* * * - - 32 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#38401 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3152 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 10:16 AM

Lol. GS reeled me in again. I renewed my membership due to the 10k points promo. I figured that I could use the monthly coupon on some “The Office” Mystery Minis (don’t judge). I guess the figures are now rare in my area so I got the last 3 in my store.

The clerk charged my renewal and one box on the first transaction. He then used the welcome coupon and the Dec coupon on the last 2 boxes. He had a bit of trouble but the total came out to $0. It wasn’t until I got home that I noticed that he used the Dec coupon but wasn’t able to use the welcome coupon and just put $5 cash tendered. I know he used the Dec coupon because it disappeared from my active offers. He did sign the welcome coupon on my receipt but the code is still legible. I’ll see if I can convince someone to use the code on an eshop card.

BTW, the 10k points posted on my account the following day.

#38402 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:02 AM

Pretty disappointing "holiday sale" & weekly ad...  when the best deal that isn't even advertised is renewing your membership  :dunce:

#38403 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 20 December 2020 - 11:56 AM

I think I've read conflicting reports but does the $5 monthly coupon apply correctly to sale games? Ie bioshock switch on sale for $20 monthly coupon makes it $15

#38404 Phi  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:00 PM

I think I've read conflicting reports but does the $5 monthly coupon apply correctly to sale games? Ie bioshock switch on sale for $20 monthly coupon makes it $15

In store, yes. On the website, it's not always a given.

#38405 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   3047 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:33 PM

Has anyone gotten their $10 Immortals game coin yet?

#38406 Junkrat  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:44 PM

I got the Immortals game coin 2 days after purchase. Then 2 days after that it dissapeared for no reason.

#38407 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17207 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:43 PM

Hi folks. I know this has been answered before but info seems to change a lot with GS.

I’m thinking of signing up for Pro. Can someone confirm: You get $5 per month that you can use on eshop cards? Does it have to be in store? I’m assuming it’s a use it or lose it situation?

#38408 Phi  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:48 PM

Hi folks. I know this has been answered before but info seems to change a lot with GS.
I’m thinking of signing up for Pro. Can someone confirm: You get $5 per month that you can use on eshop cards? Does it have to be in store? I’m assuming it’s a use it or lose it situation?

Yes to all. The only speculation you got incorrectly is that you can't really get eshop cards online using the code, just *some* physical items online.

#38409 hooknsling   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

hooknsling

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:56 PM

Pretty disappointing "holiday sale" & weekly ad...  when the best deal that isn't even advertised is renewing your membership  :dunce:

I already spent all my trade credit Monday and waiting for 100+ games to be delivered. I'm now in a deficit to pay off the x1x and ps5 i snagged during the saturday fiasco. 

#38410 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:56 PM

I haven’t personally used it on anything digital, but pretty sure you can.  To anyone that can stomach GameStop, and have been getting stuff with these constant 50% off deals, Pro is definitely worth it.  Took me awhile to sign on too.  The $5 cert does expire at end of the month.  You can actually use it twice a month, once online and once in store if you write the code down or save the email with it every month.  If they are still giving 10,000 points for sign up, it’s basically free to sign up since you get a $5 cert upon joining too.  $5 more for physical game informer magazine, or free for digital.  Worth it to me for the physical, kind of fun getting a monthly gaming mag again.  Plus you get 2x points I think with purchases, and other bonus offers.  So, if you are spending the money anyway and use the cert twice per month, it’s basically a free $120 per year worth of certs and $5 if you want a year of physical game informer.  The extra points you earn would add up too.

#38411 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17207 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:06 PM

I haven’t personally used it on anything digital, but pretty sure you can.  To anyone that can stomach GameStop, and have been getting stuff with these constant 50% off deals, Pro is definitely worth it.  Took me awhile to sign on too.  The $5 cert does expire at end of the month.  You can actually use it twice a month, once online and once in store if you write the code down or save the email with it every month.  If they are still giving 10,000 points for sign up, it’s basically free to sign up since you get a $5 cert upon joining too.  $5 more for physical game informer magazine, or free for digital.  Worth it to me for the physical, kind of fun getting a monthly gaming mag again.  Plus you get 2x points I think with purchases, and other bonus offers.  So, if you are spending the money anyway and use the cert twice per month, it’s basically a free $120 per year worth of certs and $5 if you want a year of physical game informer.  The extra points you earn would add up too.

thanks for the reply.  I can't find anything online that says 10k points for signing up.  Also, i was gonna use the promo 4 for $30 (14.99 and under) and of course it doesn't apply on the site even though it's on the site.

I hate GS.

#38412 Kakashi25  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

Can you not use the Game Coin coupons online? I got a $10 one for buying Immortals but I won't let me apply it.

#38413 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:33 PM

Currently on hold with customer service since they only sent one of the two MTG Jumpstart multi-packs I ordered (I only received one tracking number and the packing slips says there should be two in the package). Forty-eight minutes on hold and counting. Gotta love the holidays!

EDIT: I find it rather amusing that a company that sells video games can't properly loop its hold music.

EDIT 2: Two weeks for a replacement. After nearly an hour and a half on hold, I heard some lady talking to another in whatever language the call center speaks, so I kept trying to get their attention. Quite surreal. At least I'll get the second pack (though it was supposed to be a gift). At the end of the call, the lady said, "My name is...Joan" and I almost started laughing because I knew she nearly said her real name. She even giggled afterward. Gotta love call centers!

#38414 zanderlex  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:00 PM

I can use some opinions since Immortals Fenyx Rising is $40 at GS now. It's easily one of my most favorite Switch games but I regret getting it on the Switch because of how awesome the game looks, so I plan on getting a Playstation copy but I don't plan on playing it until I get a PS5. Is it better to buy the PS4 version in the off chance that I do want to play before getting a PS5 and then upgrade later or just buy the PS5 copy and hold on to it?

Also, do stores that are closing honor sale prices or do their discounts only apply to retail price?

#38415 CaptainButtlord   bang bang what's the hang CAGiversary!   1360 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

CaptainButtlord

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:22 PM

Can you not use the Game Coin coupons online? I got a $10 one for buying Immortals but I won't let me apply it.

I was trying to buy Immortals and use my Cyberpunk game coin but can’t figure it out either.

#38416 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 06:32 PM

If you are signed up for GameStop emails, the email they just sent a few hours ago says they are still giving 10,000 points for Pro sign up or renewal.  It had a link, but not sure I would trust that.  In store probably best, I heard others successful with that.

#38417 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   3047 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

I got the Immortals game coin 2 days after purchase. Then 2 days after that it dissapeared for no reason.

Oh wow, did it every come back?

#38418 Junkrat  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:26 PM

Nope, I called customer service and got 10k points added

#38419 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:59 PM

Oh wow, did it every come back?

Always screen shot your coupons

Mine disappeared but I showed the screen shot, and they scanned it and it applied like normal

#38420 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3928 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:13 PM

I can use some opinions since Immortals Fenyx Rising is $40 at GS now. It's easily one of my most favorite Switch games but I regret getting it on the Switch because of how awesome the game looks, so I plan on getting a Playstation copy but I don't plan on playing it until I get a PS5. Is it better to buy the PS4 version in the off chance that I do want to play before getting a PS5 and then upgrade later or just buy the PS5 copy and hold on to it?

Do not buy an ubisoft game well before you intend to play it.  They will drop in price (and continue to drop) faster than most.

#38421 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:35 PM

Okay, I'm going to sound stupid here for a moment...

My "Pro" expires on January 4th.  If I pay $15 now to extend it for another year, I should still get:

• $5 per month ($5 x 12 = $60) in monthly coupons
  • 10,000 points ... which is about $10 in credit via certificates?
  • $5 sign up coupon

Am I right in reading this? Would I essentially get $75 in store value for $15 now, or am I misreading something?

(Side note: Anyone have an idea of how I can pawn off my physical XCom 2 for Switch for anything approaching $20? It's available digital for that price, and I just bought the stupid thing...)

#38422 zanderlex  

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:38 PM

It disappeared from my account today as I was waiting in line to buy another copy.

My $10 Game Coin for spending $300 also disappeared a couple says after getting it and Gamestops response for both was that they expired.

#38423 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:16 AM

Okay, I'm going to sound stupid here for a moment...

My "Pro" expires on January 4th.  If I pay $15 now to extend it for another year, I should still get:

• $5 per month ($5 x 12 = $60) in monthly coupons
  • 10,000 points ... which is about $10 in credit via certificates?
  • $5 sign up coupon

Am I right in reading this? Would I essentially get $75 in store value for $15 now, or am I misreading something?

(Side note: Anyone have an idea of how I can pawn off my physical XCom 2 for Switch for anything approaching $20? It's available digital for that price, and I just bought the stupid thing...)

It's actually $75-$135 in "value" since GS's systems still allow you to use it twice.  :-

If you have a spare 15000 points just redeem the membership renewal cert... and no $ out of pocket!

#38424 GnomeWizard  

GnomeWizard

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:27 AM

It's actually $75-$135 in "value" since GS's systems still allow you to use it twice. :-

What what? That's a thing?

#38425 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:51 AM

can u renew ur pur pro with ur $5 monthly coupon if u still havent used it this month yet. and if yes if u do it this way will u still get the 10k xtra points or is it consider 2x promo. thx - Tim

edit: also is there xpiration date 4 the xtra 10k point.i think store is open later now than usual becus of xmas holiday hour. im kind of nervous about deal becus im afraid it wont work but at least if i use $5 coupon it wont be as big of a deal if it dont go thru. and if it does go thru it is a kicka** deal its basicaly like getting a yaer of pur pro 4 free...

This is a good question actually... anyone try this? 

#38426 reaperwilly   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

reaperwilly

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:18 AM

Buy 3 get 2 free isn't working for me. Is the offer in store too? Maybe I can just go tomorrow.

#38427 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4143 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:37 AM

Just redeemed 25,000 points for a $25 off online item and nothing in my active offers? Just how screwed am I?

#38428 Phi  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 07:01 AM

Just redeemed 25,000 points for a $25 off online item and nothing in my active offers? Just how screwed am I?

Sometimes they're at the bottom of your Active Offers list rather than at the top. But there's also a bigger problem - even if you find the code, good luck redeeming it online as those particular coupons usually glitch.

#38429 dbonez  

Posted 21 December 2020 - 07:47 AM

Don't those show up in the digital locker?

#38430 SosaSJ01  

SosaSJ01

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:41 AM

I just renewed my membership literally last month on 11/29, do ypu guys think if I call gamestop they can give me the 10k promotional points for this month for renewing since I literally just renewed it ?