* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#37531 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:02 AM

Thanks.

I like how you think! I'll toss in a Unicorn Princess on PS4 to recoup some of my costs! :)

#37532 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:10 AM

Can you still use Gamestop credit to buy gift cards for Hulu or Netflix? I know they nixed using it for brick and mortar retailers awhile back but wasn't sure about stuff like that?

In June I used $200 trade credit to buy 2 $100 Netflix cards. 

#37533 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:11 AM

Updated

All my items shipped, I compiled a list to keep track of all games. Red titles came incomplete, grey haven't arrived & green is complete.  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Got more packages coming tomorrow, with the final batch coming on the 3rd. Happy to get a Azure complete.

#37534 david12795  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:15 AM

i regret not buying more switch games. 

#37535 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 01 December 2020 - 01:06 PM

Does the $5 reward no longer work online?  It worked for me last month but won't work for me today

#37536 SoulEdgeVII   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

SoulEdgeVII

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:45 PM

Renewed online and didn't get the December reward certificate. Uhhh...great...do I need to call in just to get this too?

#37537 Grogu   Where's my knob? CAG Veteran   83 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:11 PM

All the time. I just toss them or save them in a box for future trade-ins

Do they charge you a refurb fee for trading in a game with a busted case?

#37538 Grogu   Where's my knob? CAG Veteran   83 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 03:16 PM

Does the $5 reward no longer work online?  It worked for me last month but won't work for me today

I just tried the $5 monthly PUR code on a Series X controller and it worked. You have to copy and paste the code in the promo code box.

#37539 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:17 PM

You should not get hit with a referb fee. Someone in here was saying that GS is going to start requiring cases on trades a few weeks ago, but I do not think there is any confirmation that will happen. I kind of doubt it will, but would honestly be in favor of it.

#37540 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:21 PM

No, but they sometimes give you looks with a bunch of carts without cases, and I try to avoid standing out when I'm flipping.  I'm also far less likely to lose it if it has a case

I just tried the $5 monthly PUR code on a Series X controller and it worked. You have to copy and paste the code in the promo code box.

Weird.  I tried it on NBA 2K21 and wouldn't work.  It's not a deal of the day 

#37541 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2636 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:26 PM

Who would I contact for the $30 Game Coin because it hasn’t credited me with my purchase on 11/22 that would’ve put me over the $300 threshold.

#37542 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24003 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:32 PM

Is it not possible to cancel pre-orders online? I'm trying to cancel my Cyberpunk 2077 preorder since I was able to get an order in at BB... I see the option but keep getting an error. 

EDIT* nevermind, worked after 4 tries. 

#37543 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2453 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:58 PM

Works just fine for me. Are you maybe using it on a sale item that might not allow you to apply codes?

#37544 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:56 PM

Works just fine for me. Are you maybe using it on a sale item that might not allow you to apply codes?

2K21.  I've used it on sale items before, just wouldn't work on deals of the day.  I used my November one on a sale game on Black Friday in-store

#37545 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:59 PM

Who would I contact for the $30 Game Coin because it hasn’t credited me with my purchase on 11/22 that would’ve put me over the $300 threshold.

Customer Service, but they'll probably give you a scripted line of waiting 2 weeks or something

#37546 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:11 PM

Customer Service, but they'll probably give you a scripted line of waiting 2 weeks or something

Yep, I'm still missing 3 x $30 coins (gotten 7, used 6) and they will say "You need to spend $300 in a single transaction" when clearly that isn't the case (I haven't spend that much in one purchase at all) so I'm about ready to just take the loss as I have no clue which transactions weren't "counted" as I seemed to have gotten PUR points for them all correctly.  :oldman:

#37547 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24003 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:33 PM

i regret not buying more switch games. 

I think this every time there's a sale but there's so many niche games on the NS (and PS4) and a vast majority of them seem they're not worth the physical release/purchase. 

#37548 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

It’s hard enough getting customer service to honor straightforward offers that are missing, I don’t think anyone is getting a missing spend $300 get $30 cert, I will be impressed if you do.  Let us know the reps name if you actually get one that can help!  Sarah was one I got that helped with a few past issues, but not a $30 cert.  She requested a replacement for a kingdom hearts figure that they sent me something else, I got a shipping email that it was sent, but instead of it just being blank, it has its own order number and looks like they charged again for it.  Anyone ever had that happen?

#37549 Grogu   Where's my knob? CAG Veteran   83 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:14 PM

All the time. I just toss them or save them in a box for future trade-ins

Thanks, I just got back from trading in my one game that I received so far, without any problems. I was able to use my $5 monthly PUR coupon and a $5 cert on a $35 Xbox gift card.

They were busy packing orders to ship out and there was a big pile of stuff. The manager said "I don't want to be here when the Fedex guy gets here". Now I understand why they don't have accurate tracking, because the Fedex guy just loads all the packages without scanning them when he picks them up. It's too much work for him/her to scan over 100 packages before they leave the store.

#37550 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:01 PM

So after my B1G1 was split for partially shipped, the tracking for the copy that was supposed to arrived today has no info and it says to contact the carrier; which is fedex. What is going on here? They haven’t cancelled my full order yet either

#37551 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:25 PM

Quick question for the GameStop regulars. Ordered a new copy of 13 Sentinels last week, along with a filler game to hit the free shipping threshold. However, got spooked when others were reporting the possibility of GameStop mailing gutted copies of new games, and placed a second order from Amazon too. Received the Amazon order first with everything as expected, so once the GameStop order finally came in, I went today to my local store to return the games. There was no issue getting the return, but the associate gave me cash back for the return, as opposed to a credit to my CC. The order was placed with a CC.

Is that typical in that situation? It’s not necessarily a problem, but it did strike me as weird, given that practically every other store (Walmart, Target, BB, etc) issues refunds in the same form as the purchase was made. I don’t normally shop at GameStop unless it’s last ditch, so was more curious than anything else.

#37552 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1886 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:37 PM

Does the buy 2 29.99+ games get a used game half off work in store too?

#37553 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3002 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:42 PM

Quick question for the GameStop regulars. Ordered a new copy of 13 Sentinels last week, along with a filler game to hit the free shipping threshold. However, got spooked when others were reporting the possibility of GameStop mailing gutted copies of new games, and placed a second order from Amazon too. Received the Amazon order first with everything as expected, so once the GameStop order finally came in, I went today to my local store to return the games. There was no issue getting the return, but the associate gave me cash back for the return, as opposed to a credit to my CC. The order was placed with a CC.

Is that typical in that situation? It’s not necessarily a problem, but it did strike me as weird, given that practically every other store (Walmart, Target, BB, etc) issues refunds in the same form as the purchase was made. I don’t normally shop at GameStop unless it’s last ditch, so was more curious than anything else.

Happens sometimes, usually with new employees.

#37554 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:50 PM

Got 4 "new" games that are opened and have used stickers on them. Going to be fun trying to exchange / return those in store.

#37555 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:00 PM

Got 4 "new" games that are opened and have used stickers on them. Going to be fun trying to exchange / return those in store.

classic gamestop :puke:

#37556 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

someone else bought used games and got sealed copies so that sounds about right

#37557 Masterof2D  

Masterof2D

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

I got 2 copies each of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl because of the B2G2 and all 4 games i got are bootlegs. Do they not check them before shipment? 2 of them are obvious by the sticker and the pother 2 are obvious by looking at the back of the cartridge. Id hope they would get better at this but i guess they dont get enough returns to care

#37558 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:40 PM

I got 2 copies each of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl because of the B2G2 and all 4 games i got are bootlegs. Do they not check them before shipment? 2 of them are obvious by the sticker and the pother 2 are obvious by looking at the back of the cartridge. Id hope they would get better at this but i guess they dont get enough returns to care

They don’t show employees how to spot fakes, had a few fake copies of Heartgold and Soulsilver last time I ordered.

#37559 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3065 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:41 PM

I received 11 games and all had cases. Dreams do come true.

I ordered Metroid Prime Hunters 3 times this summer, and got the First Hunt demo each time. With their turnover, they'll hire anybody, and they're not trained to spot fakes. Little Jimmy isn't going to notice a bootleg as long as it still plays, so the return rate is probably pretty low. 

Also, they probably hate their job/life, so whenever I get a soundtrack or bonus DVD instead of a game disc, I just imagine the employee looking at it, saying " Fuck this guy" and shipping it anyway.

#37560 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

I’ve had good luck when Pokémon games are shipped from their Texas warehouse, and terrible luck when shipped from a store.