* * * * - 17 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 7/30: DBZ & Two Tribes Sales! $8 Chasm, $15 Darkest Dungeon, $16.74 Panzer Dragoon Remake, & More!

#6631 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2083 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:11 AM

Tales of Vesperia dropped to $19.99 on Amazon

https://www.dekudeal...initive-edition

Damn I missed it

#6632 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:44 PM

Damn I missed it

Yeah I see that it was only down to $20 for like 30 minutes lol

I bet someone got Amazon to PM with the PS4 version. 

Spoiler

#6633 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:04 PM

Hellblade on mexico eshop is a round $7

#6634 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:06 PM

Just waiting for that Black Friday eShop sale...

#6635 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:33 PM

Anyone have a switch lite case they like? I bought the official Nintendo one but it feels too soft and cheap with not enough depth to it.

#6636 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3579 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Anyone have a switch lite case they like? I bought the official Nintendo one but it feels too soft and cheap with not enough depth to it.

This is the case I bought and I really like it. I researched a bunch before I finally picked a case out.

PowerA Protection Case Kit for Switch Lite

Decent hard shell, the switch lite fits it tight and it looks nice and clean.

Storage of six games, the game storage area is nice felt like material that keeps the screen from getting scratched and it has a little Velcro flap to keep the switch locked in tight. The upper area of the case has a small zipper pouch. Comes with a nice cleaning cloth and a screen protector. I did not use the screen protector so I'm not sure if it is any good,

Switch Lite Case Closed.jpg

Switch Lite Case Opened.jpg

#6637 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70168 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:03 PM

That'll happen Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday based on previous years.

#6638 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:32 PM

I feel like maybe when I get back to enjoying metroidvanias I should play Hollow Knight.  I've been kind of tired of the genre lately.

Side note, I'm doing a 30 day free trial of prime and just checked my account to see when it was going to expire (gotta buy some christmas gifts for my kids) and they offered me another free 30 days.   It's like they don't want me to pay for the service as that means I'm good till right before Christmas now and the pressure is off to finish shopping in the next couple days.   Just a heads up for anyone else on a free trial... check your account (I checked mine through firefox on my pc... sometimes stuff like that matters).

Yeah, my last "30 Day" trial lasted 4 months before they stopped offering extensions

#6639 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:39 PM

Hellblade on mexico eshop is a round $7

You still can't switch regions if you have an account balance, correct? $7 seems like a good price.

#6640 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3119 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:45 PM

For those of you with both a switch and a lite.. you still only need the basic switch online and not the family right?
But can only use 1 at a time online, one as primary and the other secondary.

#6641 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1813 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

You still can't switch regions if you have an account balance, correct? $7 seems like a good price.

Thats correct.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#6642 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3236 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, my last "30 Day" trial lasted 4 months before they stopped offering extensions

Well that would be nice... though after Christmas my shopping goes back down enough that I can deal with the free shipping speed on purchases that meet the minimum requirement.  So either way is cool.  I'd mainly use it for the prime music on my phone anyway.

#6643 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 02:21 AM

I'm still really enjoying this game. It's a good Zelda-ish roguelite with a lot of unique elements of its own.

Were you a fan of Dead Cells?  I was a HUGE fan of Dead Cells and that was really my frist rogue type game I had ever even played. 

Sparklite really peaks my interest but I don't now it's hard to tell if I will like it or not.  I love isometric Zelda games but it is just very hard to tell from videos of Sparklite what it is actually like.  

I'm flying tomorrow and debating picking it up to play on my flights.  I already picked up The Messenger today which I almost got 3 days ago for $20, and glad I held off.  But I am also tempted to maybe get Sparklite to also have to play but just really unsure about it.

If you liked Dead Cells, how does this compare to it?  And on the flipside, if you did NOT like Dead Cells, how does it compare to it?

#6644 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4249 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:16 AM

I ventured into Walmart to get that 49.94 Pokémon Shield. Saving it for my son for Christmas. I was reminded why I like shopping online, lol.

#6645 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7883 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

I gotta say that I love the Switch now even though I just bought one.  The extremely cheap indies make me not even care that the first-party Nintendo games are outside of my price range.  $30 in eShop cards can go a long way if you're patient.  I played the game Pool that I bought for $1.99 for two hours last night.  That might not seem like a lot of time, but it was for a guy who works a lot of overtime.  I almost fell asleep.

#6646 Bercelak   Guardians Volume 3!!!! CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:41 PM

Nintendo e-shop noob here....

I have two questions...or 3.

1) E-shop wallet is maxed at $200 only? 

2) Games on E-shop will be discounted during black friday? 

3) Will I be able to get online via PC, and buy games on e-shop when I'm out of town? (buy mario kart online while at beach, then get home to download it on switch for example)

-B

#6647 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7559 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:53 PM

I gotta say that I love the Switch now even though I just bought one.  The extremely cheap indies make me not even care that the first-party Nintendo games are outside of my price range.  $30 in eShop cards can go a long way if you're patient.  I played the game Pool that I bought for $1.99 for two hours last night.  That might not seem like a lot of time, but it was for a guy who works a lot of overtime.  I almost fell asleep.

Yeah, it's been killing me that I'm missing out on so many sweet deals(other region shops, etc.), as I don't have my Lite yet, but hopefully soonish? LOL

#6648 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 16 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

Nintendo e-shop noob here....

I have two questions...or 3.

1) E-shop wallet is maxed at $200 only?

2) Games on E-shop will be discounted during black friday?

3) Will I be able to get online via PC, and buy games on e-shop when I'm out of town? (buy mario kart online while at beach, then get home to download it on switch for example)

-B

2. Yeah, Black Friday/Thanksgiving will very likely have sales on high-profile titles. Their Holidays site has a sampling of the physical games they’ll have on sale, so that should give you an idea. None of those are guaranteed though, last year on the eShop they just had Tropical Freeze and a bunch of third-party titles.

3. You can buy games from the Nintendo website, and they’ll inmediately start downloading if your system has an internet connection.

#6649 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

Hopefully this isn’t too stupid of a question but why is every Pokémon release, two games at a time that cost a shit ton of money? Is it legit two full games that they broke out because of size? Is it an immediate sequel to the other? Totally lost.

#6650 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3444 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Hopefully this isn’t too stupid of a question but why is every Pokémon release, two games at a time that cost a shit ton of money? Is it legit two full games that they broke out because of size? Is it an immediate sequel to the other? Totally lost.

No they're virtually the same game but each game has exclusive Pokemon that the other doesn't have and the legendary Pokemon that you get in each game is the one on the cover. It's generally done this way to promote trading Pokemon with someone who has the other game to get a full Pokedex, but I've always seen it as an unnecessary cash grab.

#6651 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

They also slightly change the stories between versions so you wouldn’t exactly be playing the same thing, but you are really not meant to play both. You pick a version, stick to it, raise your teams, and trade for what you can’t get.

I don’t comprehend why people buy the Double Packs for themselves, frankly. Like, why in the heck would you want the digital Double Pack? Do you like trade with yourself? How?

#6652 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Same. And I swear...if Captain Toad doesn't go on sale I am going to flush my Switch right down the goddamn toilet.

#6653 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3283 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

For those of you with both a switch and a lite.. you still only need the basic switch online and not the family right?
But can only use 1 at a time online, one as primary and the other secondary.

Yeah, basic switch online plan works for one account and that account can be on two systems(primary and one other). The second system can only be played while connected to the internet, but if you can hotspot on your phone I'm pretty sure you can play the 2nd system while out and about(havent tested it personally.)

#6654 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5027 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:20 PM

They also slightly change the stories between versions so you wouldn’t exactly be playing the same thing, but you are really not meant to play both. You pick a version, stick to it, raise your teams, and trade for what you can’t get.

I don’t comprehend why people buy the Double Packs for themselves, frankly. Like, why in the heck would you want the digital Double Pack? Do you like trade with yourself? How?

I had a GBC, a GBO, a link cable, and lived in the country when I was a kid.

Don’t judge.

#6655 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7883 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, it's been killing me that I'm missing out on so many sweet deals(other region shops, etc.), as I don't have my Lite yet, but hopefully soonish? LOL

I can't speak about buying games from other regions, but there are typically Switch digital games for less than a dollar that are worth spending a few minutes here and there.  And I expect that most of the ones that I missed buying for that price will eventually fall again.  

To tell the truth, I've more or less fallen out of love with Mario and Zelda, but I enjoy the hidden gems that I've been able to play since I bought my Switch last Monday.  I know that some of the stores will have Mario Oddysey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Tennis Aces and others for less than $30 on Black Friday.  I'm not that excited about playing those games though.  Might get Crash Racing for $15.  That's my biggest want, and only then for that price.  

Are you waiting for Black Friday to see if there are deals on the Switch Lite?

#6656 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7883 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

Walmart has the new model Switch with a free copy of Minecraft for Switch for $298.60.

https://www.walmart....-Game/842043295

Shipped by Walmart.  And the best deal anyone will see before (or possibly after) Black Friday.

#6657 I Am A Bicycle  

I Am A Bicycle

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

How are you liking BG so far? I rolled my first charname last night and I have to say it's weird getting used to. It's also microscopic on handheld, which was the whole point of me buying it. Why they didn't implement touch controls, I'll never know either.

I LOVE it man. I only play on handheld and it's basically perfect

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#6658 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

I just got my Switch at GameStop last week during Pro Days sale. I didn’t want to take a chance one of the bundles would be the older version. I may bite on that Pool game. I was eyeing that. Even though I can play Dead Cells on Xbox, if it goes cheap Black Friday I might pick it up.
Anyone have some good cheap eshop game recommendations?

#6659 dave auto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

dave auto

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

To tell the truth, I've more or less fallen out of love with Mario and Zelda, but I enjoy the hidden gems that I've been able to play since I bought my Switch last Monday. I know that some of the stores will have Mario Oddysey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Tennis Aces and others for less than $30 on Black Friday. I'm not that excited about playing those games though.

Man, believe me, I totally feel you, for years now I’ve felt very burnt out on AAA titles, especially in long-running series that I used to love, like Mario and Zelda, and I’ve been loving the deluge of small, cheap indie games on Switch.
But.
If you spot a good deal on Odyssey and BotW specifically, do yourself a favor and give them a second thought. These two are special. Best entries in their respective series in 20 years. Among the best entries in their respective genres in recent memory. Among the best console games this generation, period. Jaded as I was, these two games helped me fall in love with Nintendo all over again. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

#6660 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10135 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

Same. And I swear...if Captain Toad doesn't go on sale I am going to flush my Switch right down the goddamn toilet.

I want a digital sale on Yoshi and Mario Rabbids. Fingers crossed.