* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#32221 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

I have an order from the 3rd still awaiting pickup. Again, relax. This is nothing abnormal for them.

Well, she told me my order was lost. USPS told them they didn't receive my games. She says only 2 options are a refund that will take 10-15 business days or replacing the games that will take 10-15 business days. There is also no supervisor available at the moment(I still am waiting on a supervisor to call me back from 2 weeks ago) I'm done with this company. I still haven't had my issued resolved from 1 1/2 months ago and now this. Not even an email telling me my order is lost. I'd call up because your order has been awaiting pickup longer than mine. Maybe they all got stolen or something. Anyway, I'm having her send the replacement to me because it's the same time as a refund and I used promo credit and my $10 off coupon on the games and I highly doubt my credit will be returned and the $10 off coupon expired so I have to just hope a replacement gets here in 2 weeks. Lame.

#32222 jrc84  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:20 PM

Isn't the GS gamble part of the point? Sometimes you make a return and double your money...sometimes your order disappears and nobody cares...

#32223 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

Isn't the GS gamble part of the point? Sometimes you make a return and double your money...sometimes your order disappears and nobody cares...

Yea I just had an USPS order from the warehouse arrive and the packing slip had only 1 of 7 posted at full price and the others a buck something each. (B2G2 $34.99 and under promo). Went to store to return without the slip and they just gave me a gift card at full value. Sometimes saying less is more!

#32224 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

Well, she told me my order was lost. USPS told them they didn't receive my games. She says only 2 options are a refund that will take 10-15 business days or replacing the games that will take 10-15 business days. There is also no supervisor available at the moment(I still am waiting on a supervisor to call me back from 2 weeks ago) I'm done with this company. I still haven't had my issued resolved from 1 1/2 months ago and now this. Not even an email telling me my order is lost. I'd call up because your order has been awaiting pickup longer than mine. Maybe they all got stolen or something. Anyway, I'm having her send the replacement to me because it's the same time as a refund and I used promo credit and my $10 off coupon on the games and I highly doubt my credit will be returned and the $10 off coupon expired so I have to just hope a replacement gets here in 2 weeks. Lame.

I just think of it as a joke now. I give them way more leeway than I probably should.

I'm still awaiting an order I placed on May 19th. That order is obviously lost, so I called them almost a month ago to get a replacement order in. They put in for one, and almost a month later I still haven't received that order, so almost 2 months from the actual order.

I had another order that I called about in early June after about 2 weeks of no tracking update, and they said it was also lost, so they had to do another replacement order for that one. Funny enough, I actually ended up randomly getting the initial order I think about a week after I called. For the replacement order, I still have only received 1/4 games.

I try not to call about replacements if I can, and just wait it out because you'll usually waste an hour of your life waiting on hold just to talk to some idiot, and theres like a 25/75% ratio on if you'll ever get the replacement vs. never getting it. I had called about a getting a pop replaced and they put it through, but asked about it when I called last month and was told "it was damaged in transit so I was refunded". So apparently not only the pop I actually got was damaged, but then the replacement was also damaged to a point they just weren't even going to send it. Never got an email for that either.

It's just a joke at this point, but I've learned to just accept it. It's part of the reason I had no problem returning 20-30 games for full price recently that I got for half off. Their fault.

#32225 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:09 PM

Some random preowned games have gone up ($5) in price this week...TMNT Mutants in Manhattan (PS4) and NCAA Football 14 (PS3) are a few examples. 

#32226 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:47 PM

Yea I just had an USPS order from the warehouse arrive and the packing slip had only 1 of 7 posted at full price and the others a buck something each. (B2G2 $34.99 and under promo). Went to store to return without the slip and they just gave me a gift card at full value. Sometimes saying less is more!

Davem, I'm surprised you haven't gotten a return ban from gamestop yet lol.

Seriously though, something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".

#32227 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2817 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".

printouts come from stores.  the sticker slips come from the warehouse.  the negative prices come when a game is free..  but now the always fabulous system has been recently taking an equal portion the "free" shipping charge out of each item ordered.

I had a couple free games come from the warehouse showing values of something like -$0.64fce

#32228 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

Seriously though, something I noticed is the packing slips that are printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper generally have the high prices and the peel off packing slips have the low prices. Got some games I wanted to return and they said like -$1.xx or some negative number. Was like "well obviously can't return that".

There's no such thing as a return ban. At least, not anymore.

#32229 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

That’s an ignorant thing to say.

#32230 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:49 PM

Oh sweet summer child.

#32231 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

Ahh that makes more sense, the buck-something was negative, I just figured it was a poor printout slip. I usually distribute my returns amongst the region, but have never had associates bat an eye like they do for trade-ins sometime. Scratches on discs and shattered cases is pretty self-explanatory. Did not like, defective, no case / art, etc. 

I've had CSR say they could only refund PUR points ONCE PER ACCOUNT, and have had points refunded for various reasons multiple times afterwards, so I'm sure its a case by case basis and only if you get flagged for something totally flagrant. But seeing as how most returns processed in store don't access the same systems as online, I see it as unlikely. I abide by the known rules (like 4 games per rolling month, etc) so if there are some anecdotal return bans I'm sure it would be some algorithmic function. I mean, last year I went store to store B2G2 switch funded by 3 of the 4 previous store's games and nothing happened. 

#32232 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

"I swear there's a return ban! I've never experienced one and I've never actually known someone who has, but I swear it's a thing!!"

No. Unless the ceiling is 2k+ that triggers it like the trade ban, then there isn't one.

I've had CSR say they could only refund PUR points ONCE PER ACCOUNT, and have had points refunded for various reasons multiple times afterwards, so I'm sure its a case by case basis and only if you get flagged for something totally flagrant. But seeing as how most returns processed in store don't access the same systems as online, I see it as unlikely. I abide by the known rules (like 4 games per rolling month, etc) so if there are some anecdotal return bans I'm sure it would be some algorithmic function. I mean, last year I went store to store B2G2 switch funded by 3 of the 4 previous store's games and nothing happened.

Exactly. Unless it's a store triggered return ban where a certain employees has overwhelming evidence that you are doing something suspicious, there is no such thing. I do all my returns at different stores each time to ensure something like this, if it just so happens to be a thing, doesn't happen. Even then, it's probably a store related return block. I'm sure you and I give more business to GS than everyone else here who pretends to know things.

#32233 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3847 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:13 AM

"I swear there's a return ban! I've never experienced one and I've never actually known someone who has, but I swear it's a thing!!"

No. Unless the ceiling is 2k+ that triggers it like the trade ban, then there isn't one.

Exactly. Unless it's a store triggered return ban where a certain employees has overwhelming evidence that you are doing something suspicious, there is no such thing. I do all my returns at different stores each time to ensure something like this, if it just so happens to be a thing, doesn't happen. Even then, it's probably a store related return block. I'm sure you and I give more business to GS than everyone else here who pretends to know things.

You've been on here a month, and you're already acting like you know everything. Nobody but you is pretending like they know things.

#32234 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:27 AM

I bought ncaa football 14 ps3 for $55 shipped. I pray to God that it's complete.

#32235 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:33 AM

I bought ncaa football 14 ps3 for $55 shipped. I pray to God that it's complete.

All the recent shipments have had bad discs. Make sure to test it ASAP.

#32236 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:12 AM

All the recent shipments have had bad discs. Make sure to test it ASAP.

Yeah I got a shipping notification for one purchased yesterday and it's coming from the warehouse, so it's gonna be refurbished. Just hoping it works.

#32237 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:13 AM

Yeah I got a shipping notification for one purchased yesterday and it's coming from the warehouse, so it's gonna be refurbished. Just hoping it works.

Look at it by a light to see if any light shines thru. You'll know what I mean when you do it.

#32238 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2950 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:27 AM

Sorry, mate. It won't be.

#32239 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:02 AM

Rev up them repeats

Darksiders Genesis DOTD again tomorrow.

Monkey King Hero is Back again DOTD Friday
Darksiders 3 DOTD again Saturday

#32240 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6676 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:08 AM

Is there a reason why this is so high?

#32241 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

Last NCAA game. Not only that, but it is one of the best sports games.

#32242 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:32 AM

LOL! I suppose that is one way to look at it. I would rather just get the stuff I paid for though. I really do understand how things can get mixed up with all the craziness going on in the world but I do expect an email or a phone call when they say they will call back or if an order I paid for gets lost. The CS lady spent like 15 minutes helping me on the phone and explained that not many people were working so I was nice to her and thanked her many times for helping me even if it didn't make much sense. I've learned over the years that things don't need to make sense and she was most likely doing all the company she works for allows her to do.  I am done with online orders with them though. Just hoping these 2 games eventually do make it to me.

#32243 sbaker44  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:06 AM

They're selling for over $100 online. $55 is a steal.

#32244 Jurai  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:10 AM

I bought 13 copies 3 weeks ago. 9 of the 13 copies had holes and scratches through the top layer. Another 1 of the 4 good copies had a small hole in the edge of the top layer but it was outside of the game data and ripping the disc multiple times finished without error. I returned them to a Gamestop a week and a half ago, wouldn't be surprised if they are being recirculated.

4dEGYmJ.jpg

r1D33hH.jpg

mgFXcXq.jpg

3msSW3m.jpg

INUOSKe.jpg

tZFpB8g.jpg

cxQfMwc.jpg

1sucrTW.jpg

BqGCWOl.jpg

I'm aware of 4 other copies recently purchased that also were pockmarked with holes and scratches. Goodluck

#32245 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14849 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:12 AM

They're selling for over $100 online. $55 is a steal.

Try over $200 on Amazon if it's complete and the disc is in good shape.

#32246 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6804 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:15 AM

My signature has instructions on what to do when you spot an obvious troll / alt account. Feel free to check it out.

#32247 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:33 AM

Don't base it off Amazon. Ebay/Mercari is closer to $100+.

I've sold a couple 360 CIB copies for $150 the last few months. That one goes for more than the PS3 version.

#32248 Jurai  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:36 AM

of the 13 I got from Gamestop, 6 came with original cases (original NCAA case has a holo NFL sticker on front also), none came with the insert (I dont believe the game had an actual manual)

#32249 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:43 AM

of the 13 I got from Gamestop, 6 came with original cases (original NCAA case has a holo NFL sticker on front also), none came with the insert (I dont believe the game had an actual manual)

It originally came with a Season Pass code, 15% off some website, and the Walmart exclusive ones had like a $20 voucher for another website or store.

#32250 Kpjcelj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:49 AM

I bought 13 copies 3 weeks ago. 9 of the 13 copies had holes and scratches through the top layer. Another 1 of the 4 good copies had a small hole in the edge of the top layer but it was outside of the game data and ripping the disc multiple times finished without error. I returned them to a Gamestop a week and a half ago, wouldn't be surprised if they are being recirculated.

4dEGYmJ.jpg
r1D33hH.jpg
mgFXcXq.jpg
3msSW3m.jpg
INUOSKe.jpg
tZFpB8g.jpg
cxQfMwc.jpg
1sucrTW.jpg
BqGCWOl.jpg

I'm aware of 4 other copies recently purchased that also were pockmarked with holes and scratches. Goodluck

It’s so ashamed that they sold so many copies of something that’s obviously damaged. Like you said, I wouldn’t be surprised that they keep reselling them until customers don’t return them.

Did you return all of your bad copies to the same store?