* * * * - 10 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 6/20: $9 Adventure Pals, $9 Crawl, $1.34 DDMR, $7 Fairune Collection, $2 Kamiko, $7.49 Mr Shifty, & More!

#3481 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:05 AM

Just picked up Sega Ages’s Sonic the Hedgehog on a whim... I’ve always been a Sonic 2 guy, but wow with the addition of spin dash and drop dash to Sonic 1 it feels like a whole new game. M2 is doing great things with Sega Ages. Now I’m thinking Out Run might be next on my list.

#3482 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Just picked up Sega Ages’s Sonic the Hedgehog on a whim... I’ve always been a Sonic 2 guy, but wow with the addition of spin dash and drop dash to Sonic 1 it feels like a whole new game. M2 is doing great things with Sega Ages. Now I’m thinking Out Run might be next on my list.

I just bought both of these from the Mexican Eshop for $3.70 each. They are great!

#3483 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2608 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:35 AM

Cat Quest is $3.71 on Mex shop also.

#3484 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:32 AM

Cat Quest is well worth it and enjoyable. Couldn’t put it down when I bought it before on the switch.

#3485 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:41 AM

Is there anything in Sega Ages to recommend those over the 3D Classics versions on 3DS, anyone know?

#3486 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

I pre-ordered a Sega Genesis Mini almost entirely because M2 is involved now.  It went from "no way" when atGames was doing it to "Hell yeah" for M2.  Their 3DS conversions are fantastic, I love the stuff they add to the games like new levels, etc..

#3487 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2647 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

Does Outrun (Switch) have any options for black borders or to stretch the screen to fit?  My switch dock is connected to a plasma tv and the borders the pics show would end up burned into the screen.

Anyone play Startide?  I played a game ages ago on ios that was pretty similar themed and enjoyed it.. just wondering if this is worth the $1.

Ended up buying:

1979 Revolution Black Friday -- I'm interested in the story and really like the presentation

The Mahjong Huntress -- I enjoy mahjong and for a buck before gold coins it seemed worth the gamble

Sabatour! -- Watched a video of it and though I didn't play the original back in the day, I think I'll enjoy it.. the soundtrack is great

#3488 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

Sabatour! -- Watched a video of it and though I didn't play the original back in the day, I think I'll enjoy it.. the soundtrack is great

I bought that game and sadly couldn't get past the first screen. I didn't try very hard though. 

#3489 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Does Outrun (Switch) have any options for black borders or to stretch the screen to fit?  My switch dock is connected to a plasma tv and the borders the pics show would end up burned into the screen.

You’re in luck, as M2 are masters of emulation! There are two versions of the game available, “OLD” and “NEW”, and the following display settings were available in both. You can do display mode “Arcade”, which gives you a 4:3 original ratio, or “Widescreen”, which gives you a windowed 16:9 ratio, though it’s not stretching the pixels, it’s just giving you a wider field of view to the right and left of the screen. With those display modes, you have at least 15 different wallpapers to choose from, including “None”, which gives you a black background. You also have a 3rd display mode, called “Full”, which at least on my 16:9 monitor expands the game screen to fill the entire monitor, leaving no wallpaper background visible. It’s just a magnification of the “Widescreen” display mode, so you still aren’t stretching pixels with this.

Hope all that helps! It’s a really great port!

#3490 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7074 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

You’re in luck, as M2 are masters of emulation! There are two versions of the game available, “OLD” and “NEW”, and the following display settings were available in both. You can do display mode “Arcade”, which gives you a 4:3 original ratio, or “Widescreen”, which gives you a windowed 16:9 ratio, though it’s not stretching the pixels, it’s just giving you a wider field of view to the right and left of the screen. With those display modes, you have at least 15 different wallpapers to choose from, including “None”, which gives you a black background. You also have a 3rd display mode, called “Full”, which at least on my 16:9 monitor expands the game screen to fill the entire monitor, leaving no wallpaper background visible. It’s just a magnification of the “Widescreen” display mode, so you still aren’t stretching pixels with this.

Yeah, M2  Fuck ing ROCKS!

#3491 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:45 PM

With retro titles, wouldn't it still be a problem since any static content can cause burn-in. Text like "score", "lives", etc that is always on screen? I know this was an issue with playing nes/snes/sega on rear projection TVs.

#3492 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

With retro titles, wouldn't it still be a problem since any static content can cause burn-in. Text like "score", "lives", etc that is always on screen? I know this was an issue with playing nes/snes/sega on rear projection TVs.

Not just retro titles, but any games ever made that don’t allow for a no-hud option in the settings.

#3493 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

I'll likely do the same. I really wish they'd contract out to Sumo Digital to get Outrun 2006 CtC ported with some network updates for today. That I'd rebuy physically at full price.

I had the exact same thought.

#3494 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2647 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:06 PM

Yes, that's 100% helpful as it completely answered my Q's about the game.  THANK YOU! :bow:

Sure, that's a concern as well, but usually on a short game there are transitions between levels and such that have content changing.  It's only fixed border images that are a real issue.   Same for watching tv, usually the station identification stuff during the news that is fixed doesn't get a chance to burn in as commercial transitions change things up enough to be non issues.  Also most regular shows that have network id's... the icons usually disappear after a minute.   Seems like the worst stuff that's been watched is maybe my wife watching CNN.  Thankfully nothing on my plasma that has burned in was permanent, but it's still quite annoying when it does happen.

Ultimately the tv was free from a person I did some computer work for (as he upgraded for better sound... he's elderly and hard of hearing) and while it's not what I would normally buy it's been an excellent set otherwise with a pretty fantastic picture.  When it dies I'll upgrade to something non-plasma that doesn't have these issues.  I just don't want to buy something till I legit need it.

#3495 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68782 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

Anyone play Startide?  I played a game ages ago on ios that was pretty similar themed and enjoyed it.. just wondering if this is worth the $1.

It's the third to last game in the video I posted earlier of a bunch of the current games on sale for $0.99 and below. It's okay, but the menus are not good and some of the objectives aren't clear about what you need to do. The actual gameplay is fine for what it is.

#3496 Smkane112  

Smkane112

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

This stupid huge sale had better be real tomorrow, otherwise I'll have returned Diablo III to gamestop for nothing.

Diablo is sale for $39.59 on the eshop

#3497 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2647 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

It's the third to last game in the video I posted earlier of a bunch of the current games on sale for $0.99 and below. It's okay, but the menus are not good and some of the objectives aren't clear about what you need to do. The actual gameplay is fine for what it is.

Thanks.  I'll give the video a watch.

#3498 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7074 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

Did anyone get Labo VR today, or anyone in your house? My sons doing his now, but it will probably take several days if not the week for him to put it all together. I'll for sure report back once he does and leave some impressions. Most reviews have been pretty favorable, and so long as expectations are kept in check, some might be surprised by whats offered.

#3499 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4287 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone get Labo VR today, or anyone in your house? My sons doing his now, but it will probably take several days if not the week for him to put it all together. I'll for sure report back once he does and leave some impressions. Most reviews have been pretty favorable, and so long as expectations are kept in check, some might be surprised by whats offered.

I picked up the $40 kit because the $80 one isn't in stock anywhere near me. Planning on putting it together now.

#3500 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7074 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

I picked up the $40 kit because the $80 one isn't in stock anywhere near me. Planning on putting it together now.

Yeah, some of the online reviews who had to get their own, had the same issues. So it seems they may have under produced these, or retailers just ordered low, so as to not get stuck with to much inventory. Gamestop seems to have it online, but most local stores are sold out. Glad Amazon didn't screw up my sons order, as it would be a minute before I could have replaced it.

My son just completed the goggles and I tried them out in the base head moving program and the effect isn't bad, but the screen resolution is almost unwatchable, as it's very, very blurry. My son is singing it's praises at the moment, so he's happy. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other stuff, as what I tried so far was the most basic of offerings thus far.

#3501 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68782 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

The new deals for today:

:switch:

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/26

Ben 10 - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/26

The Bug Butcher - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/22

Crayola Scoot - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/26

Deployment - $6.49 - 35% Off - Ends 4/18

Diablo III: Eternal Collection - $39.59 - 35% Off - Ends 4/22

Dimension Drive - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Doodle God: Evolution - $4.89 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

Dream Alone - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/28

DreamWorks Dragons Dawn of New Riders - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/26

Exorder - $4.99 - 62% Off - Ends 4/28

Hotel Transylvania 3 Monsters Overboard - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/26

PAW Patrol: On a Roll! - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/26

Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs Royal Edition - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/21

Road Redemption - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/22

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - $8.00 - 10% Off - Ends 4/19

#3502 otogigamer  

otogigamer

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:20 AM

What a load of crap The US Eshop never has any good sales. compared to EU E shop. This is the second time this year that they get Zelda, mario odysee and other year 1 titles placed on sale.

#3503 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

Looks like Target will have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for $20! Pretty sure that will sell extremely fast...

#3504 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Looks like Target will have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for $20! Pretty sure that will sell extremely fast...

http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

#3505 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

I missed the news on this... is this in the weekly ad starting tomorrow (Sunday), or some other pre-announced deal?

#3506 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

I missed the news on this... is this in the weekly ad starting tomorrow (Sunday), or some other pre-announced deal?

Weekly ad

https://twitter.com/...2740919296?s=21

#3507 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:30 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

Mercenaries Saga Chronicles - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 5/1

I've been waiting for this to go on sale for 10 digital or 20 physical.  Guess that copy at my local best buy will never sell now.

#3508 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

When I look up preview ads for this up coming week, i don't see that page anywhere

#3509 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:50 AM

http://help.target.c...er rain checks?

I always forget that. I get paid Thursday so I'll probably need to grab a rain check.

#3510 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

Well it's now Sunday. 1am Eastern.  The price hasn't budged on Xenoblade. When will it go live?