* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#32461 bmcgreevy  

bmcgreevy

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Any current cart glitches?

#32462 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:32 PM

GameStop will refund you regardless, I returned $415 worth of NCAA 14 and got a refund on the spot

Did they cover the shipping charges?

#32463 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Did they cover the shipping charges?

YMMV. The employee can only use what is on the packing slip. Some packing slips DO show $4.99 shipping even though I did the "free" option and they could try and deny that refund. You can push it, but do so at your risk.

#32464 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:51 PM

All my last few packages that have sourced out of Texas have had slips with no shipping fee shown and 50% discount + shipping taken off the base unit price. So no return fun allowed. 

On the bright side, they arrived via fedex 3 days after ordering! Love when you get an email from Fedex before Gamestop's shipping notification. 

#32465 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:14 PM

I placed an order on 7/17, and it was mark shipped the following day, with a USPS tracking number provided. When using the tracking, it shows that USPS still has not received/retrieved the package from GameStop. Has this been happening to others? Thanks.

#32466 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3639 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

I placed an order on 7/17, and it was mark shipped the following day, with a USPS tracking number provided. When using the tracking, it shows that USPS still has not received/retrieved the package from GameStop. Has this been happening to others? Thanks.

Yep, mine took about 2 full weeks until it was delivered. The tracking was never updated until suddenly just showed delivered

#32467 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:44 PM

This is normal. It'll probably just show up before it gets updated.

#32468 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:40 PM

This happened to me on my order that shipped on July 7th and it turns out that it was lost and they are sending a replacement. Highly unlikely this is the case for yours though.

#32469 Dragun619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dragun619

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:51 PM

Really? A quick check of their site will clearly show it says they're 'online only'

The DOTD are online only. Their current sale in store is Buy 3 Get 2 Free on games $19.99 and under.

Hey, Just asking, man. Appreciate the response.

Managed to surprisingly find 18 PS3 games available for store pick up that'd I'd might consider buying for $32.

#32470 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:52 PM

Mine came complete so here's hoping yours does as well.

Mine just showed up complete, I'm glad I decided to go for it.

#32471 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14974 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

Hey, Just asking, man. Appreciate the response.

Managed to surprisingly find 18 PS3 games available for store pick up that'd I'd might consider buying for $32.

Crazy that you found that many games in stock, I was only able to find 3 games total.

$1.67 is pretty unbeatable, if they're not all sports titles. I went through my collection a few years back and weeded out around 15 PS3 sports titles that I bought thinking they'd have easy trophies (they didn't) and ended up selling them on Facebook for $25. Almost not even worth it.

#32472 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

Damn, nice. Tempted to order another just to see if I can get the inserts, but I'm just happy I got the case on my first try.

Picked up around 24 under $5 from the sale and over half of them came in cases. All seemingly in very good condition too. I've seen them hide tons of 360 cases in the drawers when they go to pull games out when usually buying them, so I figured I'd have a good shot. Most stores I've seen have a full row or so of early Assassins Creeds cases all in very good condition, so I had to grab some backup copies for those as well. 24 games for $40 is pretty unbeatable.

#32473 Jurai  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

It's quite ridiculous. I had 3 Xbox games that were "shipped" on June 20th. They're supposed to be delivered today

I have an order from three weeks ago that has been "awaiting carrier pickup" for three weeks, makes no sense

#32474 Jurai  

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:44 PM

My order actually just showed up out of the blue... wasn't even in my USPS informed delivery email. There's also two diff tracking numbers on here for whatever reason. Oh well, guess I should be happy I got my item.

I had a copy of worms Armageddon get delivered that didn't even have the game on the box a couple weeks ago.

Fyi, pay for the faster shipping if you don't want to wait, in getting things next day with that, otherwise they sit in carrier pickup hell

#32475 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:04 PM

Whenever I've gone in stores lately, when I check out the PS3 section, I'd say, 15% of the games are in original cases and artwork. Though that seems high. It's actually really depressing to see them now.

#32476 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

Complete with map and trading cards?

#32477 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:51 AM

Whenever I've gone in stores lately, when I check out the PS3 section, I'd say, 15% of the games are in original cases and artwork. Though that seems high. It's actually really depressing to see them now.

It's even worse online in my experience. And the quality of the discs is getting pretty awful. Blu-rays are such a pain in the ass to resurface too.

#32478 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:55 AM

The last time I was in store, I'd say less than 5% of the PS3/360 games had cases. I always found this fascinating people continue to lose or toss the cases/manuals to their games. It was one thing during the PS1/2 days, when CD binders were everywhere but starting with the PS3/360 era, I would have figured people would begin to take better care of their stuff. 

I can understand it for Nintendo games, handheld or otherwise, since lot of those users are kids who are careless... but for PS3/360, I'd think most people would keep their cases/manuals. 

#32479 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5553 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:03 AM

Thank the video game gods! Got my recent order today and none of the cases were cracked/unable to close.

Next, none of the pre-owned games were in generic cases/disc only cd sleeves. 

Best part was even one of them was sealed.  That's never happened to me before on a used title.

Things are finally looking up for me.  May my blessing, be repeated for all.

#32480 Dragun619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dragun619

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:07 AM

Crazy that you found that many games in stock, I was only able to find 3 games total.

$1.67 is pretty unbeatable, if they're not all sports titles. I went through my collection a few years back and weeded out around 15 PS3 sports titles that I bought thinking they'd have easy trophies (they didn't) and ended up selling them on Facebook for $25. Almost not even worth it.

Shit is wild to me too. Honestly was prepared to receive a refund email, claiming they don't have half or any of those games, hah. Here's the 18 games I got for $32. Picked it up & got 16 discs sleeves and 2 in their original cases. Sucks, but considering the price, It's whatever.

9zfJ83b.png

#32481 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2950 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:44 AM

The last time I was in store, I'd say less than 5% of the PS3/360 games had cases. I always found this fascinating people continue to lose or toss the cases/manuals to their games. It was one thing during the PS1/2 days, when CD binders were everywhere but starting with the PS3/360 era, I would have figured people would begin to take better care of their stuff.

I can understand it for Nintendo games, handheld or otherwise, since lot of those users are kids who are careless... but for PS3/360, I'd think most people would keep their cases/manuals.

You'd think that, but no, I guess more toss out cases and books than we think.

Clearly, 360/PS3 games are out. I haven't gone to a GS this year and don't plan to, but even late last year, most around me had reduced 360/PS3 games to one side of a rack with everything $9.99 or less ln sleeves only.

#32482 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:51 AM

Shit is wild to me too. Honestly was prepared to receive a refund email, claiming they don't have half or any of those games, hah. Here's the 18 games I got for $32. Picked it up & got 16 discs sleeves and 2 in their original cases. Sucks, but considering the price, It's whatever.

9zfJ83b.png

I will admit, there seems to be a big difference in 360 vs. PS3 availability in terms of cases. Like I said, there seem to be a ton of 360 cases in my area, but not for the high value games. It's the opposite for PS3, as I see high value games with cases but not lower ones.

Regardless, picked up about 60 games from 5 or so different stores and 35-40 came with cases, mostly 360 though, and "popular" games. Great deal. Like I said, they hide most of their "good" cases in the drawers behind them, so don't be scared to buy a generic cased game/sleeved game if you ever see it in store.

#32483 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:46 AM

I wandered into a local Gamestop today to get a $10 eShop card with my $5 off coupon...

The store's walls are so, so empty.

If you told me they were planning to clear everything out, I wouldn't be surprised.  It's POSSIBLE it's just low stock due to the past few months, but the employee told me they barely get anything in aside from preorders, and they haven't had controllers or systems for the past few months...

#32484 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

Did anyone notice that the app is giving a 20% boost to trade values?  I kind of want to test the waters and see if the stores will honor it, and boost those with the 20% GoT or Paper Mario promo...but doubt it would work.

Worst part is, I can't get the app to save trade values (hasn't been working for a loooong time) but I have had success in the past with them honoring the app values, they just have to manually adjust it.

#32485 mchittumjr  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:36 PM

Has there been a weekend trade bump recently or is it basically only the games listed in the ad now?

#32486 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

Is it actually being delivered? Like the tracking shows it was picked up? I've been waiting on one from July 3... I already have 1 open issue with them, I do not want to deal with another issue. Their CS is just fucking god awful. 

It was actually delivered.  It changed from "accepted" to "out for delivery" the day it was delivered.

I have an order from three weeks ago that has been "awaiting carrier pickup" for three weeks, makes no sense

Mine said it was "accepted" for a month before it was delivered yesterday,

#32487 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:11 PM

Did anyone notice that the app is giving a 20% boost to trade values?  I kind of want to test the waters and see if the stores will honor it, and boost those with the 20% GoT or Paper Mario promo...but doubt it would work.

Worst part is, I can't get the app to save trade values (hasn't been working for a loooong time) but I have had success in the past with them honoring the app values, they just have to manually adjust it.

I don't know what you're seeing in your app. It hasn't changed for me. Were you Elite in the past? 

Has there been a weekend trade bump recently or is it basically only the games listed in the ad now?

No there's been nothing of the like.

#32488 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

I don't know what you're seeing in your app. It hasn't changed for me. Were you Elite in the past? 

No there's been nothing of the like.

Yes I was elite in the past, but the app has always been showing the 10% after elite was discontinued.

#32489 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

Are any of top TIV games ($35 guaranteed) be stacked with the 20% boost towards GoT or Paper Mario?

#32490 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:01 PM

Are any of top TIV games ($35 guaranteed) be stacked with the 20% boost towards GoT or Paper Mario?

Yes they should stack with the 20% boost towards those two games.  They have in the past, but someone else who has done it can correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm planning on trading in Doom Eternal towards GoT...I should have done it when it was trade base $30 (it's now $25).