" of the digital codes is just pure BS.

#3080 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4134 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

Found game download cards at Target for Odyssey and Mario deluxe both rang up at full price

#3081 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

Yeah I did the same with my PS4 a few years back since those games go on sale pretty quickly. For Nintendo, I think it just seemed cheaper to go with Best Buy's GCU discount since those games rarely go on sale or see price drops. But now I'm just trying to figure out the best place to go to get some money back for these games. I don't really buy much from Gamestop and Best Buy's TIVs are pretty low in comparison.

I was all digital from day one on the Vita- it just made so much sense to. Same with the switch- with the game cards being so tiny and the system being portable, it just makes sense. Having GCU run out makes even more sense. Sold off or gave away all my PS4 games as well and repurchased the ones I really wanted to keep during digital sales.

#3082 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:33 AM

I'd recommend people keep trying the next week. Considering that the sale is supposed to run from 3/10-16, it would be pretty crappy of them to only set aside enough codes to last for about 12 hours.

Though maybe not surprising.

#3083 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

So starlink digital deluxe for $40 worth it? The additional Star Fox content has me intrigued.

#3084 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:04 AM

So starlink digital deluxe for $40 worth it? The additional Star Fox content has me intrigued.

Honestly you get enough with the $30 edition that I am not 100% sure you need to spend another $10. However, the extra $10 has the only characters I really like in the game, so take that for what its worth.

#3085 mr.Dobalina   Minimalist gamer CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

Man. I ordered a code for a Walmart this morning at 9am and I still don’t have a code.

#3086 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:41 AM

Man. I ordered a code for a Walmart this morning at 9am and I still don’t have a code.

Seen many people say it got delivered to their spam or junk folder, have you checked yours?

#3087 mr.Dobalina   Minimalist gamer CAGiversary!   1063 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:10 AM

Seen many people say it got delivered to their spam or junk folder, have you checked yours?

Yup, both inbox and junk folder..all day. Kind of ridiculous how long its Taking.

#3088 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:18 AM

Yup, both inbox and junk folder..all day. Kind of ridiculous how long its Taking.

Yeah it's really sounding like these companies were extremely unprepared for this sale. Hope this works out for you man!

#3089 bear489   Can't stop the signal. CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

And $250 just spent in mere seconds, got up at 5am yesterday and picked up all of the Mario sale on Amazon and the Starlink deluxe game from the eshop. Yay for being a CAG!?!? 

#3090 Touch3  

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

I placed an order at BB just before midnight last night.  It was fulfilled around 2:30AM... so it doesn't seem to be a problem on BB's end (or if it was, they fixed it between your post and my order).