* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#33241 zekana  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:40 PM

DOTD xenoblade on the wii for $20. Quite a surreal feeling seeing it priced so reasonably. I remember selling my copy for close to $100 back in the day.

#33242 jrc84  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 01:31 PM

You folks finding any glitching with the online sales? I am getting sale pricing stacking with the $100 flash sale but seems like that is it...

50% $100 <$30, 4/$30 <$15, and B2G2 <$10

#33243 Doomburrito7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Doomburrito7

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:59 PM

Not surprising, but I would call CS. If you are nice and persistent then they will probably add 10,000 points to your account on the spot.

As an aside, I bought GoT and traded pokemon sword in one transaction and a $10 eshop code with my $5 coupon in another transaction (same day) and received the coupon.

Good idea, thanks. I called them and they said I should have been eligible and they'll add the code to my account. We'll see if they actually do that...

#33244 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

DOTD xenoblade on the wii for $20. Quite a surreal feeling seeing it priced so reasonably. I remember selling my copy for close to $100 back in the day.

Remake on switch probably really killed them. Looks like the 3ds version got a permanent $5 drop to $20 as well.

Doom eternal for $14 (if you spend $100 on pre-owned) seems like a really good deal. Still even trades for $20 base and $22 PUR.

#33245 zekana  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:46 PM

Remake on switch probably really killed them. Looks like the 3ds version got a permanent $5 drop to $20 as well.

Doom eternal for $14 (if you spend $100 on pre-owned) seems like a really good deal. Still even trades for $20 base and $22 PUR.

Ya all the releases, specially the switch one, have made the Wii game feel redundant at this point.

Also I'm very glad I held off on the buy 2 for $45 deal. I was gonna get doom eternal and jedi fallen order but now for an extra $5, I'm getting all the wolfenstein ps4 games as well.

#33246 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 04:54 PM

Outlast trinity for $15 after 50% discount may be a good investment.  It’s pretty much sold out everywhere else, $50 on Amazon.  With how the silent hill series and PT are so expensive to obtain now, this seems like a similar scenario.  And based on reviews, this may be the best out of all of them.  Once it’s really gone (GameStop seems to be the last holdout and at a great price even) could see it going up if more people were aware of it and now out of print.  Wasn’t on my radar and not exactly my usual type of game, just found it and looked it up browsing, but a good scary game can be great, and this one sounds really scary.  May need to leave the light on

#33247 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:36 PM

Ya all the releases, specially the switch one, have made the Wii game feel redundant at this point.

Also I'm very glad I held off on the buy 2 for $45 deal. I was gonna get doom eternal and jedi fallen order but now for an extra $5, I'm getting all the wolfenstein ps4 games as well.

Also, the Wii game is blurry as Fuck (well all Wii games are these days)... I played this back in the day using Dolphin and it made a world of difference. Also makes me think, how diff things would be now if Nintendo released plain old HD version of the Wii instead of the marketing mess that was the Wii U. 

#33248 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:59 PM

Still can't place orders online with either of my accounts. I've called multiple times and they keep telling me to wait 3-5 days for a resolution. I even tried a store pickup order with a gift card so there would be no billing information and still got the same error not being able to process payment. I thought that maybe I was blocked from making online orders but if that were the case, the order would go through and just get cancelled, at least I would think that is how it is handled? GameStop doesn't seem capable of anything more technically savvy. During a pandemic is a hell of a time for these issues to happen. Hopefully they respond to my BBB complaint or their backend actually does fix the issue.

#33249 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7869 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:14 PM

What were the dates for the spend $60 get $10 back promo?

#33250 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2817 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM

What were the dates for the spend $60 get $10 back promo?

8/2/2020 – 8/8/2020

#33251 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:04 PM

I forget, does the extra $5 on switch titles usually stack with the extra 20-30% for preorders (e.g. on top of the base x 20-30%)?

#33252 zaxxon2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

zaxxon2000

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:15 PM

Anyone get their $10 back promo. It said it was to be issued on the 9th.

#33253 ritchardf  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:26 PM

Outlast trinity for $15 after 50% discount may be a good investment.  It’s pretty much sold out everywhere else, $50 on Amazon.  With how the silent hill series and PT are so expensive to obtain now, this seems like a similar scenario.  And based on reviews, this may be the best out of all of them.  Once it’s really gone (GameStop seems to be the last holdout and at a great price even) could see it going up if more people were aware of it and now out of print.  Wasn’t on my radar and not exactly my usual type of game, just found it and looked it up browsing, but a good scary game can be great, and this one sounds really scary.  May need to leave the light on

Deadpool  for ps4 is the same way, you can still find it around $20 in some places but amazon has it for $40+, $12.50 isnt bad.

#33254 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:56 PM

thanks for the heads up on the flash sale.  Grabed fallen order, world ends with you, wolfenstein II, doom eternal, plush ($5 reward filler) and borderlands 3.

#33255 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

I forget, does the extra $5 on switch titles usually stack with the extra 20-30% for preorders (e.g. on top of the base x 20-30%)?

Nope - they do stack with the base 10% pro... I traded in a few of the $2 switch stock that were $9.99 fodder a few promos ago as I doubt they’ll get a bump anytime soon.

Need more Mario Rabids stock... guess they update prices on Monday? If only the XB1 preowned (Eternal/Jedi) allowed you to play it on PC... need my mouse aim!

#33256 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:54 PM

Still can't place orders online with either of my accounts. I've called multiple times and they keep telling me to wait 3-5 days for a resolution. I even tried a store pickup order with a gift card so there would be no billing information and still got the same error not being able to process payment. I thought that maybe I was blocked from making online orders but if that were the case, the order would go through and just get cancelled, at least I would think that is how it is handled? GameStop doesn't seem capable of anything more technically savvy. During a pandemic is a hell of a time for these issues to happen. Hopefully they respond to my BBB complaint or their backend actually does fix the issue.

I got this yet again as well, earlier today.

I got to wondering if it was some of their website scripts that were causing issues (around 40'ish running when you are on their website at any given time).  If you use FireFox, there is an addon called NoScript that was very useful today.

I pretty much blacklisted every script on the GS PC website, except 2 scripts:

Gamestop.com (needed to even access basics within the website, as well as navigating click-ables)

Ajax.Googleapis.com (needed for functionality when clicking Javascript buttons, etc)

After these exclusions, my orders all went through.

When running with limited capability, the website is more or less broken though, without the other 30+ scripts running, If you thought it was broken before, try this!  .. but it's just barely enough to log on, select games, go to the cart, enter gift card data, and place the order.

You can't change any account info, ship-to location or check card balance, for instance, because the code associated with such requests is being blocked.  It probably won't work for other forms of payment (like credit card), since these require other scripts to validate the payment.  Gift cards work, though, internal to the basic gamestop.com website script.

I was happy it worked.  I'll try this again next time this happens.  It seems like some fault in their code restricting certain users falling under, as of yet, unknown criteria (?).

Good luck !

ps- it's worth a shot .. it beats waiting until later in the week, assuming GS ever gets back to you.

#33257 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7869 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2020 - 10:06 PM

Good idea, thanks. I called them and they said I should have been eligible and they'll add the code to my account. We'll see if they actually do that...

What did you say when you called? I bought GoT on 8/4/20 and if I would’ve known of the promo I would have added something cheap to get me over $60 pretax for the total.

#33258 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:22 AM

What did you say when you called? I bought GoT on 8/4/20 and if I would’ve known of the promo I would have added something cheap to get me over $60 pretax for the total.

I doubt they'll do anything for you honestly. Asking for the $10 by saying that you WOULD have done it probably won't fly (unless you have multiple purchases the same day that add up). Who knows, maybe you'll get a charitable service rep, though.

#33259 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:49 AM

Haven’t seen a post about it but the rep today told me that there’s a Pro Day sale next Saturday, 8/15. So, obviously everyone should get their hopes up really high.

#33260 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:51 AM

Haven’t seen a post about it but the rep today told me that there’s a Pro Day sale next Saturday, 8/15. So, obviously everyone should get their hopes up really high.

I’ve already given GameStop my money in anticipation.

#33261 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:56 AM

I’ve already given GameStop my money in anticipation.

Did my suggestion help?

edit:

[Trying to work it out via messaging] /disregard

#33262 waterdrew   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

waterdrew

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:03 AM

Welp, Wish me luck. About to place another big ass order from gamestop online so I'm ready for another rick roll.

I placed an order back in early june when GS had a 50% off of $20 i think sale so I loaded up and grabbed 32 games. About 12 came with cases and the rest might as well came in a zip-lock bag. Not my first rodeo, so I took my bad games to a bunch of GS around Denver to hunt down cases and I had some fun with that.

One store, when I asked if i can exchange the busted copies of the games I bought online and the worker looked at me like I asked when his daughter turns 18. Also, somehow no cases for the games.

2nd store, the manager was working and he was cool af. One case (Dead rising 4) and printed out locations of all the other GS that had my games in stock. 

3rd store and my home store, the manager was having a bad week and flat out told me no, because he was "having a bad week" and because "if we took your no case games in, then we would just be passing the problem onto someone else". Lol ok. 

Anyways, not here to moan about GS, but overall i'm happy with my cheap games and got 25 games in my cart right now ready to see if i have better luck this time. I think someone in this thread posted a guy on esty.com that makes cover art for games with the cases? I'll try to find it again. 

#33263 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:31 AM

Welp, Wish me luck. About to place another big ass order from gamestop online so I'm ready for another rick roll.

I placed an order back in early june when GS had a 50% off of $20 i think sale so I loaded up and grabbed 32 games. About 12 came with cases and the rest might as well came in a zip-lock bag. Not my first rodeo, so I took my bad games to a bunch of GS around Denver to hunt down cases and I had some fun with that.

One store, when I asked if i can exchange the busted copies of the games I bought online and the worker looked at me like I asked when his daughter turns 18. Also, somehow no cases for the games.

2nd store, the manager was working and he was cool af. One case (Dead rising 4) and printed out locations of all the other GS that had my games in stock. 

3rd store and my home store, the manager was having a bad week and flat out told me no, because he was "having a bad week" and because "if we took your no case games in, then we would just be passing the problem onto someone else". Lol ok. 

Anyways, not here to moan about GS, but overall i'm happy with my cheap games and got 25 games in my cart right now ready to see if i have better luck this time. I think someone in this thread posted a guy on esty.com that makes cover art for games with the cases? I'll try to find it again.

#33264 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:32 AM

#33265 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:33 AM

#33266 friggotha  

friggotha

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:38 AM

This is annoying.  I'm responding to Waterdrew, yet this system is forcing a response to my own post.  Disregard the ".." posts.  Grrr....

@Waterdrew

Bizarre!

I don't know if it helps you out, but I keep a bag with all the GS cheap cases inside; I just throw it in my trunk.  GS employee's used to just give me the case and artwork..  it's kind of skittish now because of CV19.  Recently, an employee raised a stink, but I offered to just swap their original artwork label for my shitty GS one (hence the bag in my trunk), so they wouldn't have to sanitize / make-up a new case.  They were OK with that.  I was super OK.

#33267 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:12 AM

Mario + Rabbids & Ass's Creed at sale price finally

#33268 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:33 AM

Well, I got that $10 reward, and it is "in store only" BS.

Since I just bought a Switch, I'm debating going to a store to pick Mario + Rabbids with the $10 and with the $5 monthly either eShop credit or use it to pay for shipping of stuff that isn't in stock nearby.

#33269 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:41 AM

No, neither does “guaranteed 30” if the TIV is lower ... promos do not stack.

Also, prestige day percentage promos stack, but pro day percentage promos do not.

With that said...anything could change like how the bump just lasted an extra day...

#33270 iamsmart2  

iamsmart2

Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:00 PM

I'll keep an eye out for the $10 for $60 cert, but it still isn't here as of this morning. I spent $200 during the eligibility period so I'm pretty sure I hit the criteria.

Is anyone else having trouble with the online-eligible reward certs? I redeemed two a few months ago and I can't use them for anything ("coupon cannot be added to cart"). Toys, sale items, non-sale items...nothing works. I thought it was a glitch as part of the COVID madness, but I just redeemed another one last week and it's still giving me guff. Just want to see if anyone else had this experience before I brave a CS call where I try to reclaim 4 different certs.