* * * * - 19 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 9/17: $10.49 Atomicrops, $5 Fairune Collection, $20 Hades, $6 Thumper, $20 MH Stories 3DS, & More!

#8641 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

Xenogears on 3DS?

Pretty sure they're talking about the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS port.

#8642 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:22 PM

I don't think this has been posted here, but Ty 1 is coming out on switch tomorrow and you can get a pre-order code at $5 off if you order within 20 hours from now.

https://ty-console.b...osted_preorders

#8643 nicklesminer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

nicklesminer

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:08 PM

I didnt see this mentioned previously, but xenoblade chronicles definitive edition is now available for preorder and is voucher eligible if you have any left you need to use.

#8644 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10471 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Was thinking of ordering this to create an Animal Crossing Switch for myself.

...of course, it comes from China...

https://www.ebay.com...67o7iEUrxoqAOuw

#8645 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1816 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:11 PM

And . . . ?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

#8646 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:08 PM

There is a guy on twitter named captain Alex who makes custom shells and designs. It’s probably more expensive than the stickers, but his quality is pretty good. Might be worth checking out if you’re desperate for a redesign.

#8647 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:13 PM

And . . . ?

Please don't engage. This is one of the last threads I can check without any of the real world seeping in.

#8648 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:46 AM

Please don't engage. This is one of the last threads I can check without any of the real world seeping in.

Truth!

#8649 jr7936   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:27 AM

so two days I ordered the cheap aegis defender pack digital code that target.com had for 2.99.  It installed on my switch but it told me I still needed to download the game

I though the expansion pack included the game as well but i guess I was wrong

#8650 omegafinal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

omegafinal

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:56 AM

The reality is that a 64GB card is really not cost effective, and while many games sell very well on the NS, some more expensive games may not. Making a game like the Witcher 3 on a system like this was a HUGE gamble, but it was done well and the gamble paid off. Porting these higher end games down to a sizable limit, when they have none on PS4/ONE is very expensive. As your not moving a lesser game like Panzer Dragoon up to a beefier system, but down to a less capable one, and then hope it is good enough that people are OK with a lesser game.

At the end of the day, this all falls on "N", as they make system they are happy to work on, but the developing community normally doesn't care to. The NS's saving grace is that it is built around a strong mobile chipset, and in recent years more higher end games have been coming to mobile, so that helped the NS. As more and more people care less about physical, it means less chances that higher cards are produced, as it's less likely they sell well enough to off set the cost.

So in the end, the same 50GB game that fits cheaply on a Blu-Ray disc, now has to pay for a more expensive cart, for a game that probably cost more to make than it's full console counterparts(as the game now needs to be shrunk). Who would do that? The answer, only Witcher 3 at this point, and that was for a 32GB card. So unless "N" starts producing tons of games on 32/64GB cards themselves(NEVER happening), that sell well and help bring down cost, don't look for a 64GB card in this gen, or even to many more 32GB ones, as it's just to expensive for most. 

Between the time I posted to now, decided to check if there was an update. Looks like the company Nintendo contracted may have developed something back in December that'll allow them to have 64GB cards. So therefore hope that it drives the prices of the smaller ones down. (I think the 8GB is the same price as a standard Blu-Ray last I checked. Hopefully the potential news means that it'll bring the 16GB down closer to that price point.)

But I also think you're right for the most part, and to also add in another reason, the Switch is a 1080p system, so it doesn't need 4K textures and the like. That'll drive down the space requirement a good bit.

#8651 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1157 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:00 PM

so two days I ordered the cheap aegis defender pack digital code that target.com had for 2.99. It installed on my switch but it told me I still needed to download the game
I though the expansion pack included the game as well but i guess I was wrong

Good luck with the refund. I did the same and didn't get a chance to try to redeem the code until much later in the day, and on eShop it was obviously the wrong thing so I didn't complete the redemption. I resolved it by their chat support, but it wasn't easy. I was nice and polite but they didn't want to refund it.

By that time they had changed/fixed the product name on their website to "expansion" and that automatically changed my order history and orders, too. I had three emails that say nothing about expansion, but the representative in chat was insistent that it was my mistake and that I needed to call and wait 3 hours on hold... over there three dollars. There are even reviews about the mislabeling that they couldn't see for some reason.

Ultimately the person I chatted with decided to be nice when I begged to not have to call, wait there hours, and waste someone else's time, too), but getting the full on perp treatment sucked.

These CSR people are dealing with a lot, so I didn't want to be rude so I went with begging. Good luck!

#8652 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70329 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:19 PM

Between the time I posted to now, decided to check if there was an update. Looks like the company Nintendo contracted may have developed something back in December that'll allow them to have 64GB cards. So therefore hope that it drives the prices of the smaller ones down. (I think the 8GB is the same price as a standard Blu-Ray last I checked. Hopefully the potential news means that it'll bring the 16GB down closer to that price point.)

But I also think you're right for the most part, and to also add in another reason, the Switch is a 1080p system, so it doesn't need 4K textures and the like. That'll drive down the space requirement a good bit.

Two of those 2K collections are last-gen series, so 4K isn't a factor in their size issues. It would be interesting if they'd try putting games on separate cards, but that would obviously increase the cost that might make the trilogy bundle $10 or $20 more to do what they say they want. It would be nice if they could be open about the costs and see if a more expensive multi-card bundle would be the actual solution or not.

#8653 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

The US now leads the world in the total number of confirmed cases with a much smaller population than China.

#8654 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

The US now leads the world in the total number of confirmed cases with a much smaller population than China.

Well, what do you expect with Agent Orange in the White House, everything he touches either dies, goes to jail(or both), why should the country be any different(sad times)!

#8655 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7622 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:16 PM

double post

#8656 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, because the numbers China has reported are totally believable.

#8657 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

Politics in the eshop thread - go back to your CNN/Fox News websites and comment there instead of here

#8658 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:45 PM

Whatever happened to talking about deals and rare gems?....

Come on people... Trying to escape the whining

#8659 valiki7375  

valiki7375

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:46 PM

Really enjoying Slay the Spire... The "ending" leaves me with questions, but don't want to spoil anything....

Also has anyone tried Two Point Hospital?

#8660 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3730 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted 29 March 2020 - 06:49 PM

I never did thank you guys for the Animal Crossing recommendation. I absolutely love this game, thanks everyone for talking me into buying it!

#8661 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

Really enjoying Slay the Spire... The "ending" leaves me with questions, but don't want to spoil anything....

Also has anyone tried Two Point Hospital?

If you've ever played Theme Hospital, it's made by the same people. But I like it. Switch controls takes some getting used to after playing it on pc.

#8662 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

One Step From Eden is a very addictive game I purchased. It's a rogue like somewhat like a tough as nails Mega Man Battle Network game. It plays extremely quickly, and is a time console exclusive for the Switch (It's also on PC). The story is barely there, as are the characters. The gameplay is fast and the difficulty very hard. Also be sure to look up tips for starting, as the tutorial is a basic movement and how to use your abilities one. I highly recommend it even without a discount, but just know you will lose often. This is before you start getting used to all the powers and cards and such. Between this and my usual 30-40 minute Animal Crossing sessions, my Switch is getting a lot of love right now.

#8663 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:46 PM

I never did thank you guys for the Animal Crossing recommendation. I absolutely love this game, thanks everyone for talking me into buying it!

I’m finishing up my 2nd house upgrade, and building a shop for the clothing seller.

#8664 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1627 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:13 AM

If you've ever played Theme Hospital, it's made by the same people. But I like it. Switch controls takes some getting used to after playing it on pc.

You mean Two Point Hospital correct? I didn't think Theme Hospital was on Switch.

#8665 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:02 AM

You mean Two Point Hospital correct? I didn't think Theme Hospital was on Switch.

No, you misread what I'm saying. Two Point Hospital was created by the same devs who made Theme hospital on PC and PS1.

#8666 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1627 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 30 March 2020 - 01:46 AM

No, you misread what I'm saying. Two Point Hospital was created by the same devs who made Theme hospital on PC and PS1.

Oh that's cool. I thought that game was just inspired by Theme Hospital, not that it had any of the original devs.

I actually misread the post you were quoting, missed the part about Two Point Hospital completely and thought you were talking about the Slay the Spire devs. lol

#8667 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2904 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:06 AM

Is Donut County worth it or should I hope for a lower price?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

#8668 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   742 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:22 AM

Oh that's cool. I thought that game was just inspired by Theme Hospital, not that it had any of the original devs.

I actually misread the post you were quoting, missed the part about Two Point Hospital completely and thought you were talking about the Slay the Spire devs. lol

lol no worries, I should've worded it better.

#8669 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:23 AM

In a gaming deals thread people should really keep their political musings to themselves. 

Difficult to escape the virus talk, but believe me when I tell you nobody in this thread gives two shits about your thoughts on the elected officials in this country. 

Thanks. 

#8670 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:29 AM

Anyone here played that Momodora game? Saw it on a list of Metroidvania games and wondered how it holds up.