* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#12871 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:52 PM

Thank you Frisky!  We appreciate your hard work over the years! 

#12872 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 19 February 2021 - 08:56 PM

Skyward Sword has eight dungeons, and their some of the best the series has ever had. Wind Waker & Majora's Mask had half that. The overworld areas in SS are even their own little dungeons, in a way, that are filled with more puzzles and secrets than the typical large Zelda open world. This is a meaty game that's worth the price.

I look forward to Skyward Sword finally getting the respect it deserves now that the admittedly annoying motion controls are optional. Definitely my favorite Zelda game.

For me it's my least favorite Zelda. I agree with you on some of the dungeons but the game overall just ended up being pretty tedious, to the point where I dropped it and finished it much later.

#12873 Cheapskate McGee   Meme Man CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Cheapskate McGee

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:02 PM

if you're not on playing it at release, why not wait for a better discount?

To be honest, with it being a first party Nintendo game, that's probably going to be the best discount for a couple of years.

#12874 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:09 PM

Thank you for all of your hard work over the years Frisky! I was just thinking it may be time for you to retire from maintaining the eShop and PSN threads. Echoing the sentiments of others in asking that you don’t lock the thread. We’ll keep the party going. Take care and stay safe!

#12875 Triatacon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Triatacon

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for the years of work saving us all money while inundating our backlogs with cheap games we'll never get around to playing, Frisky. Hopefully you're not actually going away, only dropping the work part.

#12876 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4854 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:35 PM

Thank you Frisky, your contributions have been much appreciated over the years.  

#12877 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:58 PM

Thank you so much for all of your selfless work, Frisky! You're probably the main reason why I've gotten so many awesome games from the eShop (and started buying games digitally in the first place). You've introduced so many countless gems to us and literally have saved complete strangers thousands of dollars over the years. I know how draining this type of online research/work can be, so please take the time to look out for yourself. Stay sane, safe and happy, brotha. Thank you again for everything.

(and I agree with a few other posters: please keep the thread open. We'll keep it going for you).

#12878 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   958 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

Thank you Frisky for all your hard work. I can’t believe you put up with us as long as you have. Enjoy your extra time, rest, enjoy some games from your backlog, and make sure you stop by and recommend some games every once in a while.

#12879 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:38 PM

Thank you Frisky!  I agree with everyone's sentiments as well, take care.  :)

#12880 Mop_it_up   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Mop_it_up

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:29 PM

Thanks FriskyTanuki for updating the thread for so long, I appreciated it! I very rarely post, but I've checked this thread a lot, so wanted to say something.

#12881 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8525 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:06 AM

Thanks, Frisky.  I know from my short time posting deals in the Android thread about how much work goes into it, and you did a better job than I could have ever done, so I will say best of luck to you.

#12882 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7179 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:23 AM

Thank you Frisky! Hell of a run!

#12883 eXTechno   Techno CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

eXTechno

Posted 20 February 2021 - 12:23 AM

Frisky for CAG Hall of Fame

#12884 CheapAssPizza  

CheapAssPizza

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:13 AM

Skyward Sword has eight dungeons, and they're some of the best the series has ever had. Wind Waker & Majora's Mask had half that. The overworld areas in SS are even their own little dungeons, in a way, that are filled with more puzzles and secrets than the typical large Zelda open world. This is a meaty game that's worth the price.

I look forward to Skyward Sword finally getting the respect it deserves now that the admittedly annoying motion controls are optional. Definitely my favorite Zelda game.

It's my least favorite Zelda game of all time. Very linear, no overworld. A lot of backtracking. Just not very fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, why does everyone want to see remakes of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? They literally JUST remade those a few years ago on the Wii U. How about some Zelda games that have never been remade before? Particularly A Link to the Past. I've been waiting like 25 years for them to do a 3D remake, and people are crying about WW and TP remakes they just got a few years ago. People have been asking for a Zelda 2 remake for years. Or what about some Oracle remakes like they did Link's Awakening? That would also be new. Even the rumored Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks remakes would be ok because they haven't done those before, either.

#12885 kevlar51   eats babies CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:58 AM

Thank you for all of your hard work Frisky!

#12886 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:05 AM

A zelda 2 remake and a Lttp/Link between worlds combo pack would be most welcome.

#12887 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:07 AM

Thanks a lot for the effort all these years, Frisky. Your posts have been one of the most useful resources I’ve found, and I know for a fact maintaining lists like that requires a ton of time and effort, you truly deserve that rest.

Also, why does everyone want to see remakes of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? They literally JUST remade those a few years ago on the Wii U.

There’s the issue right there. It’s not like Wii Us were ever cheap and plentiful nowadays if you missed them, and Nintendo is still digging up any Wii U exclusive that may make some impact anyway, they may as well port these over too.

#12888 chellotte8  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:10 AM

Thanks Frisky!

#12889 Jeremoog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:15 AM

Thanks Frisky. Your updates and efforts are incredibly appreciated. It was a little highlight of my day to check out what the new deals were. Take care of yourself, Fair winds and following seas.

#12890 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:55 AM

Thank you, Frisky! I haven't been a member on here for long, but I lurked for years, and your lists were always an easy and well-organized way to quickly see what was on sale. You're a very helpful, patient, and kind dude and we all appreciate you!

#12891 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1413 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:19 AM

As of today, I'm done running deal threads here for the PSN and eShop deals. It's been a great run, but this pandemic has made trying to keep up with these deals more of a drain on my mental health as I gave up too much of my free time to try to get them done the best way I could. I have to do what's best for me and move on to things that bring me more joy and creative fulfillment. These days, Deku Deals and PSN Prices do a better job of keeping up with this stuff than I can ever do, so I'll let somebody else take over these threads and wish them all the best. I'll lock this thread on Sunday so whoever wants to take over can start their own thread.

I appreciate all of the support over the years for the various things I've shared and wish you all the best in these tough times.

Just wanted to say that I always used this topic first to look at deals. Thanks for all your efforts!

#12892 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:56 AM

A zelda 2 remake and a Lttp/Link between worlds combo pack would be most welcome.

Agreed!  Would love to see Zelda 2 remade with care.  I have always enjoyed 2d games like this and Castlevania/Metroid games on GBA/DS.

#12893 zanderlex  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for all the work you've done. I've been checking the thread at least once a day for around a year.

I have enough free time to take over eshop to a smaller extent for at least a couple months along with a couple ideas that I've been slowly working on like a shared document with lowest prices.

#12894 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:07 AM

As of today, I'm done running deal threads here for the PSN and eShop deals. It's been a great run, but this pandemic has made trying to keep up with these deals more of a drain on my mental health as I gave up too much of my free time to try to get them done the best way I could. I have to do what's best for me and move on to things that bring me more joy and creative fulfillment. These days, Deku Deals and PSN Prices do a better job of keeping up with this stuff than I can ever do, so I'll let somebody else take over these threads and wish them all the best. I'll lock this thread on Sunday so whoever wants to take over can start their own thread.

I appreciate all of the support over the years for the various things I've shared and wish you all the best in these tough times.

You were, and are, the best, Frisky.

Thanks for everything, and may you find replacement activities that are as good for your mental health as these threads were draining.

#12895 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 20 February 2021 - 07:01 AM

I actually didn't know about that Deku site so thanks frisky for that mention and all you've done here. Was able to grab FFX/X2 new at Walmart for $20

#12896 The Hawk   Rated R Superstar CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

The Hawk

Posted 20 February 2021 - 08:02 AM

Thank you Frisky for all you have done on these threads even when you weren't as appreciated as you deserved to be. I don't post a lot but I come on these threads regularly and your lists of deals and sales have helped me so much. Hope you find stuff that makes you happy to fill up your free time. 

#12897 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   736 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 20 February 2021 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for everything, Frisky. I for one was unaware that posting those deal links was that big a chore and just thought there was a program that copied/ pasted them with a few keystrokes but hearing from others here I guess I was wrong. Hope you’ll still be sticking around to chime in from time to time and helping whoever takes over to get started.

#12898 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15301 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:55 PM

Does anyone have any Nintendo Cold Stone Creamery codes? Looking to redeem them on My Nintendo to be eligible for the next pin set. The nearest one to me is an hour away. Please PM me if you have one and we can work out a trade.

#12899 tonyvx  

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:05 PM

to be eligible for the next pin set

... I'm sorry, what? There's a NEXT pin set???

#12900 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 February 2021 - 03:59 PM

Wow they actually added another mission for the pin set. I've been stuck at 14/15. So now I can get to 15 with the animal crossing event in March. Have the 2nd set of pins been claimed already?