* * * * - 19 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 9/17: $10.49 Atomicrops, $5 Fairune Collection, $20 Hades, $6 Thumper, $20 MH Stories 3DS, & More!

#10141 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5574 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:24 AM

If you have a CIB Path of Radiance, it is actually going for $250+. Quite a few above that in the past week or so.

Holy shit really?  Ugh that is sooooo tempting but I don't know if those are actually moving at those prices. 

Oddly enough I just replayed it last year doing a bottom tier units challenge for funsies. Shockingly some of them are usable thanks to the growth bands and bonus exp of course helps.

#10142 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:58 AM

Now how would I sell that without getting ripped off? I wouldn't trust eBay to back me if a buyer files a claim. There's a sealed one that supposedly sold for $699, but I wouldn't expect to actually receive that money.

I still have a Breath of the Wild master edition in my closet gathering dust that I've been meaning to list, but am wary of a buyer screwing me over.

#10143 dave auto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

dave auto

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

Spider Solitaire is showing up 100% off for me. Long list of Baltoro-published games to make you eligible for the discount:
https://www.nintendo...litaire-switch/

#10144 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:00 PM

The Switch list above is done. 3DS and Wii U will be a bit later. Sorry for the delays.

Edit: 3DS and Wii U lists are also done now.

#10145 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

The GS preorder pin set for Origami King are selling for $20-25 on eBay. Easy way to get some money back 👍🏼

#10146 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

Deku Deals is showing more new eshop drops. Onimusha Warlords is showing an atl of $9.99. Anyone have thoughts on that game?

#10147 PanchoZer0   Epic Level Gamer CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

PanchoZer0

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:23 PM

Holy shit really? Ugh that is sooooo tempting but I don't know if those are actually moving at those prices.
Oddly enough I just replayed it last year doing a bottom tier units challenge for funsies. Shockingly some of them are usable thanks to the growth bands and bonus exp of course helps.

This is really easy to figure out. Search what you're looking for on ebay, go to the left and click sold listings, and make sure it's sorted by most recent. Looks like the last complete one sold for $270. You can also see how often they sell and how many are currently selling so you can gauge if it's worth it. I've sold plenty of high value items online in various forums and never really had issues. For really expensive stuff just document everything, take pictures of it packed up, sealed up, and get a receipt wherever you are taking it to mail off.

#10148 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

Got a wish list alert email showing that Burnout Paradise Remastered is on sale for $40.

#10149 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:40 AM

Feathery Ears - $4.49 - 55% Off - Ends 7/22

Mechstermination Force - $5.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/30

Earth Atlantis - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/29

Anyone play or recommend these games? Seems like they're at an all time low too.

#10150 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14964 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:00 AM

If you have a CIB Path of Radiance, it is actually going for $250+. Quite a few above that in the past week or so.

I still have a sealed one, thanks for the info. Not sure if I want to sell it now or wait, don't really need the money. What are the chances it'll be selling for more in a few years?

#10151 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:19 AM

I still have a sealed one, thanks for the info. Not sure if I want to sell it now or wait, don't really need the money. What are the chances it'll be selling for more in a few years?

at this rate, Nintendo will make a remake or something and people will start losing interest in those versions, now we have 3 versions of Xenoblade Chronicles and with good sales of Fire Emblem surely will be some remake or remaster of old games

#10152 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:18 AM

Anyone play or recommend these games? Seems like they're at an all time low too.

I highly recommend mechstermination force. It’s from the same developer as gunman Clive. It’s basically a boss rush game with contra style shooting. Each boss is basically a puzzle, you shoot off armor and reveal the weak points. Each weak point has to be climbed to so you can melee it to break it. It’s pretty tough but satisfying. It also has local co-op. I think I paid $10 for it and I don’t regret it.

#10153 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

Now how would I sell that without getting ripped off? I wouldn't trust eBay to back me if a buyer files a claim. There's a sealed one that supposedly sold for $699, but I wouldn't expect to actually receive that money.

List it as a Buy it Now only, select immediate payment required at checkout, take very good pictures and accurately describe your item, and write in your description signature required. I have sold hundreds of rare games worth $50-$500 on eBay and I have yet to experience issues with my buyers. For example, I sold a mint complete copy of Tenkaichi 3 PS2 (got it from a local thrift for $3) for $150 awhile back and shipped it via USPS with tracking and signature. I'm also sold a used complete mint Collector's Edition of original World of Warcraft (got it from a local goodwill for $10) early this year for $420 shipped. Both received a positive feedback from my buyers.

#10154 teslow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

Switch is available on walmart.com

#10155 entexman  

entexman

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:02 PM

List it as a Buy it Now only, select immediate payment required at checkout, take very good pictures and accurately describe your item, and write in your description signature required. I have sold hundreds of rare games worth $50-$500 on eBay and I have yet to experience issues with my buyers. For example, I sold a mint complete copy of Tenkaichi 3 PS2 (got it from a local thrift for $3) for $150 awhile back and shipped it via USPS with tracking and signature. I'm also sold a used complete mint Collector's Edition of original World of Warcraft (got it from a local goodwill for $10) early this year for $420 shipped. Both received a positive feedback from my buyers.

I am curious how you are finding "mint complete" anything at a thrift store/Goodwill. The few times I have ever went to those type places the  games are in very poor condition/incomplete. Many years ago I got several Mattel intellivision games in box at Goodwill. That's about all I ever scored at a thrift shop. I guess you have been very fortunate. I would not say what you are reporting is very common.

#10156 jrc84  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

I am curious how you are finding "mint complete" anything at a thrift store/Goodwill. The few times I have ever went to those type places the games are in very poor condition/incomplete. Many years ago I got several Mattel intellivision games in box at Goodwill. That's about all I ever scored at a thrift shop. I guess you have been very fortunate. I would not say what you are reporting is very common.

I find good stuff (and not so good stuff) at thrift stores. The hot stuff goes quick but it shows up. I found a sealed GameCube game and sealed Frozen BD pre covid, but I was hitting them on the regular. You are going to strike out a lot and it probably is not worth the time honestly, but you can score some nice finds.

#10157 entexman  

entexman

Posted 18 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

I find good stuff (and not so good stuff) at thrift stores. The hot stuff goes quick but it shows up. I found a sealed GameCube game and sealed Frozen BD pre covid, but I was hitting them on the regular. You are going to strike out a lot and it probably is not worth the time honestly, but you can score some nice finds.

As you say the time investment needed to score some rare items is not worth it to me.  More power to those that do find it worthwhile. I bought some classic handhelds a few months ago off ebay. One of the sellers has a youtube channel where he shares his Goodwill/flea market trips. This guy really enjoys finding gems buried in the rubbish.  I will admit it was fun to see some of the ramdom stuff he found. Most of what he found was of no interest to me.  I have no idea where he got the classic bambino tabletop game I always wanted, but I was very happy he had it for sale at a reasonable price.  I know I would never find that going to flea markets/thrift stores in my area. I have never seen items like that in all my years of searching. 

#10158 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7615 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, the reality is when people donate things, it's often from a place of the "good" it can do, and not what an item is worth. So while I agree things in good shape aren't that common, they do happen, as many people donate things "new" or like new because they want others to have things that are nice, even if they are having hard times. Most people don't look up the value of something before donating it, for the simple reasons it's a donation. 

Many people donate only because it's something they no longer want or need, which is cool, as it helps people, but that is were you get the bulk of garbage at donation centers or thrift shops. But for anyone who checks these places out, there are gems to be had, as a good amount of people donate things in good condition, because they would like to receive said items in a similar condition.

#10159 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

I've donated good things like board games that might not sell on Ebay for much or are too bulky and I don't play that are fine games. I would also donate cheaper video games I don't want anymore. I will sell stuff that carries a premium though. The key is I have given non junk to Goodwill/Savers/others, though it may not be premium sell it stuff on Ebay. 

#10160 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

I have one voucher left that expires the 26th. Should i buy paper mario if im a beginner rpg? Not a big fan of rpgs

#10161 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2020 - 04:26 PM

I have one voucher left that expires the 26th. Should i buy paper mario if im a beginner rpg? Not a big fan of rpgs

I used my last voucher on it. I’m enjoying it this far. It’s not exactly an RPG, but I enjoy exploring the world thus far.

It became my default option since there weren’t any E3 reveals for new voucher games. I have already played or own most first party games so I’d rather something unlikely to be discounted anytime soon.

The real question is what other games are you debating and have you played them since the voucher will expire and any game that has already gone on sale for $40 negates the vouch altogether.

#10162 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:14 AM

I am curious how you are finding "mint complete" anything at a thrift store/Goodwill. The few times I have ever went to those type places the  games are in very poor condition/incomplete. Many years ago I got several Mattel intellivision games in box at Goodwill. That's about all I ever scored at a thrift shop. I guess you have been very fortunate. I would not say what you are reporting is very common.

I don't know where you live but I live in Los Angeles. We have a thrift store in every corner and I have my go to spot for video games. I'm picky when it comes to video games so I only buy mint copy of games for my personal collection and resell to others. If it's not complete or in poor condition I usually just trade them into GameStop for store credit. Please note I'm an IT service tech for the LAUSD and I get to work all over LA, leave early around 3pm, and checkout the local thrift stores in the city where I'm schedule to work at. On average I visit about 30-40 different thrift stores per month just to kill time and bypass LA horrible traffic.

Visit the thrift thread here. I'm very active and you can see all of my thrift finds w/ photo for this year. - https://www.cheapass...-findings-here/ . My recent find is another original WOW CE for $13. This will be going up eBay soon for $400.

Last year thrift thread - https://www.cheapass...1#entry14254792

2018 thrift thread - https://www.cheapass...-findings-here/

#10163 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:27 AM

I highly recommend mechstermination force. It’s from the same developer as gunman Clive. It’s basically a boss rush game with contra style shooting. Each boss is basically a puzzle, you shoot off armor and reveal the weak points. Each weak point has to be climbed to so you can melee it to break it. It’s pretty tough but satisfying. It also has local co-op. I think I paid $10 for it and I don’t regret it.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. I love the Gunman Clive games, so I knew the developer would deliver. It sounds/looks really fun.

My gf just got me The Wonderful 101 today. Are the games different enough from one another? (I'm sure they are and I'll most likely end up getting Mechstermination Force either way. Haha)

#10164 entexman  

entexman

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

I don't know where you live but I live in Los Angeles. We have a thrift store in every corner and I have my go to spot for video games. I'm picky when it comes to video games so I only buy mint copy of games for my personal collection and resell to others. If it's not complete or in poor condition I usually just trade them into GameStop for store credit. Please note I'm an IT service tech for the LAUSD and I get to work all over LA, leave early around 3pm, and checkout the local thrift stores in the city where I'm schedule to work at. On average I visit about 30-40 different thrift stores per month just to kill time and bypass LA horrible traffic.

Visit the thrift thread here. I'm very active and you can see all of my thrift finds w/ photo for this year. - https://www.cheapass...-findings-here/ . My recent find is another original WOW CE for $13. This will be going up eBay soon for $400.

Last year thrift thread - https://www.cheapass...1#entry14254792

2018 thrift thread - https://www.cheapass...-findings-here/

Well that would explain how you are finding some good stuff at thrift stores. I live in Maryland near Annapolis. There aren't a bunch of thrift stores in the area.  I have traveled to LA for work and the traffic there is terrible. I can see waiting it out. When I would travel to DC for work and a meeting would go past 3PM the group I was with would go out for a relaxing dinner to avoid the traffic around the capital beltway. 

Thanks for the links to the other threads. I will check them out.

#10165 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14964 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hope y'all are at least wearing masks and gloves as you risk infection looking for video games.

Spoiler

#10166 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

Hope y'all are at least wearing masks and gloves as you risk infection looking for video games.

Agreed, but also please keep this dark stuff out of this thread.

I wish there were a second Nintendo thread --one for digital and one for in-store/in-person deals....

#10167 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14964 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:55 PM

Agreed, but also please keep this dark stuff out of this thread.

I wish there were a second Nintendo thread --one for digital and one for in-store/in-person deals....

I posted the video specifically for all of the head-in-the-sand people. Too many pretend there isn't a pandemic and think all news concerning it is a hoax, then they end up getting it and being quarantined like Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt. When each day sets a record for new COVID cases and people in LA are bragging about hitting up 30-40 stores a month, we need to at least mention it. Consider it a reality check.

Wear your masks if you go to Goodwill B&M stores looking for Nintendo games. Good for you if you do already, just don't be the one who spreads the virus. End of discussion.

#10168 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

I agree with everything you've said, however I disagree with you posting it here, and disagree with thought that you think that others won't want to post their disagreements with your opinion. A head in the sand person is likely to remain unphased by your post.

Ultimately this is an eShop deals thread. There's nothing safer than digital purchases and this is among the most off topic and depressing things to add to such a thread.

Regardless: same side and please stay safe.

#10169 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:03 AM

#10170 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:10 AM

So the Rumors were half true... They got the date correct.