* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#4951 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

Did anyone else pre order Link Awakening “collector” or “sleeper” edition from Target at 69.99?
It was on slickdeals fire so i bought one, idk if i am going to keep it even though I’m sure i will if it isnt cancelled lol

#4952 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:40 PM

"Converted" my physical copy of Ys VIII to digital, but going to hang onto Disgaea 5 since the GS TiV dropped from yesterday.

#4953 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:55 PM

Reminder that eshop vouchers can only be bought through tomorrow. I can't find a specific time for when the sale ends. Just a says July 31st.

#4954 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2905 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:50 AM

I'm not normally one to pop into the Nintendo thread, so please be kind on a newbie. I would like to pick up a Switch, and I want to wait until the new one with the fancy battery comes out. All the articles I read said a vague August.

Has anyone heard anything more about when these might be hitting shelves?

#4955 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:26 AM

I think they are already out, you just have to be lucky to find a store with enough business that they keep getting re orders
Or buy from nintendo to be safe lol then you can bug them all the time

Someone said the new ones start without the A so its XW or something.....idk

Point is, get one when you want, i really dont think its much of a difference if you get a console without drift issues (i have a new one, and its slightly better battery, much better kick stand i Moo, better joycons that dont drift, but the same exact thing,....)

#4956 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:15 AM

They couldnt sell (pre-order) the Switch Lite until FCC approval, which just happened. Changing the Switch also required FCC approval, cant just change the internals and send them out without approval first. Big no-no. 

https://nintendosoup...s-fcc-approval/

here is the link to Nintendo's FCC change request for the full size Switch. (note the change to a december 2016 approval)

https://fccid.io/BKE...-Letter-4349995

(And light FCC rules reading about change requests)

https://apps.fcc.gov...=33013&switch=P

TLDR=FCC requires testing before a new or modified product can be sold. or a recall/lawsuit from FCC will begin. (thats real BAD PR)

#4957 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71170 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:32 AM

I'm not normally one to pop into the Nintendo thread, so please be kind on a newbie. I would like to pick up a Switch, and I want to wait until the new one with the fancy battery comes out. All the articles I read said a vague August.

Has anyone heard anything more about when these might be hitting shelves?

https://www.nintendo...tch/tech-specs/

Mid-August. They mention the beginning of the serial number to look out for.

#4958 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Ehhhhhh just found out dreamer edition of US doesnt have steel book....about to cancel the pre order because i dont want to spend $22 on an art book....i can buy that from ebay in a couple of months after release

What do you think guys? Wait for euro version steelbook?

#4959 tonyvx  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:48 AM

Ehhhhhh just found out dreamer edition of US doesnt have steel book....about to cancel the pre order because i dont want to spend $22 on an art book....i can buy that from ebay in a couple of months after release

What do you think guys? Wait for euro version steelbook?

Unless it's reprinted, you'll almost certainly spend more than $22 for the book on ebay. As for the Euro version, I think you're out of luck on that one.

#4960 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

Unless it's reprinted, you'll almost certainly spend more than $22 for the book on ebay. As for the Euro version, I think you're out of luck on that one.

Damn. Thanks bro

#4961 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 31 July 2019 - 12:38 PM

https://www.nintendo...tch/tech-specs/

Mid-August. They mention the beginning of the serial number to look out for.

I thought I heard there was mention of new packaging as well (to alleviate the issue of having to check serial numbers), but that might have been rumor/speculation.

#4962 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

I thought I heard there was mention of new packaging as well (to alleviate the issue of having to check serial numbers), but that might have been rumor/speculation.

The packaging is different, but not overly so (it doesn't say anything like "new Switch).

https://imgur.com/1vVRrCn

#4963 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

The packaging is different, but not overly so (it doesn't say anything like "new Switch).

https://imgur.com/1vVRrCn

That's good, especially since a lot of stores have their consoles behind glass cases where you couldn't easily check serial numbers.

#4964 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

For what its worth guys, they sent me the new console, they actually took my old serial number off my old unit and replenished/refreshed the unit in the system as the “same one” even though its clearly not, the serial number was on the plastic off of my console lol

I was like come on, at least use some new adhesive if your going to replace my old serial....it wasnt even on! Like literally , they had it off, maybe to show me its the new one?

#4965 krzysio87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Are any of the Resident Evil games gyro aiming enhanced? The Wii version was so good I can't go back to stick aiming

If I remember correctly, the Revelations games both have it; 4 does not. No clue about 5 and 6.

#4966 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 31 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

For what its worth guys, they sent me the new console, they actually took my old serial number off my old unit and replenished/refreshed the unit in the system as the “same one” even though its clearly not, the serial number was on the plastic off of my console lol

I was like come on, at least use some new adhesive if your going to replace my old serial....it wasnt even on! Like literally , they had it off, maybe to show me its the new one?

They would not have sent you the new extended battery life version weeks before the FCC approved it. You may have received a new console, but it isn’t the new revision with the new processor and extended battery life.

#4967 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

It is, sorry
Why the hell would I make a post and then LIE about it all
The kickstand is WAY different, the JOY CONS are SO different that CAMPERINABUSH saw it, and the battery life is indeed extended
I couldn’t attest about the processor but if thats what your upset about...sorry dude, I GOT THE NEW VERSION, the kickstand and battery life are proof alone
Why wouldn’t they send it? Why not if they sent a new console without saying anything until I after I questioned the serial number?

The truth is the truth....i am not a liar

#4968 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

So Nintendo violated the FCC rules, sold a device prior to it being approved. To someone in the us prior to it even being released in Japan.

Yeah, quit while you are behind.

https://www.fcc.gov/...t-authorization

READ it.

You are saying Nintendo KNOWINGLY is violating federal law and gave you some special unauthorized device that at the time did not adhere to the FCC filing on hand. Bad PR for Nintendo, and they are not stupid... They would not send a new unlisted device into the wild.

(I'm Licensed with the FCC, and deal with them from time to time.)

Edit: Nintendo CAN have "Test" devices in the US operating prior to formal approval, but usage is strict. Giving one to a consumer?... not legal in any way. 

Go ahead, post the screenshot of your serial number from the settings page, black out the last few numbers.

And just FYI, Nintendo releasing the updated Switch, under old serial numbers and model numbers... bigger violation than what you are claiming. That would mean Nintendo is purposely trying to go around the FCC.

#4969 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

This is the last thing I’ll stay on this
YES, they must’ve violated your interpretation of FCC rules

Who said they sold me anything? I had a broken console from 2017....they sent me a replacement, why wouldn’t they send the new version they knew wont fail?

Who said anything about sell? GET IT, it wasnt a transaction

And yes, if they violated FCC rules by selling defective merchandise knowingly, they already did it, however many times you want to count

So yes, my kickstand and joy cons are CONFIRMED different....ask who i told you, he saw the pics

Again, last time ill say it, i started the thread BECAUSE i got the new shit, and not to brag about how Nintendo did an FCC reach around JUST FOR ME..ooooooooooo

Stop being jealous, and realize, the new consoles are real, the new joy cons are real, and you heard it here first, as usual

#4970 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

The truth is the truth....i am not a liar

b34891c7e072c370f8e316f45513a401.jpg

#4971 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

Couldn’t care less
I got the new console and joy cons and started the thread
If youre one of the jealous haters wishing to “upgrade” to a barely noticeable switch...::points and laughs:: “HA HA” - Simpson’s character

If you dont want to thank me for my help, then i simply wont post it....thanks for making life easier
Take it easy haters

And your welcome to the people who thanked legit

#4972 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:50 PM

I bet this guy doesn't even own a Switch in the first place.

#4973 tonyvx  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

Wow haters in 2019 smh  [-(

#4974 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4853 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

DB FighterZ on sale for $18 on eshop

https://www.nintendo...ighterz-switch/

Love playing this game on the go!

#4975 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

This is the last thing I’ll stay on this
YES, they must’ve violated your interpretation of FCC rules

Who said they sold me anything? I had a broken console from 2017....they sent me a replacement, why wouldn’t they send the new version they knew wont fail?

Who said anything about sell? GET IT, it wasnt a transaction

And yes, if they violated FCC rules by selling defective merchandise knowingly, they already did it, however many times you want to count

So yes, my kickstand and joy cons are CONFIRMED different....ask who i told you, he saw the pics

Again, last time ill say it, i started the thread BECAUSE i got the new shit, and not to brag about how Nintendo did an FCC reach around JUST FOR ME..ooooooooooo

Stop being jealous, and realize, the new consoles are real, the new joy cons are real, and you heard it here first, as usual

Post a pic. Probably easiest way to get people off your back. Or not. Lol

#4976 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4287 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:25 PM

Just a reminder for those that want vouchers I believe today is the last day

#4977 tonyvx  

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Just a reminder for those that want vouchers I believe today is the last day

Dang. I am tempted to grab some, but I just don't know any games coming out that are more worthwhile to have digitally. Pokemon I usually play through once and trade in, and Astral Chain is a bit of a gamble to commit to digitally.

#4978 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

So.. I’ve seen a few pre-orders for games drop to $49.94 on Amazon today (at least noticed them today)
Dragon Quest XI physical
https://www.amazon.c...on quest&sr=8-1

Was planning to get this digital with the voucher, now I may just go physical.

#4979 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:00 AM

Post a pic. Probably easiest way to get people off your back. Or not. Lol

You can barely see the ridges on the L and R but they are there msg-544981-0-18028700-1562981632.jpg i tried to get it on an oblique angel to see it but its very subtle, only really you can feel it by touch...try looking hard enough and you will see the ridges

#4980 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71170 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:07 AM

Streaming some Chasm on hard to celebrate the anniversary of its release last year and it's current sale (link).

Edit: Archive: