* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#32791 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

The twitter guy's posts show that he makes multiple orders with 2 copies per order. Gamestop limits all games to either 2 or 3 copies per order. Not sure if your business license can circumvent that, but anyone can order 100 copies of a game if they split into multiple orders, business license or not.

Yeah the limit for normal buyers was canned with the website change. It used to be where if there was a limit, then you had to wait 30 days to order more.

#32792 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

The twitter guy's posts show that he makes multiple orders with 2 copies per order. Gamestop limits all games to either 2 or 3 copies per order. Not sure if your business license can circumvent that, but anyone can order 100 copies of a game if they split into multiple orders, business license or not.

Yes, you could do either. I can do that but the few times I need a lot of an item, I contact Gamestop corporate and request x amount. But yeah, anyone can do multiple orders. I still do if the timing is better to do so.

On another note, I got $150 in points but have no idea what to do with it. Probably going to use it to on my PS5 pre-order. Going to be a pain unless I can use multiple $50 certs in different transactions towards the pre-order.

#32793 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:59 PM

I cannot recall who posted their email request for Elite membership refund, but thank you for doing so. 

I finally cashed out my points and sent the request.

As an aside, 7/31/19 is the last day to get a refund for your Elite membership. 

#32794 elessar123  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:42 AM

Better? 

OO4PB5R.png

Messing, yeah, we don't know what you got my dude.

ENHANCE!

tl9689J.jpg

#32795 IAMSAM34  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:03 AM

Where are the deals, lol

#32796 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:07 AM

Where are the deals, lol

We're all just biding time until THE DIVISION 2 DEALS return on friday!

#32797 strongarm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

strongarm

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:12 AM

I've been fairly lucky lately. Out of all 8 games Ive order in the last month, all got her within 2 days and most with original case

#32798 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:56 AM

Good refunds are good.

I cannot recall who posted their email request for Elite membership refund, but thank you for doing so. 

I finally cashed out my points and sent the request.

As an aside, 7/31/19 is the last day to get a refund for your Elite membership. 

The last day to get a refund is Wednesday? Just checking.

#32799 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:00 AM

ENHANCE!

tl9689J.jpg

That’s a pretty impressive result, this is from resolution enhancement software?  I didn’t think it worked that good.   

#32800 elessar123  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:04 AM

That’s a pretty impressive result, this is from resolution enhancement software?  I didn’t think it worked that good.   

All I did was remove the _d from the URL, which linked from the thumbnail to the original image.

Please don't believe CSI lol.

#32801 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5603 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:05 AM

Guessing the warehouse retro never gets restocked... ? I have 2 GSs near me that have retro in glass cases, and I already raided them of stuff I wanted. 

Side note - where is a good place to buy replacement PlayStation double clear/black jewel cases? 

Cases wise I've found amazon ware house deals to be the best for getting them for old games that sells for pennies/1$ range  I picked up a few ps1 and ps2 titles just for the cases.  It was weird getting so many collectors editions of aerosmith guitar hero or whatever complete and sealed. 

#32802 Alexpguy  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:10 AM

That’s a pretty impressive result, this is from resolution enhancement software? I didn’t think it worked that good.

You must not watch CSI, NCIS, SVU, etc... They can work wonders from 2.0 MP flip phone pictures.

#32803 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:14 AM

All I did was remove the _d from the URL, which linked from the thumbnail to the original image.

Please don't believe CSI lol.

Ahhh, it was originally just showing a stretched thumbnail, I get it now, that makes sense.  Thanks.  I thought that seemed too good for anything I was aware of.  They are making huge improvements in this though, the ps1 FF games with AI image enhancement arn’t perfect but have come a long ways.  I’ve never watched CSI but I like NTSF:SD:SUV :)

#32804 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:46 AM

ENHANCE!

tl9689J.jpg

https://youtu.be/KiqkclCJsZs

#32805 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:31 AM

But hey, a quick way to at least disspell any fears is to look at the Nintendo seal of quality, with a bright light.  Nintendo used foil, not ink for their seal .. so if you tilt around the seal you should see it turn from gold / yellow / BLACK, at different angles.  A Fake Box will be gold at all angles, unless it's, again, a 3rd party, unlicensed, or late release.  I miss NintendoAge.

The Nintendo Age community is still alive, it's now at https://www.videogamesage.com/

#32806 Jurai  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:38 AM

Got two fake worms Armageddon in, one cart didn't even have a rom chip on the board it had been clipped off, another was actually wcw nwo inside

#32807 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2963 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Better?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/OO4PB5R.png[/img

Messing, yeah, we don't know what you got my dude.

Whoops, didn’t realize it was displaying like this. Using mobile, so it’s a little off for me. Here’s a better link: https://imgur.com/a/hdQqChn

#32808 Lumas101  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:09 AM

Opportunity now to save 50% on $29.99 and under preowned games if you spend $100+, so you can actually trigger the savings with four games if they average $25 each.

#32809 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:16 AM

Guessing the warehouse retro never gets restocked... ? I have 2 GSs near me that have retro in glass cases, and I already raided them of stuff I wanted. 

Side note - where is a good place to buy replacement PlayStation double clear/black jewel cases? 

GS sells retro games in store? O.o That's a new one for me. Would like to go to one just to check it out. Then again, I never step foot inside a GS other than to do returns  :lol:

My hang up is that even once I receive it, I’d have no way to know if it was fake really, the box and materials.  There are even repro carts and discs out there too, so even if it worked in the system, that may not mean much for its authenticity.  The few trade shows I have been to, I enjoyed them for what they were, and don’t mean this as a personal insult to anyone, but wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of vendors were unknowingly, knowingly or actively involved in selling fakes.  Just that thought is enough to mostly keep me from buying, I get the impression the market is already flooded with fakes, even though that’s not based in much reality or hands on experience.  Just common sense, if there is money to be made in it and fraud is easy, it’s going to happen, and probably already has been for 10 years plus at this point...Or maybe that’s just my justification to avoid paying the inflated prices.

They are pretty easy to tell tbh... fakes are still pretty bad even in 2020. Some common techniques have been posted but all else fails, you can google image search for authentic carts/boxes/etc. There are high quality images for pretty much anything that has value. Fake carts are rampant but if you open them up their circuit board will look like a joke.

#32810 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:02 AM

Opportunity now to save 50% on $29.99 and under preowned games if you spend $100+, so you can actually trigger the savings with four games if they average $25 each.

lol gamestop, it only has to be $100+ pre-discount :lol:

#32811 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:25 AM

Dagummit, I JUST bought some games with the 40% discount.  Ah, well.

#32812 2changz  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

Bought the rest of the 3ds games that were in stock that I was missing from my collection. Figured this sale is better than B1G1 since you'd basically be saving half off if you purchased 2 games that were the same price. It's a long shot but imagine if some came complete. Lol. Surprised alot of the 3ds games are gone such as Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

#32813 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5603 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:21 AM

Bought the rest of the 3ds games that were in stock that I was missing from my collection. Figured this sale is better than B1G1 since you'd basically be saving half off if you purchased 2 games that were the same price. It's a long shot but imagine if some came complete. Lol. Surprised alot of the 3ds games are gone such as Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

It was in stock when I just checked a moment ago.  I passed since I already have the ds or whatever one which they humorously sent in the 3ds versions box. 

My haul was 

poke park 14.99

pikmin 14.99

mario and luigi paper jam 14.99

cart filler pokemon sun 8.99

cart filler pokemon moon 8.99

#32814 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:38 AM

If you have any games that you’ve been wanting to get that are actually in stock now is as good as any time to get them.

The 50% off 29.99 or less would be great if they actually had what I wanted in stock for ds/gba. And this certainly feels like liquidation before they close all of their non profitable stores,

#32815 Lumas101  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

Dagummit, I JUST bought some games with the 40% discount. Ah, well.

If the games are still in stock, you shouldn’t have much trouble buying a second set and returning the first.

#32816 EndOfGreen  

EndOfGreen

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

If the games are still in stock, you shouldn’t have much trouble buying a second set and returning the first.

Not worth it. It's only a $3 difference at most and if your order gets even a few games shipped from the warehouse the difference essentially gets wiped out. Also not worth the gas.

#32817 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:04 AM

Good refunds are good.
The last day to get a refund is Wednesday? Just checking.

7/31/19 ... this friday

#32818 Lumas101  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:05 AM

Not worth it. It's only a $3 difference at most and if your order gets even a few games shipped from the warehouse the difference essentially gets wiped out. Also not worth the gas.

Well, everyone is different. That could be 4 (or more) x $29.99 games which would be $12, which means adding another normally-priced $25 game for free. And who knows if GameStop is on the way to his work, or if he was going to go there for another reason or something. So it’s at least a consideration.

#32819 Lumas101  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

7/31/19 ... this friday

I’m definitely a little thrown off by the “19.”

#32820 IAMSAM34  

Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

I’m definitely a little thrown off by the “19.”

You are in a thread from the past. Meaning you are currently living in the past.