* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#30781 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   681 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:44 AM

Amused how they frantically removed "limited edition" and the picture from the listing mid-day. 

Hmm, on the website for me it still shows the limited edition of the game on the deal of the day page, but it doesn't have a price reduction. I don't see another version of the game on their website at all actually. Amazing.

I locked mine in before they even opened though and got it no problem. It was just the normal version of the game though, not that I really care. Just wanted it for the great price.

#30782 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   611 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:30 AM

Placed my order. Now, to wait and see how MS/Bing rebates work out.

DaveM, your CAG year1, that's the average amount per flip? That's some good CAG'n!

#30783 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:52 AM

Like I posted earlier, Gamestop did not send me an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller. They sent me a similar looking one but I can't find this controller anywhere online so not quite sure what is it really. It has the blue metallic color on both back handles and clear buttons with blue color but that's where the comparisons stop. It's not that cool blue color on the front at all and there are no colored dots between the buttons.

Has anyone here ever gotten anything weird like this from GS before? The controller was used and they don't have it in stock on the website and the only store within 100 miles(15 miles from me) that has it in stock is Covid closed and the controller is brand new. I'm gonna call up GS customer service but I think the best thing that can happen is I will have to send it back and just get refund. Bummer too cuz I really wanted the Ocean Shadow but that's the risk you take buying used.

#30784 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:56 AM

They changed the free shipping from $35 to $50?! Wtf Gamestop. Decided to not pull the trigger. They are so full of it.

#30785 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5537 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:00 AM

They changed the free shipping from $35 to $50?! Wtf Gamestop. Decided to not pull the trigger. They are so full of it.

They probably still don't count clearance prices towards that $50 free shipping too.

#30786 IMikeU   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:34 AM

Went and picked up the daily deal today... The Surge 2 limited edition. Was handed the standard edition.. anyone else get the bait and switch?

#30787 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   28 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:10 AM

Went and picked up the daily deal today... The Surge 2 limited edition. Was handed the standard edition.. anyone else get the bait and switch?

My friend once told me it was just a cardboard sleeve with the base game, and seeing the deal of the day is for pre owned, thats probably how it was traded in.

#30788 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1093 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:16 AM

Death Stranding pre owned has been removed from the 50% offer.

Had it in my cart, now it shows at $25 with a note that it is not included in the offer... spooky eh?

Same thing happened with Days Gone.

#30789 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:57 AM

ship.png

......huh

Edit:  Meant to quote crackadon on his comment with the free shipping

#30790 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:02 AM

So what are the chances of a stealth trade in bump post PS5 announcement?!

$0.01 >>> $0.02?

I can see the ad now 100% TRADE IN BONUS*

*Trade in bonus only valid on games with a base trade in of 25 cents or less.

#30791 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1111 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Like I posted earlier, Gamestop did not send me an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller. They sent me a similar looking one but I can't find this controller anywhere online so not quite sure what is it really. It has the blue metallic color on both back handles and clear buttons with blue color but that's where the comparisons stop. It's not that cool blue color on the front at all and there are no colored dots between the buttons.

Has anyone here ever gotten anything weird like this from GS before? The controller was used and they don't have it in stock on the website and the only store within 100 miles(15 miles from me) that has it in stock is Covid closed and the controller is brand new. I'm gonna call up GS customer service but I think the best thing that can happen is I will have to send it back and just get refund. Bummer too cuz I really wanted the Ocean Shadow but that's the risk you take buying used.

Could it be a custom made controller from the Xbox design lab? That’s the only thing I can think of. Someone ordered a custom designed one right from Xbox and one day just traded it in

#30792 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:55 PM

Could it be a custom made controller from the Xbox design lab? That’s the only thing I can think of. Someone ordered a custom designed one right from Xbox and one day just traded it in

I was thinking the same thing. They probably just selected the ocean one just to get it in the system

#30793 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   622 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

DaveM, your CAG year1, that's the average amount per flip? That's some good CAG'n!

Yep, though when I started it was using my dusty library of PS3/360/Wii/DS/3DS games I bought over the years but never played, so I started with ~300 credit that cost me ~$900 over the previous 10 years to begin the flipping and haven't spent a cent out of pocket since! So far year 2 is pretty crap.. no trade / flip opportunities for GS since early March, just liquidating GS credit to Amazon before they also stopped. 

I can see the ad now 100% TRADE IN BONUS*

*Trade in bonus only valid on games with a base trade in of 25 cents or less.

Looks like values held from yesterday, might trade in after the PS5 announcement today! Either they do a bump/bonus soon and I look dumb, or the values all crater and I wished I traded in more. Mostly just sticking with duplicates today. Usually next gen systems only offer bonuses on trading in old systems and not games I think? 

#30794 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

there is currently no working discount code right? no CAG16?  got a big order i'm about to place but don't want to find out after i could have saved 16%

#30795 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Really surprised the flash sale is still going for a 3rd day in a row. DOTDs being excluded from the discount kinda sucks but they count towards your 5+ to get to 50%. 

It's going all the way through the end of the week 6/13 

#30796 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

Really surprised the flash sale is still going for a 3rd day in a row. DOTDs being excluded from the discount kinda sucks but they count towards your 5+ to get to 50%. 

It would be nice if it would work in-store one way or another (through website purchase or standard walking in and doing a normal transaction)

#30797 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:54 PM

ugh, can't believe i fell back into the gamestop website trap. Just spent $340 but got 34 games. I tried to stick with all cartridges but got a few PS3 and PS4 games too, since at the very least those are hard to scratch up too much.

#30798 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

Has anyone who’s pre-ordered a game for shipping to home from GS ever gotten it on release day (with free shipping)?

#30799 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

CheapyD's post from a day ago mentions it is going on until 6/21...

#30800 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1423 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

there is currently no working discount code right? no CAG16?  got a big order i'm about to place but don't want to find out after i could have saved 16%

My guess is that CAG16 has been disabled until the flash sale is over. GS typically disables any working codes when they have big online sales. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

#30801 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

There seems to be a glitch where I cannot pickup a game in-store unless it is available for shipping (need to add to cart as ship, and then change to pickup in cart). Anyone know a way around this?

This might only help one or two people, but I found an extreme workaround if the conditions are perfect. There needs to be a version of the game in stock to ship and available for pickup new and pre-owned at a location. For my example, mega man zx collection for switch I wanted to pickup pre-owned from my local store, but it is not available to ship new, so you can't even add it to cart. What I did was added the PS4 version to cart (in stock to ship) and then found a store that had it new and pre-owned to pickup. Go to your cart you can change the item from ship to pick up, and then new to pre-owned. Then you can change it the system from PS4 to Switch. Then you can change the store back to the one you actually want to pick up from. As far as I can tell the physical game needs to be available to ship, adding a digital game to your cart won't let you change to pre-owned. Of course you're SOL on console exclusive games or games that don't have new options like older systems.

#30802 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:49 PM

Cag16 is working for me, and so is free shipping even with <$50 in my cart.

Man, their website is something else.

#30803 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

Nope, not gonna try it here haha...don't want to be tempted to buy more games that will go into my backlog!

#30804 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

My browser has always showed $35 free shipping, even when people said it switched to $45/$50. Maybe it's based on location? I live in Michigan.

#30805 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   28 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

Every single time i open a new tab for gamestop website, it switches between free shipping on orders over $35, $45, and $50. I am using safari.

I also cannot seem to trigger free shipping at all even when order goes past $50. Ive tried switching the options, but do not see any form of shipping discounts.

#30806 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

CheapyD's post from a day ago mentions it is going on until 6/21...

LOL... a 2 week "flash" sale?  Gamestop doesn't know the meaning of flash if this is accurate.

#30807 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

This might only help one or two people, but I found an extreme workaround if the conditions are perfect. There needs to be a version of the game in stock to ship and available for pickup new and pre-owned at a location. For my example, mega man zx collection for switch I wanted to pickup pre-owned from my local store, but it is not available to ship new, so you can't even add it to cart. What I did was added the PS4 version to cart (in stock to ship) and then found a store that had it new and pre-owned to pickup. Go to your cart you can change the item from ship to pick up, and then new to pre-owned. Then you can change it the system from PS4 to Switch. Then you can change the store back to the one you actually want to pick up from. As far as I can tell the physical game needs to be available to ship, adding a digital game to your cart won't let you change to pre-owned. Of course you're SOL on console exclusive games or games that don't have new options like older systems.

Thanks. It's better than absolutely nothing.

It's amazing how much more clever people are in trying to make gamestop's website work than gamestop are.

Of course, turning off pick it up in store may be intentional this time. It would be easier to figure out when their website glitches vs when it's intentional if the company were the least bit transparent with their customers.

It is really looking like they're trying to clear out their online reserves or the stores that are part of the online shipping system. I don't know what's going on but all of these sales indicate that something unique is occurring.

And I don't agree that it's to "clear out last-gen." That's fine (clearing out space in the stores to make room for new consoles), but they have their retro wing now; why wouldn't they just ship last gen games to the retro warehouses? When they did the clear outs previously (ps2 etc gen), they didn't have a retro system set up yet.

#30808 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:18 PM

Thanks. It's better than absolutely nothing.

It's amazing how much more clever people are in trying to make gamestop's website work than gamestop are.

Of course, turning off pick it up in store may be intentional this time. It would be easier to figure out when their website glitches vs when it's intentional if the company were the least bit transparent with their customers.

It is really looking like they're trying to clear out their online reserves or the stores that are part of the online shipping system. I don't know what's going on but all of these sales indicate that something unique is occurring.

And I don't agree that it's to "clear out last-gen." That's fine (clearing out space in the stores to make room for new consoles), but they have their retro wing now; why wouldn't they just ship last gen games to the retro warehouses? When they did the clear outs previously (ps2 etc gen), they didn't have a retro system set up yet.

Maybe they just want to sell the games to make money? Having sales to sell lots of inventory to make money isnt strange. Especially if the vast majority of that inventory is only going to depreciate.

Edit: Not necessarily you, and im not mancrushing on Gamestop, but everybody complains about lack of sales then now too many sales?

#30809 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

its working on games in the flash sale?

#30810 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2447 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

Maybe they just want to sell the games to make money? Having sales to sell lots of inventory to make money isnt strange. Especially if the vast majority of that inventory is only going to depreciate.

Edit: Not necessarily you, and im not mancrushing on Gamestop, but everybody complains about lack of sales then now too many sales?

This was a great sale but at this point the inventory isn't there to make it worth trying to make an order.