* * * * * 4 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 7/19: 3DS/Wii U Capcom Sale, $7.49 Enter the Gungeon, $3.49 Mom Hid My Game, & More!

#361 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67237 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

I got the Super Nintendo New 3DS XL during Amazon's Prime Days sale, which comes with a code for Super Mario Kart. I don't want it, so I'm going to give it away. I guess people should like this post by Noon ET tomorrow and I'll pick a lucky winner.

Reminder: It's only playable on New 3DS/XL and the 2DS XL, so keep that in mind.

#362 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted Yesterday, 01:28 PM

I got the Super Nintendo New 3DS XL during Amazon's Prime Days sale, which comes with a code for Super Mario Kart. I don't want it, so I'm going to give it away. I guess people should like this post by Noon ET tomorrow and I'll pick a lucky winner.

Reminder: It's only playable on New 3DS XL and the 2DS XL, so keep that in mind.

Huh, not on a regular New 3DS?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#363 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6291 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Huh, not on a regular New 3DS?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's good on any of the "new" units, as those are the only ones that play SNES games.

Wow, $150 during Prime day uh? That wasn't a bad deal for sure, but of course people interested needed Prime, which I'll assume not all had. I wish NoA had brought the Super Famicom/EU version to the states, as the SNES is my favorite system of all time. But the US system while able to play the same games, is probably my least favorite "N" has ever offered in the looks department.

#364 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother CAG Veteran   283 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

And prior to the switch the complaint was nintendo wouldnt put many games in the store from 3rd parties..

All they are doing (nintendo/steam/apple/android/sony/etc) are giving people the ability to put their game out there for the masses to see.

I agree. Not trying to imply they are being nefarious as Steam has been accused of. I just think it's a poor business practice. There needs to be a middle ground, which would involve a healthy amount of curationNintendo has historically done a great job with this, then stopped halfway through the 3ds's life when they started putting horrible fodder on the eshop. I'm always up for new and inventive games, but since Nintendo obviously knows what the difference between a good and bad game is, they need to be more involved and more picky.

If you were looking for a tent in Wal-mart and there were literally hundreds of brands ranging from Coleman all the way down to every garage-dwelling small business, customers would have a more stressful time figuring out the best options. The bubble would grow, sales and consumer confidence falls, and some of even the best tent makers would go out of business. This is where Wal-mart comes in as a buyer-curator to ease the process. A little market research should be done before selling to customers. Nintendo does not seem very interested in this in regards to the eShop, and that's disappointing. 

That's how it's come to having Astro Bears headlining every sale. It's gross and reminds me of the Apple app store from 5 years ago (idk what it's like today)

#365 smallsharkbigbite   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

smallsharkbigbite

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

I don't really get the hate on steam.  More games and cheaper prices is a big win for consumers.  Is it more difficult to find all the good games because of the crap?  Sure.  But you ignoring that steam was the platform that allowed these indie games to flourish so they could bring higher quantity and higher quality games.  If it's too stressful to spend a little time researching games and watching youtube videos than maybe you need a new hobby.  Nintendo never did a quality check on the games anyways.  Really good games like Axiom Verge took forever to get approved on the Switch while bad games got right through.

Reality though is that's just the way the market works.  In a growing market, there are generally fewer options and there is more individual visibility and people can make money easier.  That easy money invites competition and more vendors bring products to the market.  At some point the growth stops, prices go down, and some of the competitors can't make it because that easy money is gone.  Then the market goes through a period of rightsizing until it hits the right balance of people supplying games matches the amount of money from consumers in that market.  

I'm always up for new and inventive games, but since Nintendo obviously knows what the difference between a good and bad game is, they need to be more involved and more picky.

Okay, so your idea is Nintendo picks and chooses the bad and good games, choosing your games for you.  Well that takes time and money for Nintendo to staff a unit devoted to picking the good games.  What would you be willing to pay for such a service?  Would you pay a $50 a year subscription for Nintendo to limit your choice?  Do you think all the Switch owners would be cool with that because it's really an all or nothing program since the game won't be available to the other consumers?  Do you think that maybe the developers/publishers that are successful will say screw that I'm just not going to try to get games on the Switch because people know I make good games and the PC/other consoles will support me?  

#366 smallsharkbigbite   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

smallsharkbigbite

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

It was $149.99 during Prime Day.

Nice buy.  I couldn't justify another 3DS, but I was tempted to grab that.  Still wondering if I made the right decision to pass.  

#367 Jello1996   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Jello1996

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

Bought Mega Man Legacy on 3DS even though I already have it on PS4 via Humble Bundle and Xbox One via Game Pass.  

#368 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67237 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Nice buy.  I couldn't justify another 3DS, but I was tempted to grab that.  Still wondering if I made the right decision to pass.  

My previous New 3DS XL had malfunctioning shoulder buttons, which made Metroid: Samus Returns a lot harder to play.