* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#30181 Parzival  

Parzival

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:11 AM

Hey if you are near Napa, check out the Walmart thread for an amazing deal.

which deal are you referring to? i don’t see anything about near napa in particular in that thread?

#30182 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:16 AM

which deal are you referring to? i don’t see anything about near napa in particular in that thread?

https://www.cheapass...aqs/?p=14291220

Diablo 3 Switch for $5

#30183 Parzival  

Parzival

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:23 AM

good looks, @sephiroth

#30184 i Heart INdie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

i Heart INdie

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:23 AM

is it me, but entering the 16s code(s) gives an error. I'm aware that it doesn't stack on the B2G1, but it shouldn't give an error if I want to buy one game. Can anyone try and report back for me? <3

#30185 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:54 AM

doing the same for me, they may have disabled it for the weekend

#30186 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:14 AM

Looks like another round of closures are coming this week, the CA store I did a pickup at told me that this GS was closing by Thursday and to use one of the others in the area.

I do wonder if this time they will be shipping stuff back to HQ, from what I can tell GS in the area are still only doing pickups so I'm guessing there isn't going to be any liquidations sale at this one.

Still surprised it was that one, it was a mostly well kept prestige, and I didn't bother to ask about the meh one in the area....

#30187 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:52 AM

instead of actually not having codes stack gamestop just disables all codes when they have a big deal.

#30188 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3385 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

Looks like another round of closures are coming this week, the CA store I did a pickup at told me that this GS was closing by Thursday and to use one of the others in the area.

I do wonder if this time they will be shipping stuff back to HQ, from what I can tell GS in the area are still only doing pickups so I'm guessing there isn't going to be any liquidations sale at this one.

Still surprised it was that one, it was a mostly well kept prestige, and I didn't bother to ask about the meh one in the area....

NorCal or SoCal?

#30189 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:48 PM

Are gamestop stores in Los Angeles open for walk in customers or is it only curbside pickup?

Im hoping to use my monthly $5 power up on a $10 psn card. Did this eithout trouble in march before the closings.

#30190 Parzival  

Parzival

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:02 PM

good looks, @sephiroth

#30191 Eutaoo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:24 PM

Have noticed that GS seems to be using USPS more, probably just because they're getting so many orders. Almost half my orders are now USPS deliveries.

Ordered P5 to ship and 2 others for store pickup and P5 has shipped and been picked up by USPS before my in store pickups are even ready. They seem to be much more reliable and quick compared to UPS during this

#30192 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5175 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:36 PM

Really?  I've gotten all my packages through ups oddly enough besides the first one I ordered back during the very start of the buy 2 get 2.

#30193 Eutaoo  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

Also, not sure if anyone else is having any issues with this, but all my order tracking have a delivery date of the 1st. Even the ones that said they were supposed to be here today. Not sure if something happened or if its just a glitch.

#30194 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM

Anyone ever redeemed those online reward certificates you can get using your points? I went and redeemed a $5 one which game me a code but for the life of me, I dont know how to redeem it or if I can. I pasted the code they gave me in the promo code section when you go to the cart and I get this message saying coupon cannot be added to your cart. I dont know how else to use it. Im pretty sure I may have screwed myself over cuz its Gamestop.

#30195 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1359 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

WARNING: Rant ahead

Well I had ordered some more games from the B2G2 sale this past Thursday and selected a store I go to every once in a while for pickup. Order was ready early Thursday afternoon, just wasn't able to go pick them up then (my mom and I bought a new puppy home). Went to the store yesterday to pick up the games and called several times while waiting outside.

I gave up after several attempts and saw that no one was there. Decided to call today to see if they are actually open before going back over there. Get the recording and it states that to protect the health and safety of customers and employees they have temporarily closed that location. So I call my home store and ask what I should do since I can't pick up the games. He said either let it cancel on it's own or cancel it on my end to get a refund.

He tells me that they're working on a completely voluntary basis and it might be the employee working at the other store may have been sickened with COVID-19 (taken with a grain of salt because I have no idea what may have happened). He also said that his store is open to foot traffic and mentioned the B2G1 sale. So I call customer service to cancel the order, thankfully I was only on hold for about 35 minutes before talking with a representative. Got the request submitted to cancel the order and she said it can take up to 24 hours for it to take effect and issue the refund.

Hopefully the employee (and his/her family) at the store where I was going to pick up the games at is doing well health wise.

/rant

#30196 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23216 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:38 PM

Have noticed that GS seems to be using USPS more, probably just because they're getting so many orders. Almost half my orders are now USPS deliveries.

Ordered P5 to ship and 2 others for store pickup and P5 has shipped and been picked up by USPS before my in store pickups are even ready. They seem to be much more reliable and quick compared to UPS during this

Really?  I've gotten all my packages through ups oddly enough besides the first one I ordered back during the very start of the buy 2 get 2.

I've never had GS use USPS directly, only the UPS Innovations or whatever where UPS handles the transport for the most part but the USPS handles the local delivery. 

#30197 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4045 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

Also, not sure if anyone else is having any issues with this, but all my order tracking have a delivery date of the 1st. Even the ones that said they were supposed to be here today. Not sure if something happened or if its just a glitch.

I dont know, but my friend had a package from usps that said it was delivered yesterday morning, but we were checking all day. Then today the package is in the lockbox, but the tracking said it was already delivered.

Anyway, got a email saying they will either send a replacement or refund within x amount of time. The tracking said it was left at the door, but i know that it never came because the other package came and they knocked before leaving it. Not sure what happened. It was for 4 switch games that said 1 lbs. Wonder how they shipped it....

#30198 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2408 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Are gamestop stores in Los Angeles open for walk in customers or is it only curbside pickup?

Im hoping to use my monthly $5 power up on a $10 psn card. Did this eithout trouble in march before the closings.

I got this done. Curbside pickup only. Called up the store and told them i wanted to use my $5 monthly reward on an eshop $10 card. Got this done in minutes. This was probably my best and fastest gamestop shopping experience ever.

#30199 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

Maybe I shouldn’t be expecting my replacement any time soon. Funny thing is they are sending me a replacement for my new game that came in a preowned case. If they sent me a new like I ordered, they wouldn’t have lost money on my purchase.

Got an email last night that just states "Your Order Has Shipped" in the subject line but only a Gamestop logo in the actual email body. I'm hoping it's the replacement order I've been waiting for since I haven't ordered anything lately.

#30200 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

NorCal or SoCal?

North.

Anyone ever redeemed those online reward certificates you can get using your points? I went and redeemed a $5 one which game me a code but for the life of me, I dont know how to redeem it or if I can. I pasted the code they gave me in the promo code section when you go to the cart and I get this message saying coupon cannot be added to your cart. I dont know how else to use it. Im pretty sure I may have screwed myself over cuz its Gamestop.

It isn't you, their rewards certificates are just a buggy mess.

It would be so much easier if they counted it as a $x gift code.

#30201 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted Yesterday, 12:37 AM

WARNING: Rant ahead

Well I had ordered some more games from the B2G2 sale this past Thursday and selected a store I go to every once in a while for pickup. Order was ready early Thursday afternoon, just wasn't able to go pick them up then (my mom and I bought a new puppy home). Went to the store yesterday to pick up the games and called several times while waiting outside.

I gave up after several attempts and saw that no one was there. Decided to call today to see if they are actually open before going back over there. Get the recording and it states that to protect the health and safety of customers and employees they have temporarily closed that location. So I call my home store and ask what I should do since I can't pick up the games. He said either let it cancel on it's own or cancel it on my end to get a refund.

He tells me that they're working on a completely voluntary basis and it might be the employee working at the other store may have been sickened with COVID-19 (taken with a grain of salt because I have no idea what may have happened). He also said that his store is open to foot traffic and mentioned the B2G1 sale. So I call customer service to cancel the order, thankfully I was only on hold for about 35 minutes before talking with a representative. Got the request submitted to cancel the order and she said it can take up to 24 hours for it to take effect and issue the refund.

Hopefully the employee (and his/her family) at the store where I was going to pick up the games at is doing well health wise.

/rant

The store near me was suddenly closed for two days because the only remaining employee had stomach issues. He's only a key holder; the store no longer even has a manager. These are strange times at the 'Stop.

#30202 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   914 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 AM

Got an email last night that just states "Your Order Has Shipped" in the subject line but only a Gamestop logo in the actual email body. I'm hoping it's the replacement order I've been waiting for since I haven't ordered anything lately.

Yeah that's the "you bothered us so be happy we acknowledged you" email. They send it with replacements or refunds. I hope I get one soon. Been waiting for a replacement since the start of March but the game hasn't come back in stock so finally called them today after they ignored my email. They said they were sending me a refund now so we shall see.

#30203 Babysinclair  

Babysinclair

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 AM

I had a dispute with GameStop about a preorder item, I emailed them and 3 weeks later they sent me an email stating the have a high volume of emails sent to them and if my problem wasn’t resolved to email them. The couldn’t even bother to reply to the original email. Who is running their operations?

#30204 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1359 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted Yesterday, 05:56 AM

The store near me was suddenly closed for two days because the only remaining employee had stomach issues. He's only a key holder; the store no longer even has a manager. These are strange times at the 'Stop.

Strange times indeed. Someone could've put a sign in the door saying the store was temporarily shutting down again starting yesterday. It kinda bugs because I was looking forward to playing those particular games. It's all good though as everything happens for a reason and maybe it wasn't for me to get them from that store.

Once the Memorial Day sale is over I look for those games at other GS stores or local game and/or pawn shops.

#30205 elessar123  

Posted Yesterday, 06:14 AM

It's been like that with a code I redeemed like 10 days ago. The code before that one worked.

#30206 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted Yesterday, 02:55 PM

I know not all stores are taking trades (mine are), but I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page. Do they not take it in or just take new 3Ds as regular 3DS??

#30207 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:27 PM

I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page. 

Sometimes items don't show up on the website/app for trades but still can be traded instore.  The black v1 elite controller for instance.

Regardless I wouldn't recommend trading it as the mario n3ds currently has pretty decent cash value - much better than gs would give you in tc.

#30208 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6785 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM

I know not all stores are taking trades (mine are), but I can’t find New 3DS (Mario Black Friday 2016) on their trade in page. Do they not take it in or just take new 3Ds as regular 3DS??

You are better off selling that anyways. They go for $180+ used. The highest trade for a 3DS at Gamestop is $40 right now.

#30209 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 PM

If i cancel an online order that I used trade credit on Ill have to call them to get the credit back on the card right? or does it go back automatically? I Thought I read on here before that people had to call to get the credit back and Im not 100% sure I want to cancel said order, but if I have to deal with support to get the $$ back Ill probably just let the order go through

#30210 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 PM

If i cancel an online order that I used trade credit on Ill have to call them to get the credit back on the card right? or does it go back automatically? I Thought I read on here before that people had to call to get the credit back and Im not 100% sure I want to cancel said order, but if I have to deal with support to get the $$ back Ill probably just let the order go through

If you have open stores nearby, it would be much easier to let it ship then return to store.  It can be a huge pain to get credit back.  In some cases due to terrible CS I never did get it back and just ate the loss.