* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#33151 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:46 PM

The bump is dead. Long live the bump.

All bumped values appear to have just dropped this morning.

Not on the app.

#33152 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

The bump is dead. Long live the bump.

All bumped values appear to have just dropped this morning.

Not on the app.

Nor in our hearts...

#33153 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

New code in the GS database added:

weeklyad816

It's interesting because it seems to show GS is formulating their weekly ads 2 weeks in advance, or at least subset lists.  No banner associated to indicate what the actual deal might be, however.

Their methods keep changing.. it's almost as if the turnaround for job placement is high, or a great deal of restructuring is occuring.. :-({|= 

#33154 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:24 PM

Several months, but you can get certs on the website. Lots of people have had trouble with redeeming the online certs, but in store ones work.

Thanks for the response, appreciated!

#33155 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:43 PM

The stealth bumps don't have any official start or ending date, so please don't spread false information. The bump before this started on a Friday and ended at closing and this bump just ended. Neither was Monday. Once again, assumptions like this are better posted in the lounge thread so they don't clutter up this one with fake news.

So you're saying that all stealth bump data and rumors, without concrete facts, should be posted in the lounge?

If this was the gong show, I'd gong your post.

#33156 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2812 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:46 PM

If this was the gong show, I'd gong your post.

Just +1 to ignore.  I swear it's the same 2-3 people with no life and an endless train of alt accounts.

#33157 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:50 PM

The stealth bumps don't have any official start or ending date, so please don't spread false information. The bump before this started on a Friday and ended at closing and this bump just ended. Neither was Monday. Once again, assumptions like this are better posted in the lounge thread so they don't clutter up this one with fake news.

Yeah, let's ignore every other time a stealth bump has started on Friday and ended on Monday, just because the last 2 weeks have not been like that. Not to mention the fact that this was the first time we've had a stealth bump so close together. But hey, because you said, we should do it. I guess we all missed your promotion to owner of this site.

#33158 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:51 PM

Just +1 to ignore.  I swear it's the same 2-3 people with no life and an endless train of alt accounts.

At this point, it's safe to assume it's dave.

#33159 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   260 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:01 PM

i blocked after the first page of ncaa pictures, but people kept quoting the post making it unavoidable. 

#33160 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:27 PM

i blocked after the first page of ncaa pictures, but people kept quoting the post making it unavoidable. 

You didn't buy 36 copies of NCAA 2014? I though this was the NCAA resellers group.

#33161 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:34 PM

You didn't buy 36 copies of NCAA 2014? I though this was the NCAA resellers group.

I never saw the stack, personally.  Did you?

The disc with the V shaped crud in the inner portion seems familiar...  almost like a recirculated picture ..

#33162 Montybg  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

If the bumped value is still on our app, will we be able to get it at the store? Does it depend on the manager?

#33163 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

I bought 3 just so i can get a working copy. No flipping here. Returned 2

#33164 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

FYI pikmin 3 deluxe announced for switch in case you guys wanted something to pre-order.

#33165 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:09 PM

So it looks like Anthem is on sale for $4.99 for the DOTD today. I keep hearing things about it being an unfinished game but is it worth $5 at this point?

I'd say you could get $5 of enjoyment out of it. I bought it for $6 from a store going out of business last fall and am waiting on the retooling of it before I play.

#33166 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

The image in question is:

s-l1600.jpg

bmcgrevy you're full of horse poop.

Editing your posts wont erased the shenanigans you attempt.  Somebody will notice. I noticed.

I also noticed you took down a bunch of your "original" posts with pictures.  Why is that?  .. recirculating pictures...

You might have gotten away with it, but I mean, the posted picture is kinda .. unforgettable.

#33167 ritchardf  

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:40 PM

bmcgrevy sucks

#33168 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:53 PM

If the bumped value is still on our app, will we be able to get it at the store? Does it depend on the manager?

Very YMMV. More often than not, what shows in the POS is what you will get. Doesn't really matter what shows in the app or if it's saved. You could get lucky though.

#33169 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:03 PM

Because I never posted that image. At least not intentionally. That must have been the image I accidentally quoted from another poster in this thread who also posted that one. You must be confusing it with someone else in here because I know for a fact that other people posted images of their NCAA hauls. The only reason I took mine down is because I noticed that people weren't interested in them anymore and didn't want people quoting them and cluttering the thread.

By the way, others specifically asked for NCAA pictures which is why me and others posted them. If you're not interested, that's fine. But going around and accusing innocent posters on wrongdoings when they were only trying to help and did what was asked is really crossing the line.

People asked for NCAA pictures me and others posted them. Then they got mad and said to stop posting them so we did and we deleted them because of complaints about thread cluttering. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I did get another NCAA package today in the mail so if anyone wants pictures still then we will have to do it through PM. I am still curious in seeing others.

I'll refresh your memory,

July 28, 2020

https://www.cheapass...9#entry14309487

The same V shaped inner portion defect is in the post you recently deleted, but I recognize it as one you posted before -- (also your recent posts where photos are "old", because they are anything but original).  But you like to repost them as new.  Tell me more.

edit - he deleted that post too.  Evidence shows as a invalid page.  /sigh  -- {{-- -- MODS! --}}

#33170 zekana  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:32 AM

I've been waiting for a while for doom eternal to get to around $30. Plus got a $10 off coupon.

#33171 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:47 AM

Just got an email saying my order has shipped. I havent ordered anything in almost two months. Open the email, order date of June 10. Ordered several games, forgot that one never arrived. Guess it’s coming now!

#33172 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:59 AM

Just got an email saying my order has shipped. I havent ordered anything in almost two months. Open the email, order date of June 10. Ordered several games, forgot that one never arrived. Guess it’s coming now!

Same boat. Order from mid June... last gen game that came so scratched that it would look like I did it on purpose so emailed CS. Never responded after a week so bit the bullet and returned to store for cash. 1 week later email reply saying my I'd be getting a replacement copy but it would be up to 2 weeks later. Assumed they figured I returned it to a store and disapproved my replacement. 6 weeks later get the mystery blank email  :cold:  I bet I get the same scratched copy as my free replacement....

How do you see the order date in the blank email? 

#33173 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23572 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:00 AM

Wow.. that's nuts. 

I wish they'd fix my lost package from June... 

#33174 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:39 AM

Blank email means you’re getting a gift card instead of a replacement. At least it has historically.

#33175 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:17 AM

Blank email means you’re getting a gift card instead of a replacement. At least it has historically.

No, they don't. It simply means something is being sent, either a gift card or replacement.

#33176 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:46 AM

My email wasnt blank? Stated the order date and what was being shipped.

#33177 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:59 AM

Awww, my local GameStop has a new manager that completely sucks. Used to have a great one, this guy won’t even match trade values on GameStop’s own app. Oh well I guess I’m avoiding buying physical just so I don’t have anything to trade lol

Still need them to trade up to new consoles, but that’s the only thing I’ll purchase from them again

#33178 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1077 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

Not on the app.

The bump is dead in the app. Long live the app?

#33179 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:08 PM

Well, guess I was hasty saying I would pass on the B4 under $30 for $80.  Doom eternal and Jedi fallen order are both under $30.  This is the first that I’ve found them qualifying for a pre-owned sale.  Not 50% off, but with it earning a $10 coupon too, good enough for me.

#33180 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

Well, guess I was hasty saying I would pass on the B4 under $30 for $80.  Doom eternal and Jedi fallen order are both under $30.  This is the first that I’ve found them qualifying for a pre-owned sale.  Not 50% off, but with it earning a $10 coupon too, good enough for me.

Yep, same games I bought to trade into amazon. Since they've been at 54.99 for a while local stores had multiple copies for both systems for pickup which is always good when timing is critical!