* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 9/19: Digerati/Team 17/Sega Sales! $3 Sega 3D Classics, $10 Yoku's Island Express, $1.34 DDMR, & More!

#5971 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:05 AM

Thanks for the info, will get one on amazon then

If you have Amazon Prime, you get a free year through Twitch Prime (if that's still going... I think it is).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#5972 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 AM

How is it possible that they have such lower prices, i just dont get it? I want to make another account like a sub account but i dont want to lose anything or get into issues with nintendo, if gamesharing rules are an issue....but man, never seen so much deviation in price

BTW Anyone played Link’s Awakening yet? I hear the frame rate is rough, and Frisky Had his live stream going, but i just wanted other peoples opinions on the game? I decided the amibo was a waste of money so i found out the links BOTW are cross compatible though which is cool

Any one love it? Like it ? Kinda dislike it?

Links Awakening is great. Are there frame rate issues? Yes. But they aren't game breaking or anything. They occur in certain areas of the over world and it quickly gets back to 60 fps. I bet they patch it eventually. I don't recall it happening in a dungeon ever and really didn't affect the game too much for me.

This is probably one of the best remakes I've played. Stays faithful to the original, keeps all the charm. Really good puzzles, boss fights are fun. If you enjoy Zelda games this is top notch, don't let the frame rate keep you from playing this truly great game.

Speaking of which, I just beat it!

#5973 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2552 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Links Awakening is great. Are there frame rate issues? Yes. But they aren't game breaking or anything. They occur in certain areas of the over world and it quickly gets back to 60 fps. I bet they patch it eventually. I don't recall it happening in a dungeon ever and really didn't affect the game too much for me.

This is probably one of the best remakes I've played. Stays faithful to the original, keeps all the charm. Really good puzzles, boss fights are fun. If you enjoy Zelda games this is top notch, don't let the frame rate keep you from playing this truly great game.

The original Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games of all time. It is one of the most unique, inventive, and charming games Nintendo has ever made, and it plays like an 8-bit LttP with more creativity. I beat it countless times when I was young I still replay it every 2-3 years and love it every time.

The only reason I'm not jumping on the remake at $60 is that the dungeon layouts and puzzles are apparently more or less identical, it's mostly a visual and QOL upgrade. Which is fine, the game is perfect, but knowing how and where to do everything means I'll fly through it and it won't be a new experience, just a new coat of paint. Also, while the new art style is unique an very pretty, I don't love it personally.

Mostly I'm just excited that a whole new generation of folks who may not give the original a chance because of its age will get to try it. 

The Gaming Historian episode on Link's Awakening is really great, BTW:

#5974 Tell Em Steve-Dave   Prank superstar!! CAGiversary!   3666 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Tell Em Steve-Dave

Posted Yesterday, 05:18 PM

Can't remember a video of his that wasn't great. Ever watch his Tetris video?

The original Link's Awakening is my favorite Zelda and one of my favorite games of all time. It is one of the most unique, inventive, and charming games Nintendo has ever made, and it plays like an 8-bit LttP with more creativity. I beat it countless times when I was young I still replay it every 2-3 years and love it every time.

The only reason I'm not jumping on the remake at $60 is that the dungeon layouts and puzzles are apparently more or less identical, it's mostly a visual and QOL upgrade. Which is fine, the game is perfect, but knowing how and where to do everything means I'll fly through it and it won't be a new experience, just a new coat of paint. Also, while the new art style is unique an very pretty, I don't love it personally.

Mostly I'm just excited that a whole new generation of folks who may not give the original a chance because of its age will get to try it.

The Gaming Historian episode on Link's Awakening is really great, BTW:

https://www.youtube....h?v=pfvk6CJ3v34

#5975 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:38 PM

well you convinced me to keep it
Thanks Tyler
Your reviews are always spot on

#5976 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 PM

Snipperclips

Keep an eye out for Switch Lite non-compatible (or rather not out of the box) games for the switch lite, Snipperclips is a great example as you would need a pair of Joycons to actually play it, its a great game but you need to spend the extra on the joycons. Couple more that come to mind are Mario Party and 1-2 Switch.

#5977 Ballz2daWalls  

Ballz2daWalls

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Keep an eye out for Switch Lite non-compatible (or rather not out of the box) games for the switch lite, Snipperclips is a great example as you would need a pair of Joycons to actually play it, its a great game but you need to spend the extra on the joycons. Couple more that come to mind are Mario Party and 1-2 Switch.

That’s not true at all. Nintendo put out an update forever ago allowing you to play snipperclips with pro controllers. You can even play it in handheld. Mario Party and 1 2 Switch still require joycons, but I think most people will live without having those 2 games in handheld.

#5978 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:52 AM

That’s not true at all. Nintendo put out an update forever ago allowing you to play snipperclips with pro controllers. You can even play it in handheld. Mario Party and 1 2 Switch still require joycons, but I think most people will live without having those 2 games in handheld.

My statement still holds true, If you read my reply I said "not out of the box", you still have to buy a pro controller or joycons for it.

#5979 Ballz2daWalls  

Ballz2daWalls

Posted Today, 01:29 AM

My statement still holds true, If you read my reply I said "not out of the box", you still have to buy a pro controller or joycons for it.

If you actually read what I said you’d see that I said you can play handheld. Get your facts straight