* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#31381 gourgi18  

gourgi18

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:47 PM

So just to make sure there is no sale in store today other than certain games prices lower right? No buy # get # free

#31382 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1235 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:51 PM

So just to make sure there is no sale in store today other than certain games prices lower right? No buy # get # free

Correct

#31383 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   614 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:53 PM

Just noticed this, but for the life of me I can't find even five $10 games I want and don't yet own, let alone 16.

Same here, and I only recently got a PS4 and I already have all the big hits (multiple copies due to the B4G8 fun + DoP) I actually want to play far exceeding the time I have available.. so the only reason I would participate now is to build stock for flipping back to GS/amazon or cash out using CSAC ... but neither of those are options at the moment, so just going to sit on my credit and hope GS doesn't go under :-

I still compare all deals to the B2G2 from last December on all pre-owned that stacked with CAG ($55 game for $22 = 60% off) .. makes it easier to pass on these "liquidation" events

#31384 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2446 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:44 AM

People had B6G10 for $9.99 games? I had the price jump when I put in the 14th game like someone else had said.

#31385 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:49 AM

Surprisingly both my BXGX orders shipped (multiple shipments since they’re from stores).

#31386 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:04 AM

You can get 5 games for $26 shipped - if they’re all 9.99 games that is and you’re trying to control your buying. Mostly scraps left but I was able to get Sexy Brutale, which hasn’t been in stock online for a while. Don’t force yourself to buy 16 games for $60 if you’re gonna regret it

I just played Brutale like a week ago. It's a fun, quirky game with some nice twists.

#31387 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:07 AM

Same here, and I only recently got a PS4 and I already have all the big hits (multiple copies due to the B4G8 fun + DoP) I actually want to play far exceeding the time I have available.. so the only reason I would participate now is to build stock for flipping back to GS/amazon or cash out using CSAC ... but neither of those are options at the moment, so just going to sit on my credit and hope GS doesn't go under :-

I still compare all deals to the B2G2 from last December on all pre-owned that stacked with CAG ($55 game for $22 = 60% off) .. makes it easier to pass on these "liquidation" events

Dave I think you need to talk to someone if all you think about when you see video games is flipping them, as there are some of us here that actually enjoy playing them

Of course this isn't as good as a B2G2, but the odds of them doing a B2G2 on everything again (AND everything being in stock) are extremely low. Not to mention I doubt CAG will ever work again during a BXGX since it doesn't even work on deals of the day. $33 each is still VERY good and those games will hold values for years.

#31388 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23456 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:10 AM

Of course this isn't as good as a B2G2, but the odds of them doing a B2G2 on everything again (AND everything being in stock) are extremely low. Not to mention I doubt CAG will ever work again during a BXGX since it doesn't even work on deals of the day. $33 each is still VERY good and those games will hold values for years.

I didn't think we'd see a B2G1F for a while and instead, see some promos for trade-ins. I have no clue how they still have anything left.. 

#31389 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:13 AM

I logged on last night but I couldn't find anything for the Switch that was worth trying to work a deal out for... sigh.

#31390 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   614 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

Dave I think you need to talk to someone if all you think about when you see video games is flipping them, as there are some of us here that actually enjoy playing them

I enjoy flipping as much as I like playing video games. I assume most people are here to both be cheap and game. Being cheap for me = not paying a cent out of pocket which requires flipping. So not blowing my credit load on deals that are poor investment in my eyes. (investment = flip potential or gaming enjoyment) Sure you can say $33 for a game that will "hold value for years" is worth it to you. I don't think it is now that max trade-in-value is 30, especially if you need to buy 9 just to get there. Return isn't high enough for me.

ps - Currently playing TLOU2 which I can only play when the kids go to sleep, but old and need to take a break every hour to rest  :beer:

#31391 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:42 AM

I enjoy flipping as much as I like playing video games. I assume most people are here to both be cheap and game. Being cheap for me = not paying a cent out of pocket which requires flipping. So not blowing my credit load on deals that are poor investment in my eyes. (investment = flip potential or gaming enjoyment) Sure you can say $33 for a game that will "hold value for years" is worth it to you. I don't think it is now that max trade-in-value is 30, especially if you need to buy 9 just to get there. 

ps - Currently playing TLOU2 which I can only play when the kids go to sleep, but old and need to take a break every hour to rest  :beer:

How is TLOU2?  I don't have much time to play - about 4 hrs a week.  I hear there are mix reviews and may just wait to Cyberpunk.

#31392 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5425 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:45 AM

People had B6G10 for $9.99 games? I had the price jump when I put in the 14th game like someone else had said.

Yeah I can't get it to work either.  Apparently it only works on certain games adding to the cart back and forth or something.

#31393 Da_Mole  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:46 AM

I'd say it's all hype and no substance. It actively goes against character portrayals from the previous game and it constantly tries to find ways to make you feel miserable. I know the whole point of it is revenge and what not, but if I wanted a depressing story I'd rather watch a movie than play a game.

#31394 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   614 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:47 AM

How is TLOU2?  I don't have much time to play - about 4 hrs a week.  I hear there are mix reviews and may just wait to Cyberpunk.

If you've read any of the no-spoiler reviews, I'm right when the story changes to the another perspective and (in my personal opinion) less enjoyable as I having a hard time liking the other perspective's cast. I'm also a dog person, but these dogs aren't that believable. 

#31395 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:47 AM

I'd say it's all hype and no substance. It actively goes against character portrayals from the previous game and it constantly tries to find ways to make you feel miserable. I know the whole point of it is revenge and what not, but if I wanted a depressing story I'd rather watch a movie than play a game.

Geez... Yeah I will probably passs

#31396 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:14 AM

So you guys think gamestop will give $300+ for PS4 Pro, if they have PS5 trade in promotion?

Haven't used PS4 in months, can live without it as i got a switch/PC.

Will save that for the PS5.

Someone offering me $330 local for my 2tb PS4. Just don't want to wait and then PS4s start flooding the market in next couple of months.

#31397 Narton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:44 AM

Does the $5 Online Only coupon that you can get on the poweruprewards center coupon work on digital eshop cards?

#31398 kemosahbe  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:45 AM

So you guys think gamestop will give $300+ for PS4 Pro, if they have PS5 trade in promotion?

Someone offering me $330 local for my 2tb PS4. Just don't want to wait and then PS4s start flooding the market in next couple of months.

Honestly that’s probably the most you’d get out of it for the console alone. If you’re set on getting rid of it you won’t get a better trade offer at GameStop than that.

#31399 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:59 AM

Does the $5 Online Only coupon that you can get on the poweruprewards center coupon work on digital eshop cards?

No dice for use toward digital items. I redeemed points for one and it's not working on anything physical right now.

#31400 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:58 AM

Take the offer. They’re not going to give $300 for the Pro.

#31401 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:19 AM

I pulled the trigger on a B5G4 Switch lot, came out to $296 with tax.  I'm tempted to try the B6G10 but what a pain to find that many $10 games I havent bought already.

#31402 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:25 AM

I pulled the trigger on a B5G4 Switch lot, came out to $296 with tax.  I'm tempted to try the B6G10 but what a pain to find that many $10 games I havent bought already.

Yeah I did B5G8 and was really struggling in the end... not worth  it.  

#31403 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:32 AM

Geez... Yeah I will probably passs

Just watch videos of it. I beat it tonight. Had to lower the difficulty so I could just mow down enemy because it was becoming a slog to play. Gameplay is not good. Story is okay but not really worth mentioning. Definitely didn’t deserve all these perfect 10s.

#31404 Lumas101  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:09 AM

Main page is advertising B2G2 $14.99 and Under. Typing in Dotdweek22sun is showing B2G1 or B5G3 all preowned. So essentially one free game better than yesterday.

Also, for whatever it’s worth I loved TLOU 2 and thought it was better than the original.

#31405 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5913 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

Just watch videos of it. I beat it tonight. Had to lower the difficulty so I could just mow down enemy because it was becoming a slog to play. Gameplay is not good. Story is okay but not really worth mentioning. Definitely didn’t deserve all these perfect 10s.

What are your complaints on the gameplay?

#31406 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

Yeah I did B5G8 and was really struggling in the end... not worth  it.  

I shouldn't have doubted myself. I got B6G10 for $64, all $10 games, I just doubled up on a few. Keep one, flip one.

But every time I think GS can't lower the customer service bar any further, they do. Just got this from customer service in response to an email about a refund:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.
Don't hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.
Regards,
Roman Leiva
GameStop Guest Care

#31407 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

What are your complaints on the gameplay?

It's typical ND mechanics. Uncharted and Last of Us are pretty much carbon copies. Melee combat is satisfying though. Gunplay is not unless you're sniping for headshots(but there isn't enough of that, either because you can't play stealth with a rifle or because you quickly run out of ammo). And you get the best gun at the end of the game, which is a joke.

#31408 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:56 AM

Ended up doing a B5G8 on $9.99 games, all with games I also didn't need, but you literally cant beat getting them for just a bit over $4. Looks like it's still live too.

EDIT: Deal is dead now. Looks like they removed the banner entirely for the B2G2 under $15 so I'm not sure if that's even a thing.

#31409 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock. All pre-owned ps4 controllers are on sale today for $29.99. I just brought it:
https://www.gamestop...www.google.com/.

Did they fix it

#31410 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Somehow, GS has the dualshock 4 500 million limited edition CONTROLLER (not the system), pre-owned in stock. All pre-owned ps4 controllers are on sale today for $29.99. I just brought it:
https://www.gamestop...www.google.com/.

Not to be a downer but I ordered an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller used and what they sent me was just a black custom made controller with similar buttons and blue color handles on the back. Instead of going through the process of returning it since no store within 100 miles had it in stock, I just sold it for $10 more than I bought it for.

I'm not saying that's what happened to you and I hope you get what you ordered but just a heads up.