* * - - - 3 votes

Playstation 4 Greatest Hits arriving June 28th ($19.99 msrp)

#61 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:22 AM

I just got a PS4 Pro over e3 week so cool for me. I was late to the PS2 party also and by that time the PS2 greatest hits library was huge. Target used to run 3 for $30 deals every couple months. I still have a backlog from that. Hopefully Horizon is in the next round.

Horizon has been 10$ base game and 20 complete at Best Buy all week

#62 Omega X  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

It's always fun driving around and spotting an old CC that is now some mom and pop shop. One was turned into a premium liquor store where I used to live. Massive upgrade I'd say.

My old Circuit City turned into a Best Buy.

#63 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   530 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

My old Circuit City turned into a Best Buy.

My CC turned into an HHGregg.

#64 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13522 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

Lol, the curse is real on that one.

#65 bluenoodledeluxe  

bluenoodledeluxe

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

You got me excited and it's on clearance for $1 off lmao.

If you check target im seeing prices in my area going for 8.98 unfortunately for me they're all sold out. So I recommend people check brickseek

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

#66 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

Typically i avoid the GH versions of games unless it's also the only way to get a complete version. I think with PS3, Red Dead Redemption GoTY edition was only a Greatest Hits. So, yeah, that's the one I bought.

Btw 1st print run of RDR GotY edition with the shiny/metallic cover was in a clear case, the GH version came in a red case with the regular colored non-shiny metallic cover, found a lone copy of a 1st print run one a few years ago at Walmart lol, had never own the undead dlc before just the base game in a GH box so traded in the base game

#67 maykol   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

You got me excited and it's on clearance for $1 off lmao.

Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook has the best cover art you will ever see on a Steelbook. It is worth it! I wished every single game had that much detail. Definitely one of the best things in my collection.

#68 JEW UNIT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

Thanx for the heads up. I'll go to BB on Thursday and pick it up. Do you know if they will price match the $20 if it's the original label?

#69 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1999 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hey, it's totally possible these new red cases have a different design than the garbage blue ones that have 99% chance of the disc popping out. ;)

#70 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Hey, it's totally possible these new red cases have a different design than the garbage blue ones that have 99% chance of the disc popping out. ;)

Ha like I said I'm new to the PS4 these last couple weeks and I'm 3 for 4 on loose discs so far

#71 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:02 PM

Why would anyone wait for such horrid ruined art covers?.......ugh.....not worth any discounted price.

#72 limelight022  

limelight022

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

NO NOT THE RED CASES, WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!?!

#73 EvlAsh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Why would anyone wait for such horrid ruined art covers?.......ugh.....not worth any discounted price.

That is why you secure your copy now and then price match when the price officially drops this coming week. :D 

And if it's anything like last gen, then the GH titles should carry the same UPC and catalogue numbers.

#74 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:50 PM

I liked the green PSOne line

*twitches uncontrollably*

Your... opinion is invalid.

#75 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2467 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

That is why you secure your copy now and then price match when the price officially drops this coming week. :D

And if it's anything like last gen, then the GH titles should carry the same UPC and catalogue numbers.

Is that always the case? I know at least some of Nintendo's player's choice line for Wii u used different ISBNs compared to their regular line.

#76 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5760 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

Is that always the case? I know at least some of Nintendo's player's choice line for Wii u used different ISBNs compared to their regular line.

Now is the perfect time to walk around in stores taking photos of the UPC codes on the backs of PS4 cases while explaining what you're doing to junior detective store employees who will assume you're the head of some huge shoplifting ring. If the police don't seize your phone as evidence of a crime you haven't actually committed, you can compare UPC numbers after the Greatest Hits versions are released. :)

#77 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2467 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:25 AM

Now is the perfect time to walk around in stores taking photos of the UPC codes on the backs of PS4 cases while explaining what you're doing to junior detective store employees who will assume you're the head of some huge shoplifting ring. If the police don't seize your phone as evidence of a crime you haven't actually committed, you can compare UPC numbers after the Greatest Hits versions are released. :)

Lol - I don't care about the red cases or other packaging. given the lion's share of games now don't have manuals it doesn't matter to me.

#78 EvlAsh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

Most of the time it is the case. Of course there are exceptions as you noted with Nintendo. But in my past experiences with PS2; PS3; and Xbox 360, their Greatest Hits and Platinum Hits always carried the same UPC / catalogue numbers when the content was identical to the normal release. Now, if the content is different -- as was the case with Silent Hill 2 GH which featured additional content not found in the normal release -- then it will obviously have a different ISBN / UPC / catalogue number.

Of course things can change this current gen (I doubt it); but just in case it doesn't,  it doesn't hurt to secure the "blue label" versions of the games you want. The worst that can happen is that you have to do a return if the UPC changes. :-P

#79 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:21 AM

Of course things can change this current gen (I doubt it); but just in case it doesn't,  it doesn't hurt to secure the "blue label" versions of the games you want. The worst that can happen is that you have to do a return if the UPC changes. :-P

Why would you need to secure anything? Do you think the millions of copies already in circulation are going to disappear soon?

#80 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2954 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Well if someone is passionate enough about getting the game cheap but not getting the red case, a few precautions wouldn't be a bad idea.

#81 EvlAsh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Why would you need to secure anything? Do you think the millions of copies already in circulation are going to disappear soon?

No, they won't all disappear but once GH or PH titles are introduced, the chances of finding the blue label gets reduced. Product distribution is not equal in all areas, so some retailers might receive normal editions only, GH / PH editions only, or a mixture of both during re-shipments.

#82 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8198 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

I'm surprised Yakuza Kuwami is part of the firstbatch. Game isnt even that old. That being said majority of these can be had for $20 or less alrwady. Great deal on Yakuza 0 though.

#83 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:18 AM

Yakuza 0 (the old version) is listed on Best Buy's site already at $19.99. They still have steelbook copies of Kiwami available for shipping also.

#84 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:22 AM

Yakuza 0 (the old version) is listed on Best Buy's site already at $19.99. They still have steelbook copies of Kiwami available for shipping also.

Nice catch. Going to get a blue cover of 0 before the red cases invade.

#85 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2319 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

Also, MGS V : The Definitive Experience price-dropped to $19.99 @ Best Buy stores, as well.  Time to go shop shop.

#86 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Also, MGS V : The Definitive Experience price-dropped to $19.99 @ Best Buy stores, as well.  Time to go shop shop.

That game was so disappointing. Felt more like a Splinter Cell tech demo than MGS.

#87 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2319 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

The transparent red case for these games actually looks pretty dope.  Also, a few of these re-releases preserved the double-sided cover artworks to shield you from the horrendous front red banner (i.e. The Last of Us and Second Son).

#88 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2467 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Picked up Yakuza 0 at Best Buy and also PM'ed .Hack last recode there.

#89 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2007 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:21 AM

Picked up Yakuza 0 at Best Buy and also PM'ed .Hack last recode there.

Is .hack on sale somewhere?

#90 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:22 AM

Is .hack on sale somewhere?

It’s $19.99 “NEW” at GameStop