* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#6361 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:49 PM

I'm impressed by just how accurate Ring Fit Adventure is with picking up your movements.  You better believe I'm going to squat even lower to get that extra damage for good form.  I also liked that it altered the post-workout stretches based on what attacks I used more often than others.  It's an interesting set up.

As far as the workout experience goes, you're definitely doing actual exercises.  My arms are a little sore today.  I've got 5 moves unlocked at this point and most of them work out different muscles.  The only major complaint I have is the jogging - that can get a little touchy - but the leg lifts for running up stairs or in water definitely need you to raise your legs high.

I'm midway through world 2 and tend to play a minigame or two after finishing.  The game is fun enough to get me to work out my muscles which is something I normally loathe.  Worth it to me.

#6362 TortillaSoup   Strut B, Transformer Room CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TortillaSoup

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:07 PM

Are the majority of the workouts cardio or is there a good variety? I can't do a lot of jumping and such, as I live on the 2nd floor of my complex and the old man under us is insane.

#6363 MakMan333  

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:44 PM

Are the majority of the workouts cardio or is there a good variety? I can't do a lot of jumping and such, as I live on the 2nd floor of my complex and the old man under us is insane.

There's a pretty good variety of exercises and there's even a silent mode for people like you, in an apartment. 

#6364 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71087 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:08 AM

My Stream of Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands is live (link).

Edit: Archive will be up in a bit:

Enjoying this a good bit so far. It reminds me of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles as an exploration game with some light farming, crafting, and some survival elements to it that is chill and relaxing to play.

#6365 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7712 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:42 AM

I've been watching my son using that Ring Fit, and I can say from the sidelines it looks legit. I can't stand motion controls for almost anything, but my treadmill is current on the fritz, and I'm thinking of using this just to get some cardio in. So for me to even be considering using some shit like this should speak volumes, but I'll more than likely be fixing my treadmill, as this is still a last resort(as I hate motion controls). LOL

EDIT: Seriously, this does look like a good fitness product, especially for those who don't like working out, but likes playing video games. Like anything in life, you'll get out what you put in I'm sure, as the challenge is there if you want it.

#6366 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:10 AM

I've been watching my son using that Ring Fit, and I can say from the sidelines it looks legit. I can't stand motion controls for almost anything, but my treadmill is current on the fritz, and I'm thinking of using this just to get some cardio in. So for me to even be considering using some shit like this should speak volumes, but I'll more than likely be fixing my treadmill, as this is still a last resort(as I hate motion controls). LOL

EDIT: Seriously, this does look like a good fitness product, especially for those who don't like working out, but likes playing video games. Like anything in life, you'll get out what you put in I'm sure, as the challenge is there if you want it.

Can't wait to see the new generation of super ripped elementary school kids wearing bifocals and alergic to sunlight.

#6367 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6517 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:50 PM

Alright I’m going to bite. Anyone that can help with eShop codes from the Argentina site PM me.

#6368 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

For those of you enjoying Ring Fit, did you do any Wii Fit stuff in the past?  I played quite a bit of Wii Fit Plus years ago, but it never really seemed like I got much of a workout except for maybe the Rhythm Boxing game (which was my favorite).  It sounds like Ring Fit is better in that department, but I'd love to hear some first-hand comparisons.

#6369 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Asphalt 7... in wanting higher club rewards and being the main person driving the points in the Cag group since the new Season (week) started... I opted to check out some other clubs.  I ended up leaving our group and joined what was #10 The Vandals as they had one slot left open.   In a day, I'm near middle of the pack of point earnings for the club (Had to start back over at 0)... and we grew to #9.  At the end of the last round (aka the first round), they were ranked #3.   So, yeah, sorry for leaving... but I contributed about 2500 points to the club and unlocked a couple rewards almost on my own as of when I left.

I'm going to go ahead and get Ring Fit Adventure.  My wife mentioned the weather putting a dampener in our usual walk/run time and she suggested joining the gym.   I mentioned this game and that we could take turns using it during these down times.   Looking at a gym membership and being locked into a year or a one time $77 game (walmart price + taxes)... the game is the wiser choice.  Plus the game is almost like having a trainer pushing us past what we are comfortable doing... which I think will be good.  I've been working the last 30 weeks on losing weight and getting more fit... and though I managed over 18 miles last week (walk/run) and am down 35 pounds from where I started... I know this will have me working other muscles which should help me towards my target weight and fitness level (about 30 pounds to go).

#6370 Leostacks  

Leostacks

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

Asphalt 7... in wanting higher club rewards and being the main person driving the points in the Cag group since the new Season (week) started... I opted to check out some other clubs.  I ended up leaving our group and joined what was #10 The Vandals as they had one slot left open.   In a day, I'm near middle of the pack of point earnings for the club (Had to start back over at 0)... and we grew to #9.  At the end of the last round (aka the first round), they were ranked #3.   So, yeah, sorry for leaving... but I contributed about 2500 points to the club and unlocked a couple rewards almost on my own as of when I left.

I'm going to go ahead and get Ring Fit Adventure.  My wife mentioned the weather putting a dampener in our usual walk/run time and she suggested joining the gym.   I mentioned this game and that we could take turns using it during these down times.   Looking at a gym membership and being locked into a year or a one time $77 game (walmart price + taxes)... the game is the wiser choice.  Plus the game is almost like having a trainer pushing us past what we are comfortable doing... which I think will be good.  I've been working the last 30 weeks on losing weight and getting more fit... and though I managed over 18 miles last week (walk/run) and am down 35 pounds from where I started... I know this will have me working other muscles which should help me towards my target weight and fitness level (about 30 pounds to go).

Way to go! Just in case you do ever join the gym and get a little bored of ring fit, I've found that detaching the Joy Cons from the switch and resting it on the little nook of an elliptical machine makes it pretty easy to play while on the elliptical (although I'm of the opinion straight up walking is a better workout than the elliptical, but as long as my ankle is sprained, I can't flat out run). 

#6371 7String   7 string rules Silenced   492 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

I’m in thanks echo and helvetica

#6372 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

For those of you enjoying Ring Fit, did you do any Wii Fit stuff in the past?  I played quite a bit of Wii Fit Plus years ago, but it never really seemed like I got much of a workout except for maybe the Rhythm Boxing game (which was my favorite).  It sounds like Ring Fit is better in that department, but I'd love to hear some first-hand comparisons.

I only ever used Wii Fit U, and I mostly used that as a way to track progress.  I would occasionally do steps, but the jogging in that was pretty inaccurate.  It's much better with Ring Fit.

The other exercises in Wii Fit U were mostly avoided because I found them useless.  Ring Fit is a far superior solution in that regard.

#6373 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   944 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Ring Fit basically makes the old Wii fit look like a gimmick. I haven’t done Wii fit since the original Wii was popular, but it’s a night and day difference with the intensity. Ring fit is surprisingly accurate with its motion control and you almost can’t half ass the moves. When I do the high steps to climb stairs in the game I almost have to knee myself in the chest to keep a good pace.

#6374 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

Good to know!  Thanks to the both of you.

#6375 dualrec  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:36 PM

so, these physical releases with 12 month membership codes (mario maker 2) it's ot some promo for new members is it? 

Looking at buying it with GCU before mine expires for basically an $8 renewal.

#6376 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   651 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

If any one has an extra Obra Din PM me. I can paypal gift you.

Willing to do this as well. Would be willing to add a few extra bucks too. 

#6377 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   550 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

Looks like Obra was a price error. Up to $18 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6378 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   885 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

Looks like Obra was a price error. Up to $18 now

Looks like sonething changed, I don’t see it in the Colombia site at all.

#6379 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

Way to go! Just in case you do ever join the gym and get a little bored of ring fit, I've found that detaching the Joy Cons from the switch and resting it on the little nook of an elliptical machine makes it pretty easy to play while on the elliptical (although I'm of the opinion straight up walking is a better workout than the elliptical, but as long as my ankle is sprained, I can't flat out run). 

Thank you!  I have a stationary bike I can put in front of the tv.  Playing the switch with detached joycons is a good idea... I usually just use my pro controller.    I also have standalone free weights (10/20/35) as well as a barbell with about 200lbs of weights.   I've done the gym thing before, which realizing what I actually used it made more sense to buy equipment over paying the fee and end up not going.

I'm going to try and track down Ring Fit Adventure later today or tomorrow pending how today goes.  It's supposed to storm here later... but I was able to get 3 miles walking in during my lunch.  My goal would be to do Ring Fit in the morning before taking my shower and getting ready for work.

#6380 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

so, these physical releases with 12 month membership codes (mario maker 2) it's ot some promo for new members is it? 

Looking at buying it with GCU before mine expires for basically an $8 renewal.

It stacks. I did the same thing a couple months ago.

#6381 dualrec  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

It stacks. I did the same thing a couple months ago.

Thanks

#6382 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:21 PM

Still wondering if anyone who has redeemed the Obra Dinn code on their US account received any gold coins.

redeemed Vasara collection code (EU) region... aaaand no coins... maybe Nintendo will axe this benefit to equilibrate region free abuse...

#6383 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5476 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:10 AM

I know this is not deal related and not necessarily eShop related.....but Star Wars Pinball on the Switch is stupid fun.  I can't put it down.  :beer:

#6384 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:04 AM

So, thinking about grabbing the new Gotta Protectors on the Japan eshop. Isn't there a way to load currency with a 3ds or something? Via paypal?

#6385 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

Picked up Ring Fit Adventure this morning on my way to work.  Going to set it up tonight and test it out and then actually do it for real starting tomorrow morning.   I'll post some feedback as well.  The dude at Walmart that was working games mentioned he was thinking of getting it and considered it a good bargain for the price.   Anyway, saved my $11 ($10+saved tax) by going to Walmart.   Never in the past would I thought Walmart would be where I would go for new release games.

#6386 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:26 PM

Picked up Ring Fit Adventure this morning on my way to work.  Going to set it up tonight and test it out and then actually do it for real starting tomorrow morning.   I'll post some feedback as well.  The dude at Walmart that was working games mentioned he was thinking of getting it and considered it a good bargain for the price.   Anyway, saved my $11 ($10+saved tax) by going to Walmart.   Never in the past would I thought Walmart would be where I would go for new release games.

Walmart is the new Kmart circa 2010

#6387 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:58 PM

Walmart is the new Kmart circa 2010

If only it would become the new Kmart circa 2015.  The world would probably be a better place. 

#6388 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4185 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:09 PM

Torchlight 2 and Hob are 20% off

#6389 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

Torchlight 2 and Hob are 20% off

I had a good time going back through Torchlight 2 on the Switch.  When it and Diablo 3 came out around the same time, I thought Torchlight 2 was far superior.  In the 7 years since, things have changed.  Torchlight 2 is still a lot of fun, but it feels like a rougher experience now by comparison.  It's a testament to the amazing amount of work Blizzard put into their game.  Diablo 3's support was deep.  

#6390 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4846 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

Is Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment playable as stand alone dlc? I.e. is the original Shovel Knight required to play?