* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#33061 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:21 PM

I traded in wii and x360 games on saturday. Not sure on the official policy. Website says current gen only, but also says now taking retro. Not surprised people are being told no. Maybe try another store if you can.

#33062 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:22 PM

At the Richmond GS? I've been able to trade Wii/3DS at other locations around.

Yep. The next closest open store is Pleasant Hill according to Google. For some reason the San Pablo store is still closed.

#33063 jrc84  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:48 PM

I traded in Wii and PS3 yesterday afternoon without any issues

#33064 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

AFAIK San Pablo is still operating, just can't go inside because they still haven't gotten new windows. I know they're still doing returns and normal transactions, so you could definitely try there. Although I'm really not sure about 360/PS3 games if you have any of those, I can definitely confirm 3DS/Wii are still able to be traded in the area.

Just called them (San Pablo) and they aren't doing trades and they said Gamestop in general isn't taking non current gen games. 🙄

Sigh. No worries, just confusing that each store/region/state is doing something different.

#33065 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

I got turned down for trading in PS3 games in SoCal on Saturday...guy said that the games were in the system but he couldn't take them in. 

#33066 jrc84  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:27 PM

Are the games showing up as tradeable/value on the app/website for those of you getting turned down?

Edit: Pricing and sales are nationwide, not regional?

#33067 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:34 PM

I enjoyed Tokyo mirage on Switch. I think I like it more than Persona 5 Royal. I mean Persona 5 is probably better (way more depth, more to do) but there's soooooooo much garbage in that game, sometimes less is more. Storyline in Mirage is cringey, but gameplay/battle system is solid.

#33068 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Are the games showing up as tradeable/value on the app/website for those of you getting turned down?

Edit: Pricing and sales are nationwide, not regional?

Yes ($10+ for a Wii game for me). Multiple associates are telling me that non current gen games aren't being accepted at the moment.

#33069 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:37 PM

Huh I just traded in a huge stack of last gen games. Mario kart Wii new super Mario Bros Wii. Call of duty Black ops 2 Xbox 360 ECT

It must be store by store.

Was also confirmed that store's need numbers to survive.

#33070 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:39 PM

#33071 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:05 PM

woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.

Wednesday (probably - 8520)

Not sure how much better it is than the Wii U version which I still see in a few Walmarts if you brickseek.

As for last gen game tradeins - just call up a store and ask them if they will accept them. I’m pretty sure the system will let them, probably just a manager discretion thing. I traded in a few extra copies of Wii stuff amazon wasn’t taking at this point.

#33072 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:19 PM

Very YMMV as I just traded in GTAV Xbox 360 in NYC with no issues

#33073 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:39 PM

The July weekend years back where buy 2 get 1 overlapped with 70% trade and a weekend bump was the most fun thing ever, and we all knew it was coming because of leaked signage. You could buy 6 mediocre first party 3ds games and trade them down the street for nearly double. Unfortunately it made it to Twitter by Friday night and all hell broke loose.

That was such a glorious weekend. I boomeranged and flipped to get enough credit for my PS4 pro and x one x during that.

#33074 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:53 PM

My local GS isn't taking last gen either, despite what the website says.

GS's trade-in website says current-gen only, so it's YMMW - (I don't think they want them, despite another internal GS department posting prices, thus indicating they want them -- Local DL's RL's don't want them).  Maybe it hurts the store to ship stuff back to GrapeVine.  It's all about metrics...  and they want to look good in these times...  Covering your ass, screw the customer consistency, or anything related...

#33075 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7865 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:07 PM

Fudge I hope COD MW holds one more day not going to have a chance to make it today.

#33076 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:45 PM

Fudge I hope COD MW holds one more day not going to have a chance to make it today.

That’s not how it works...you’re SOL

#33077 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:52 PM

woah how do we know Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be DoTD this week? I’ve had that on my watch list since Wii U. Even $10 off I’d be tempted. $39.99 tho, I’d use my ceros to get it cheap. I hope this comes true.

On the deal of the day right click over the pricetag icon and copy the URL, paste it into the address bar and you can probably guess what part of the URL to change to. Sometimes you can get like three days ahead and on rare occasions more. Also the stuff advertised on the big part on top of the Deal of the Day page doesn't necessarily always show in the results.

#33078 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:58 PM

So...does the whole "spend $60 get $10" deal have any transaction specifics that I'm not seeing? Like, if I pay for part of my order with trade credit do they count the actual total or just what portion of it was paid with real human monies?

#33079 IAMSAM34  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:58 PM

Yep. The next closest open store is Pleasant Hill according to Google. For some reason the San Pablo store is still closed.

Concord is open and the pleasant hill off the 680 took my wii games on Saturday

#33080 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:12 PM

On the deal of the day right click over the pricetag icon and copy the URL, paste it into the address bar and you can probably guess what part of the URL to change to. Sometimes you can get like three days ahead and on rare occasions more. Also the stuff advertised on the big part on top of the Deal of the Day page doesn't necessarily always show in the results.

thanks for the info!

#33081 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:48 PM

I read - The next closest open store is Pleasantville according to Google. My bad.

#33082 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

Last two transactions in my rewards activity are around 1000 points higher than they should be, is there a promo I'm not aware of? Or is this why people's points fluctuate randomly? 

#33083 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:14 AM

Last two transactions in my rewards activity are around 1000 points higher than they should be, is there a promo I'm not aware of? Or is this why people's points fluctuate randomly?

Its been double points online for awhile

#33084 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:15 AM

PS4 Overwatch and rainbow six siege are both 14.99 and qualify for the 4 for $30 deal, and overwatch has a base TIV of $15 and Rainbow 6 has a base of $12. Good flips if the value holds and it’s convenient.

I managed to find them in stock at 2 stores half a mile of each other , happy hunting!

#33085 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:04 AM

PS4 Overwatch and rainbow six siege are both 14.99 and qualify for the 4 for $30 deal, and overwatch has a base TIV of $15 and Rainbow 6 has a base of $12. Good flips if the value holds and it’s convenient.
I managed to find them in stock at 2 stores half a mile of each other , happy hunting!

Stores already closed on the east coast. Trade values will tank tomorrow. If you or anyone else is interested in finding and sharing these deals (without wading through countless pictures of ncaa football), I’ve been trying to point out opportunities in the trading discussion in the lounge. new accounts are not allowed to post there.

#33086 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:41 AM

You get extra points currently for online transactions.  4X, instead of 2X for items bought.  2X remains the same for trades.

It was talked about pages ago.  It was also trolled / hated upon, etc.  Oh well :(

#33087 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   714 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:20 AM

which are at 4X currently for online orders.

Hmm, my extra points definitely aren't 4x. They've never really been exact as far as listed receipt vs points / 20 or whatever - always figured they rounded somehow and maybe didn't account for tax. I have almost 300k points at the moment, just don't have a great outlet for them since the certs never work on deals these days and I don't really need to horde any more digital currency. 

I had multiple sets of switch games to but traded a few in this bump round and just kept 2 - 1 set for playing (eventually) and only one set for if CSAC ever comes back. 

Amazingly now you can subscribe to Game Informer 1 year for $15, and 2  years for $20!   :shock:

#33088 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:25 AM

Hmm, my extra points definitely aren't 4x. They've never really been exact as far as listed receipt vs points / 20 or whatever - always figured they rounded somehow and maybe didn't account for tax. I have almost 300k points at the moment, just don't have a great outlet for them since the certs never work on deals these days and I don't really need to horde any more digital currency. 

I had multiple sets of switch games to but traded a few in this bump round and just kept 2 - 1 set for playing (eventually) and only one set for if CSAC ever comes back. 

Amazingly now you can subscribe to Game Informer 1 year for $15, and 2  years for $20!   :shock:

Spend the points!  In-store certs still work!

The next earnings call will be the first week of September -- it's not going to be rosey. [The current quarter is over, but there is a delay before investors know about everything]

I feel bad for Game Informer .. I actually like the physical magazine while on the can.  I paid the extra $5 for physical! :shock:

#33089 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2491 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM

When do the values usually update on the app because it’s still showing bumps?

#33090 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7865 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:49 AM

Looks like at least one game I checked yesterday dropped a lot NHL 20 dropped from $10 to $6 for XB and from $15? to $6 for PS4. Looks like COD MW is still at $30 as of right now so hopefully it holds.