* * * * - 10 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/13: E3 Sale! $3 NBA 2K19, $4 Crypt of the NecroDancer, $40 Nintendo Games, & More!

#4261 dualrec  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Finally tried raise.com for some eshop credit.  Good deal. 28 out of pocket for 35 gamestop to use on eshop credit.

#4262 elessar123  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Just looked it up and Japan had the Mana collection on sale in May for 50% off. $20 seems like the right price, so as much as I want to finally play the third one, I think I'll just wait for a sale or get it physical.

Note that they're also remaking the third game, if that's the main draw for you.

The original Seiken Densetsu 3, although very neat with its three paths, has a major flaw, imo. Your characters get stunlocked frequently and die from it. You know how you can stunlock by chain casting enemies in SoM? Enemies do that to you with physical hits in this one.

Every encounter in this one is like the SoM tiger boss fight.

#4263 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Note that they're also remaking the third game, if that's the main draw for you.

The original Seiken Densetsu 3, although very neat with its three paths, has a major flaw, imo. Your characters get stunlocked frequently and die from it. You know how you can stunlock by chain casting enemies in SoM? Enemies do that to you with physical hits in this one.

Every encounter in this one is like the SoM tiger boss fight.

I honestly never noticed it being much of an issue in any of my playthroughs; you just need to pay attention to distance.

As for the remake, after the 3D remakes of the first two Mana games, I’ll pass.

#4264 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

I liked the little flail girl who was probably my favorite character. Started off relatively weak but her later classes make bosses a joke (especially if you go the one with curse....that thing was OP). I will play both, but after seeing the Mana Collection on stream, I'll wait till August. It's a great game, but I've beaten it a few times already. I really don't want to pay $40 two times.

#4265 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1770 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:44 PM

What's strange is that Seiken Densetsu 3, the one that hasn't been released here, is the only one I've played.  Haven't touched it in years but still recall the spear wielding amazoness to be my go-to.  Don't remember stun-lock being a problem.

I look forward to the collection.  Makes me regret buying Adventures on vita and Secret of mana on ps4

#4266 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68748 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:08 PM

Humble Bundle has many of the games in the E3 sale at the same prices on their site:

https://www.humblebu...ntendo-e3-sale/

#4267 dok5555555  

dok5555555

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:32 PM

I want to get NBA 2K19, but it says I need 5GB available on the system memory.  I have more than enough from my sd card but only 1GB on the system.  I see that some of my games have been downlaoded to the system instead of the memory card.  Is there anyway to copy games from the system to the memory card or do I just have to delete them?  Even if I do that, how do I ensure it downloads to the memory card and not the system when I redownload them? 

#4268 Mop_it_up   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Mop_it_up

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:56 PM

I want to get NBA 2K19, but it says I need 5GB available on the system memory.  I have more than enough from my sd card but only 1GB on the system.  I see that some of my games have been downlaoded to the system instead of the memory card.  Is there anyway to copy games from the system to the memory card or do I just have to delete them?  Even if I do that, how do I ensure it downloads to the memory card and not the system when I redownload them? 

Nope, no way to copy, you'll have to delete and redownload them. When you download a game with an SD card inserted in the system, it will automatically download to the SD card.

#4269 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:32 PM

Man, am I the only one still waiting for a Super Bomberman R digital sale?

It has been out since the freaking Switch launch and was overpriced I felt like then. I figured surely it would drop and of course physically it has but the most it has gone down digitally is just to $30 which to me is still too much. I feel like I will never be able to get it for under $20 at this rate : /

I know you mentioned digital, but the game is currently on sale for $9.99 at Target (physical copy, obviously).  Earlier this week, it was OOS for shipping, but I was still able to pick one up locally (YMMV). 

I (personally) wouldn't spend even $10 on the game as it sounds like it has plenty of issues.  However, at this price, it's a slam dunk for my kids and local multiplayer.  I can envision lots of other less-productive ways to get $10 in entertainment value. 

#4270 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2439 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

Anyone play both Dead Cells and The Messenger?  Are they different enough to justify buying both?  If I was to only get one, it would be The Messenger, due to the fact that Dead Cells will surely drop in price at some point

#4271 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9310 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

I think The Messenger plays similar to Ninja Gaiden games, while Dead Cells is a fast packed action rogue like game. I'd highly recommend Dead Cells since it plays very well on Switch and is a great game. It's very hard at times though.

#4272 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:30 AM

I think The Messenger plays similar to Ninja Gaiden games, while Dead Cells is a fast packed action rogue like game. I'd highly recommend Dead Cells since it plays very well on Switch and is a great game. It's very hard at times though.

I just beat dead cells this past weekend on normal mode. Very happy with the game, and still playing.

#4273 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2811 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

Anyone play both Dead Cells and The Messenger? Are they different enough to justify buying both? If I was to only get one, it would be The Messenger, due to the fact that Dead Cells will surely drop in price at some point

Definitely different enough to justify both. The messenger is Metroid/Castlevania style game with a fun story and interesting characters. Dead cells is a rogue lite/procedurally generated type game where you try to beat the game in a single run but gain new abilities to help you on the next run if you die. Both great, highly recommend both.

#4274 Evacuator   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Evacuator

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:42 AM

Super Bomberman R is great!!!!

Konami has supported it like crazy since it's release!

I play it on Switch and Xbox and find matches most of the time!

#4275 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3389 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:59 PM

Anyone play both Dead Cells and The Messenger?  Are they different enough to justify buying both?  If I was to only get one, it would be The Messenger, due to the fact that Dead Cells will surely drop in price at some point

I have played both and I would recommend Dead Cells over the Messenger.

Both games are good but Dead Cells is a really great game. Once of my favorite releases in the last few years.

The combat is excellent, unlocking new weapons is fun. Finding all the abilities is a nice challenge. I think the game play loop is excellent.

I am still working my way through the Messenger. It is a good 2D action platformer but It didn't hook me like Dead Cells.

I've played the messenger for about six hours and I'm about halfway done with the game. Once I finish it I will probably not play it again. I've put 50-75 hours into Dead Cells on both Switch and Xbox One and there is still more to do and unlock and I still play it often.

#4276 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, fangamer is allowing people that purchased (like me) to exchange out on the 2nd run. The DLCs have been free but the last one released last year well before the physical was even announced.  Here is the full response:

As you’ve noticed, a slightly older copy of Hollow Knight was printed to the first batch of Nintendo Switch game cards due to a logistical error. While the game is fully playable and includes 3 of the 4 DLCs, a free 1.7GB update must be downloaded to access the 4th DLC pack, “Godmaster”. We’re sorry for the disappointment.

The next print run of the game will have the 4th DLC included on the card itself. We cannot yet say for sure when this batch of games will be available, though we anticipate sometime around August.

•If you bought from Fangamer and would like to return your copy, we can offer you a full refund. Alternately, if you’d like to exchange for one of the updated game cards, please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.

• If you bought your game from a North American retailer, you can hang on to the game and your receipt; in the future we will offer the ability to exchange a copy for one with the patch included. Please let us know and we’ll send you a one-time email notification when the new cards are available for exchange.

• If you have preordered your game from a European retailer, you can cancel your preorder (as the game is not yet released) and wait for the next run of games to hit shelves.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

I just reached out to Fangamer on this, since this is the first I've heard of it, and I'm not entirely thrilled with their response.  Apparently if I want to have my copy exchanged to receive what was originally advertised, I'm responsible for paying to ship the game back to them to cover their error.  I also have to sacrifice the first edition cover, as I'll only receive the standard edition in return.  Lame.

#4277 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12350 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

Sushi Striker (Switch) is starting to get very cheap physically.  NewEgg had it for $9.99 after coupon code today and a bunch of third party sellers have it for $15 to $20 on Amazon new.  I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the first Switch title to make an appearance at Five Below.

#4278 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Sushi Striker (Switch) is starting to get very cheap physically.  NewEgg had it for $9.99 after coupon code today and a bunch of third party sellers have it for $15 to $20 on Amazon new.  I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the first Switch title to make an appearance at Five Below.

Gonna keep Starfox company. "DO A SUSHI ROLL!"

#4279 ritchardf  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

kind of an off topic question, but were the pokemon games and dragon quest builders 2 on the list for the game voucher when it first started? trying to figure out how often they are adding games to the list, but seems like if they were from the start, i would have already bought it since its literally the games my kids are asking about all the time.

#4280 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

kind of an off topic question, but were the pokemon games and dragon quest builders 2 on the list for the game voucher when it first started? trying to figure out how often they are adding games to the list, but seems like if they were from the start, i would have already bought it since its literally the games my kids are asking about all the time.

Nope. They are adding games. It is best to wait until the last moment to buy/spend these vouchers.

#4281 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2777 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

Since AC got delayed into March, thinking about just getting Smash with my voucher. Although I barely play Smash, I feel like it's one of those games that you'll always hang onto and want to boot up digitally instead of swapping carts. Plus, my physical copy will always hold its value so I can wait for a trade-in promo.

#4282 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Finally tried raise.com for some eshop credit.  Good deal. 28 out of pocket for 35 gamestop to use on eshop credit.

Don't the Eshop cards have more of a discount? Eshop is 9 to 9.9% off. Gamestop only goes up to 7% if you look at the $60 cards.

#4283 ritchardf  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

i got an email from facebook marketplace for $10 off $35 eshop card when you use paypal, might be worth checking out spam folders to see if this was sent out in mass. it was also good on uber and bed bath & beyond.

title of email was "Get $10 off on select Paypal gift cards"

Offer expires 06/19/2019. Valid only with purchase of advertised branded gift cards for addressees of original sender who must activate offer by clicking ‘Apply Discount’.  Limit 1 offer/person, while supplies last. Use of gift cards subject to issuer terms and conditions.

They also had a $60 gamestop gift card for $50 so $95 eshop for $75 total, already got my gift cards in email about a half hour after ordering.

#4284 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

Don't the Eshop cards have more of a discount? Eshop is 9 to 9.9% off. Gamestop only goes up to 7% if you look at the $60 cards.

You get PUR points at gamestop when purchasing eShop funds with gift cards. So that is 3% for Elite Pro and 2% for Pro back in rewards. 

#4285 dualrec  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:25 PM

Normally, but the exact few minutes I was shopping they wouldn't come up, and it was trivial amount on the small purchase.

#4286 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:32 PM

You get PUR points at gamestop when purchasing eShop funds with gift cards. So that is 3% for Elite Pro and 2% for Pro back in rewards.

Normally, but the exact few minutes I was shopping they wouldn't come up, and it was trivial amount on the small purchase.

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing a deal when I go to use the voucher I bought from Groupon (no longer available).

And I completely understand about searching their site. The more you click around the more it shows you full price gift cards. Confusing :???:

#4287 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

I also bought 2k with no knowledge of the memory issue. Apparently I’m full up on both and need an upgrade. Are y’all paying roughly $42 for 256gb?

#4288 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

I also bought 2k with no knowledge of the memory issue. Apparently I’m full up on both and need an upgrade. Are y’all paying roughly $42 for 256gb?

I bought a 400gb card a while back for $60. I also bought 2k having never played a sports game... and it is not staying on my Switch for long.

#4289 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1179 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Pinball Arcade is delisting the AC/DC Pinball table at the end of the month, so they have a 50% off:

-the individual AC/DC Pinball table ($4.99)
-Stern Pack 1 ($9.99)

for both Pinball Arcade and Stern Pinball Arcade. Sale ends June 30th.
—-
Also, Amazon has price matched a bunch of the current Switch (https://t.co/RNlDu4ro4D) and 3DS (https://t.co/1MSZS4vwEK) titles on sale.

Didn't see that, thanks. They've lost so many tables recently :-(

I wonder if Pinball FX will pick up this license too.

There is a physical version of Stern Pinball Arcade for switch. After June 30th it will be the only way to get the AC/DC table. Best price seems to be ebay where sellers have it for around $20. Gamestop has it used for $19.99. Roughly the same price as buying both packs digital when they're on sale.

#4290 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2811 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:56 PM

i got an email from facebook marketplace for $10 off $35 eshop card when you use paypal, might be worth checking out spam folders to see if this was sent out in mass. it was also good on uber and bed bath & beyond.

title of email was "Get $10 off on select Paypal gift cards"

Offer expires 06/19/2019. Valid only with purchase of advertised branded gift cards for addressees of original sender who must activate offer by clicking ‘Apply Discount’. Limit 1 offer/person, while supplies last. Use of gift cards subject to issuer terms and conditions.

They also had a $60 gamestop gift card for $50 so $95 eshop for $75 total, already got my gift cards in email about a half hour after ordering.

Link to the $35 eShop card?