* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 9/19: Digerati/Team 17/Sega Sales! $3 Sega 3D Classics, $10 Yoku's Island Express, $1.34 DDMR, & More!

#5611 atrsixaild   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

atrsixaild

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

At checkout, did you use a credit card and enter a random Argentina home address to purchase them?

Would also like to know this.

#5612 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Just got notice Demon X Machina shipped! YESSSSS

#5613 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Anyone have a chance to play the new daemon x machina demo? Have had it pre ordered from back when I had GCU at Best buy and trying to decide if it's worth keeping the pre order. Probably won't have time to try out the demo this week so any opinions are welcome

Thanks!

theres a demo???? Thanks for letting me know, ill try before i open it

#5614 JammerFi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

I would love to know how you did this as well; Nintendo usually pretty strict about buying outside your home country.

#5615 JammerFi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

Would also like to know this.

Would like to know how you did this as well; Nintendo usually very strict about not buying outside of your country. I do remember buying from the Mexican eShop though; so maybe you can do it inside the same region (in this case "The Americas").

#5616 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

I would love to know how you did this as well; Nintendo usually pretty strict about buying outside your home country.

Not anymore with the Switch (but still with the 3DS and Wii U, sadly). Nintendo is about the loosest in region-locking now (compared to the other consoles and the PC digital storefronts). "Loosest in region-locking" in that there is absolutely none whatsoever.

The only thing preventing you from buying in other countries/regions is your form of payment, as in if your PayPal or credit card will work for purchases made in that country. Nintendo has nothing to do with that. The method for purchasing digital games in Argentina is outside of the norm because (I'm assuming) of rules for that country that Nintendo is following?

#5617 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:48 PM

Anyone have a chance to play the new daemon x machina demo? Have had it pre ordered from back when I had GCU at Best buy and trying to decide if it's worth keeping the pre order. Probably won't have time to try out the demo this week so any opinions are welcome

Thanks!

Did you enjoy the Prototype Missions?. I was on the fence after playing them but the demo is very much improved from that. The controls are tight and it’s way easier to see what’s going on.

I think if you like mech games and like the monster hunter structure (mission, loot, upgrade, repeat) seems like it’s a good game. If you are on the fence, maybe try the demo before you open the box so you can return it if you don’t like it.

Reviews are mixed. SixthAxis gave it a 9.0. NintendoLife 7.0. If scores matter to you. I’m guessing this will probably end up being a cult classic; a great game with fans but overlooked by many. Being released in the busiest month of the year won’t help.

#5618 atrsixaild   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

atrsixaild

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:49 PM

Tried purchasing celeste from Argentina eshop. I used my address and made up the 8 digit number it asks for.

The order still says pending 2 hours later

#5619 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:54 PM

Also have a pending order on Argentina eshop. I can see the pending charge of $10.52 on my cc for Celeste + Katana Zero + Stardew. Hopefully will go through.

#5620 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

because of the suspicius activities with US credit cards outside of the US eshop maybe they will block it, like humble bundle nintendo games are only available in the US

#5621 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:28 PM

Been looking into finding a way to get eshop cards for mexico eshop accounts, since I decided not to go the argentina CC route. Is there anyone who sells them, or can buy one and send the code to me? RIght now the only thing I want to get is hellblade, since it's $10 on the mexico eshop.

Edit: forgot to mention that the Argentina thing might not work out for me cause it's too complicated to find a card that works and if I did, it will probably get blocked.

#5622 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

Thanks!

Tyler, its great
DL it, its really really good

#5623 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

Been looking into finding a way to get eshop cards for mexico eshop accounts, since I decided not to go the argentina CC route. Is there anyone who sells them, or can buy one and send the code to me? RIght now the only thing I want to get is hellblade, since it's $10 on the mexico eshop.

Edit: forgot to mention that the Argentina thing might not work out for me cause it's too complicated to find a card that works and if I did, it will probably get blocked.

Might not work for you personally using the service, but PayPal works perfectly on the Mexico eShop. I've had no issues with multiple purchases just moments apart, and no conversion fee. My pre-existing US-based PayPal that I have set up on my account just works as-is whenever I change my region to Mexico.

#5624 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:48 PM

Might not work for you personally using the service, but PayPal works perfectly on the Mexico eShop. I've had no issues with multiple purchases just moments apart, and no conversion fee. My pre-existing US-based PayPal that I have set up on my account just works as-is whenever I change my region to Mexico.

I was going to go that route, but I try not to use my credit card whenever possible, and when I try to link my paypal to use my balance, it asks for it.

#5625 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

Anyone know of any B&M stores that I'd have any chance of getting Link's Awakening before my trip to NYC on Friday the 20th at 6am?  It would be great to play it on the ride up there.  However Gamestop isn't having a midnight launch so they are out.  I don't really have a Walmart near me that is 24 hours and from what I hear it's a shitshow anyways at midnight there.

I'm guessing I am out of luck and won't have it in time, unless I just went digital, which I just won't do.  I will probably end up getting it over the weekend at the Nintendo store up in NYC just to have for my ride back on the bus.

#5626 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

yeah if you dont want to do walmart, or digital, thats your best bet.

or postpone your trip..

#5627 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

Did you enjoy the Prototype Missions?. I was on the fence after playing them but the demo is very much improved from that. The controls are tight and it’s way easier to see what’s going on.

I think if you like mech games and like the monster hunter structure (mission, loot, upgrade, repeat) seems like it’s a good game. If you are on the fence, maybe try the demo before you open the box so you can return it if you don’t like it.

Reviews are mixed. SixthAxis gave it a 9.0. NintendoLife 7.0. If scores matter to you. I’m guessing this will probably end up being a cult classic; a great game with fans but overlooked by many. Being released in the busiest month of the year won’t help.

WHAT ? Nintendo life gave it a 7??????? Thats nuts. Like you said, the controls are tight and gameplay is fun, but damn, a 7 from Nintendo life is pretty poor for an IP release.....

What do you think dude? Are you still on the fence about it or you keeping it?

#5628 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:16 PM

I just tried the Argentina thing and got Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley and Katana Zero in less than 15 minutes after checkout.

Edit: Did another one for Hotline Miami and got it right away.

#5629 TheGuardianLegend   What backlog? CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

TheGuardianLegend

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:47 AM

Took my order about two hours to get the codes.

#5630 LindsayLohan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

LindsayLohan

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:55 AM

What did folks use for an address doing the Argentina thing? I don't mind flipping my Mexican user to another land, but I got stuck at the checkout wondering what to use.

#5631 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:32 AM

What did folks use for an address doing the Argentina thing? I don't mind flipping my Mexican user to another land, but I got stuck at the checkout wondering what to use.

I ended up looking up a government building address and fudging it up a bit.

#5632 SmashMan4   The Dark Light CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:45 AM

Bought a VISA vanilla E-gift card which is like a virtual account with my paypal and I was able to link my paypal to my nintendo account. However, still can't buy from the argentinia store with that card. Wish Argentina had a paypal option for buying from the eshop.

#5633 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:47 AM

At checkout, did you use a credit card and enter a random Argentina home address to purchase them? 

Yes, I used my mileage credit card - a Mastercard. 

I entered my real home address, but had to select an Argentinian country (or whatever it is). For the identification number I just entered 12345678. There might have been something else that I fudged, but that's what I can remember. The transaction processed immediately. The only thing was the email got filtered as spam, but that was easy to fix. 

If you guys are encountering problems, it might be your cc company being a little more strict. 

Hope this helps. 

#5634 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2006 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:40 AM

Yes, I used my mileage credit card - a Mastercard.

I entered my real home address, but had to select an Argentinian country (or whatever it is). For the identification number I just entered 12345678. There might have been something else that I fudged, but that's what I can remember. The transaction processed immediately. The only thing was the email got filtered as spam, but that was easy to fix.

If you guys are encountering problems, it might be your cc company being a little more strict.

Hope this helps.

Just did this.

Logged into my Nintendo account via a browser, changed my region to Argentina, google searched "Argentina Nintendo eShop", made my browser translate Spanish to English, added the games to cart, and paid using a credit card. I got instantly approved by my CC in seconds (see photo).

At checkout, I entered my real street address, city, phone number, and full name. For state and zip code, I used Buenos Aires and B1631IUD. For Identification number, I used 12345678.

All digital game codes were sent to my email. Before redeeming them, I switched my account back to United States and then redeemed each code under the U.S. eShop page via the Switch.

Came out to $14.57 USD. Great deal! Thanks!

Note: Google search your credit card if they charge a “foreign transaction fee”. It’s normally 2 to 3 percent of your purchase costs. In my case, my credit card has no foreign transaction fee.

2019-09-11-22-19-14-Thanks-for-your-ordeIMG-5507.jpgIMG-55101.jpg

#5635 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:45 AM

Damn wish I didn't have $80 in my account right now. Some really good prices in Argentina

#5636 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2120 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

Hmmm...I tried but every time I went to log in after changing my region, putting a game in my cart and then try to log in for checkout I keep getting a message saying something like "this is unsupported by my region.  It then kicks me to the main page and resets me make to USA. 

Edit - Wait, thought I was stupid and figured it out, but then maybe not.  Now I get this that stops me from switching;

This Nintendo Account or account for a child contains a pass that is set for automatic renewal.
Your country/region cannot be changed unless you first cancel automatic renewal for the pass.

guess that's for my Nintendo Online?

#5637 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1752 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Just did this.

Logged into my Nintendo account via a browser, changed my region to Argentina, google searched "Argentina Nintendo eShop", made my browser translate Spanish to English, added the games to cart, and paid using a credit card. I got instantly approved by my CC in seconds (see photo).

At checkout, I entered my real street address, city, phone number, and full name. For state and zip code, I used Buenos Aires and B1631IUD. For Identification number, I used 12345678.

All digital game codes were sent to my email. Before redeeming them, I switched my account back to United States and then redeemed each code under the U.S. eShop page via the Switch.

Came out to $14.57 USD. Great deal! Thanks!

Note: Google search your credit card if they charge a “foreign transaction fee”. It’s normally 2 to 3 percent of your purchase costs. In my case, my credit card has no foreign transaction fee.

2019-09-11-22-19-14-Thanks-for-your-ordeIMG-5507.jpgIMG-55101.jpg

This worked for me. Excellent write-up! Switching back to the US to redeem the codes also means you get to keep the gold coins on your US account.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#5638 Bosshog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

Followed the steps, but both my credit cards were rejected :/

#5639 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1123 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

This worked for me. Excellent write-up! Switching back to the US to redeem the codes also means you get to keep the gold coins on your US account.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Wow, wish I had known to switch back to US for the gold coins. It doesn't seem like you earn anything on the Argentinian side. 

Hmmm...I tried but every time I went to log in after changing my region, putting a game in my cart and then try to log in for checkout I keep getting a message saying something like "this is unsupported by my region.  It then kicks me to the main page and resets me make to USA. 

Edit - Wait, thought I was stupid and figured it out, but then maybe not.  Now I get this that stops me from switching;

This Nintendo Account or account for a child contains a pass that is set for automatic renewal.
Your country/region cannot be changed unless you first cancel automatic renewal for the pass.

guess that's for my Nintendo Online?

Yes, you have to disable the auto-renew for Nintendo online. 

#5640 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, i was so excited to make it work, that I just quickly redeemed my games before Nintendo changed thier minds. Oh well, I'll just be happy with getting the 5 games for less than 20 total