NEW PS4 Playstation Hits arriving October 4th, particularly God of War ($19.99 msrp)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New additions coming October 4th, 2019 >>>

playstationhitsplaystation4.jpg

Previous collection includes :

playstation-hits-banner.jpg

29015765868_baf689df28_b_thumb.jpg

New batch will have the cover label added and a red translucent case. The original release versions should also get a price drop for all the purists out there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who remembers when Circuit City use to run a buy 2 for $30 sale on Greatest Hits games back in the day?

You got me excited and it's on clearance for $1 off lmao.
Check your local stores; when I bought it a few weeks ago it was $15,and when I checked last week it was $12. The in store price was always different from the online price.

Most of these are at this price already, but it is nice to get the reprint, a few additions, and to know this is finally happening so new games will come out.

Will likely pickup Yakuza 0 and Infamous again, sold back when they were still high aged ago. Thanks!

A lot of normally $8 new (disc and PSN) and $2.50 used stuff in there. BF1 revolution edition is cheaper.

Today is the last day that I can return the copy of Yakuza 0 that I bought at GameStop for $29.99. Needless to say, it's going back.
I'm 5'11" and 185 lbs. Needless to say, I weigh more than a balloon.

I'm with you on the Yakuza 0 price excitement, though.

nice excuse to bump the price up on many old games. Shadowfall has been like $8 everywhere. Slap a new label on it...$20!

Most of these have been cheaper in the past - sometimes by a lot.  But hey, they come in ugly red packaging now.

I'm 5'11" and 185 lbs. Needless to say, I weigh more than a balloon.

I'm with you on the Yakuza 0 price excitement, though.
I can't get back to that GameStop store tonight to return the game because of inclement weather, so my original post was needless.

Most of these have been cheaper in the past - sometimes by a lot. But hey, they come in ugly red packaging now.
You're right - a lot of these can be had for less than $20, but hey, at least the MSRP is down and it's nice to see Sony releasing the GH editions now.

As for the red packaging, I stopped caring about that stuff a while ago. With games today no longer coming with manuals, it just doesn't matter much anymore. The key is to have the game disc to play. Who cares anymore whether it's the GH or not. In the past, it mattered to some extent in that GH editions sometimes didn't have manuals (e.g., see Nintendo Wii U's Player's choice line), but unless you're OCD, the color of the case doesn't change anything anymore.

In fact, it was often the case the GH version had all the DLC and other bonus content on-disc. Doesn't look like Sony bothered with doing that for Bloodborne (too bad), but may be other games that come out will go that extra mile to reignite sales/double dips.

ALL of these are available for less than 20$ already, except yakuza which is only that price on psn. killzone and freaking battlefield "i came out in 2013" 4 can be found for less than 5 bucks. i dont know why they didnt do this for HZD, TLG, GR2, games that actually had the price drop that fit with this.

More importantly though, as someone who collects physical games, i was so happy this cancer wasnt anywhere near this gen of games, until now. it looks just as tacky, forced, and ugly as youd expect. 

ALL of these are available for less than 20$ already, except yakuza which is only that price on psn. killzone and freaking battlefield "i came out in 2013" 4 can be found for less than 5 bucks. i dont know why they didnt do this for HZD, TLG, GR2, games that actually had the price drop that fit with this.

More importantly though, as someone who collects physical games, i was so happy this cancer wasnt anywhere near this gen of games, until now. it looks just as tacky, forced, and ugly as youd expect.
I'm glad they didn't do it for Horizon because I was able to get the blue case for $16. Now I have to settle for an ugly red case for Yakuza 0.

I'm glad they didn't do it for Horizon because I was able to get the blue case for $16. Now I have to settle for an ugly red case for Yakuza 0.
nah, just dodge the red ones when the price drops.

gamestop and best buy still have new copies of older prints. ebay and gamestops used section should have them too.

I grudgingly bought GH games last gen with the hideous red case. Not doing it again this year. Either I get the regular packaging the moment the price cuts happen or I don't buy the game. I don't buy digital either. So if Sony wants to lose money, they will release the hideous red cases.

..Dude, are you a bull or something? That seems like a disproportionate amount of anger anger towards the color red.
It looks wrong on my shelf. I don't like the fucking rainbow on my shelf. PS2 had black cases, PS3 had clear cases, PS4 has blue cases, and GH games have red cases. Yes, I'm fucking mad.

Get games for the same going rate as before, only now with an ugly lable!! Thanks Sony!
Oh you want these games for cheap? Fine, but no pretty case for you! ...is kinda how it goes with these "greatest hits". Why not just lower the MSRP and just leave it at that. Most of these games are kinda there anyway.

..Dude, are you a bull or something? That seems like a disproportionate amount of anger anger towards the color red.
And what's wrong with gamer bulls? You don't know us, don't judge.

Typically i avoid the GH versions of games unless it's also the only way to get a complete version.  I think with PS3, Red Dead Redemption GoTY edition was only a Greatest Hits.  So, yeah, that's the one I bought.

Who remembers when Circuit City use to run a buy 2 for $30 sale on Greatest Hits games back in the day?
It's always fun driving around and spotting an old CC that is now some mom and pop shop. One was turned into a premium liquor store where I used to live. Massive upgrade I'd say.

If you want the game but not the case, just get an old ps4 sports game that's a few dollars or something and switch the case to the normal blue. However, you will have to live with the greatest hits label on the paper cover and game disk.    

bread's done
Back