* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#40591 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

Man, it's so easy to miss those crazy glitches. 

#40592 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:08 PM

Cool.. didn't see the fine print, hopefully still active thru the weekend. Might participate with the Tax Day 50% sale.   :beer:

Unfortunately end date shows 2/27 11:59PM CST, but maybe they'll mess up and keep it active.

#40593 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:15 PM

Not deal talk, but a thread of long time GameStop experts, much more so than me.  Within the next year or two, GameStop is probably going to be very very different.  Cohen has been pretty clear that his turn around plan for the company is based on our glorious all digital utopia.  People are excited about competent leadership, casting off dead weight dragging the company down.  Just thinking about it so far though, it doesn’t go beyond that yet, and what is good for the company is not necessarily good for the customer.  Honestly, so far his plans probably involve a lot more store closures, some digital revenue from Microsoft sales transactions (so expect to see their presence a lot more prominent), and we may be able to build computers in store?  That sounds like frys, which just shut down...I’m having a hard time seeing what the bigger plans might be, other than baseless enthusiasm to fuel stock market pump and dump fuckery versus reckless hedge fund short seller psychopaths trying to encourage and cash in on a bankruptcy.

How is GameStop going to insert itself into a digital future?  Microsoft let them dip a toe in, but what can gamestop provide for digital purchases that the PlayStation and Nintendo digital store don’t already provide directly?  The only way they get Sony and Nintendo on board to give them a digital cut is if they push Microsoft in store like they have never pushed a product before and it shows a direct impact on sales.  Unless they plan to create their own kind of subscription or rental service, but GameFly already does that and is mostly ignored.  A type of online retro and current gen marketplace could be good, like Amazon where you can buy direct and from third party sellers, but GameStop liquidated most of their retro stock and I don’t think they are getting much back anymore.  So that leaves them maybe being able to offer an eBay type storefront dedicated to gaming?  But that’s still not their focus, it’s digital...the only way I see them getting any involvement with that is if they can convince the publishers to allow more gatekeeping and paywalls exclusive to GameStop.  Beyond skins, they are probably going to have to come up with something even worse than that.  Or somehow facilitate digital trade ins?  You register an account with GameStop which has your PSN, Nintendo and Xbox user info.  Purchase a game digitally through gamestop and somehow you can only play it while it’s still “yours” in the GameStop account.  You trade it back in digitally to GameStop, and can’t play it anymore.  The publishers would need a sizable cut to allow and support it.  If they have enough connections and influence, I could see GameStop trying to argue it’s for the good of the whole industry in some way.  Something like that is the only way I see them existing without relying on physical sales and trade ins, but that sounds so stupid and impossible, publishers are not going to want to and probably cannot do that...So what can GameStop offer?  

As a side note, at a minimum, if Cohen and co are serious about turning the company around, physical trade ins should still be possible, but flipping for profit is probably done for within a year or two.

TL;DR I like this stock.

#40594 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7080 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:36 PM

or getting banned from the store.

Serious question, how many of you here have been banned from Gamestop and for what reason? I can't imagine trying to use your own credit on eligible items (from the registers perspective) would.

Personally I was banned during the great PvZ2 trade in event. I knew I was going to be trade banned and didn't care since the credit was too good. It was only a temporary ban for a month too which was fine with me.

#40595 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:49 PM

Serious question, how many of you here have been banned from Gamestop and for what reason? I can't imagine trying to use your own credit on eligible items (from the registers perspective) would.

Personally I was banned during the great PvZ2 trade in event. I knew I was going to be trade banned and didn't care since the credit was too good. It was only a temporary ban for a month too which was fine with me.

When I said that I was implying the other option would be a total jerk about it where they would ban you. Because honestly, some members here definitely would do that.

I've heard of people trying to steal a trade in transaction by offering more to the person and then getting kicked out/banned.

#40596 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7080 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:07 PM

Steal a trade in transaction? What does that entail? 

But yeah, being an ass to employees is never a good thing. Gotta be polite, knowing that most issues can be resolved with a survey.

#40597 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:11 PM

Steal a trade in transaction? What does that entail?

But yeah, being an ass to employees is never a good thing. Gotta be polite, knowing that most issues can be resolved with a survey.

Basically someone walks in with something we'd all want (maybe a limited edition 3DS) and while the employee is ringing in the trades I walk up to the customer and offer him $20 more in cash than what the employee is offering. It's tempting to do but very fucked up.

#40598 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:16 AM

Basically someone walks in with something we'd all want (maybe a limited edition 3DS) and while the employee is ringing in the trades I walk up to the customer and offer him $20 more in cash than what the employee is offering. It's tempting to do but very fucked up.

I got banned from my old GS that I used to work out years ago for doing this. I had just quit anyway, so I didn't care.

#40599 Alexpguy  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:39 AM

I didn't receive any pick up emails but I went to 2 stores already and they had my games ready.

#40600 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16834 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:41 AM

Just put him on ignore.

he's a dbag that gets off on telling people about their life choices.   Sometimes you gotta recognize a troll.  You're right, it's easier to just put him on ignore.

#40601 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:59 AM

I didn't receive any pick up emails but I went to 2 stores already and they had my games ready.

hmm guess i need to call the stores so i dont drive 15 mins for no reason

#40602 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:12 AM

Unfortunately end date shows 2/27 11:59PM CST, but maybe they'll mess up and keep it active.

Boo... I'll probably pickup a few $19.99 games I need for the shelf and hope it triggers the legit coupon just for fun. 

I've heard of people trying to steal a trade in transaction by offering more to the person and then getting kicked out/banned.

I've bought stuff the guy in front of me traded in a few times, they had to print some stickers first though!  :whee:

Yea, I had a few packages arrive from Fedex today from the coupon fun. No shipping notice or update in order history.  :dunce:

#40603 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:19 AM

I see a $20 gift card in my cart since I have a bunch of games in my cart anyone know what the deal is?

#40604 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:27 AM

I see a $20 gift card in my cart since I have a bunch of games in my cart anyone know what the deal is?

Its for buying 19.99 and up preowned games. I think it was $40 gets $10 gift card, $80 is $20 gift card and $100 is $30 gift card free. Supposed to end midnight cst tonight though. Depending on what you are picking up, might be better off waiting for 5 $19.99 and under 50% off sale, which should start at midnight, when the other sale ends, or hope for an overlap of both sales.

#40605 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:52 AM

Its for buying 19.99 and up preowned games. I think it was $40 gets $10 gift card, $80 is $20 gift card and $100 is $30 gift card free. Supposed to end midnight cst tonight though. Depending on what you are picking up, might be better off waiting for 5 $19.99 and under 50% off sale, which should start at midnight, when the other sale ends, or hope for an overlap of both sales.

Thank you

#40606 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:12 AM

Looks like the 50% off is active

Dead Cells (S)

Slay the Spire (S)

Death Mark (S)

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid (PS4)

Digimon Cyber Sleuth (S)

All for $53.XX  shipped

#40607 GameRTR  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:22 AM

I've been trying to checkout for like 20 minutes and I keep getting the "amount is not valid" error on the app and browser. so frustrating

#40608 Chargin73   Great Scott CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Chargin73

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:31 AM

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning PS4 

Borderlands 3 PS4 

Fallout 76 PS4 

Witcher III Complete PS4 

Destroy all Humans PS4 

The Outer Worlds PS4 

PS4 Back Button

All for $60 shipped

#40609 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1469 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:43 AM

I've been trying to checkout for like 20 minutes and I keep getting the "amount is not valid" error on the app and browser. so frustrating

I was getting the same thing and similar errors. Ended up opening a private browser & checking out as a guest. Rather not have the points and get the games I want before they sell out.

#40610 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:45 AM

Log out.  Add any item to cart.  Log in.  Rebuild cart, checkout.

Also I had the problem where a game wouldn't add to cart in chrome.  Had to checkout through edge.

Was pleasantly surprised by the preowned prices on:

:xb1: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
:ps4: Wonderful 101 Remastered
:ps4: :xb1: Alamur Rereckoning

#40611 toska  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 06:58 AM

wish tony hawk would hit 20 bucks already

picked up hitman 2 and stocked up on playstation hits.

#40612 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:21 AM

With 50% off preowned Ni no kuni for switch came out to $9, spongebob on switch was $9.50, dreams was $4.50, and RE2 was $8. Awesome prices.

#40613 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 28 February 2021 - 07:48 AM

Got Dark Souls Remastered, Death Stranding, Tetris Effect for me to play on PSVR and Puyo Puyo Tetris for the GF, GI Joe Operation Blackout (I know it sucks but I'm a sucker for nostalgia) for $48.

#40614 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3066 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:39 AM

I love when sale prices stack with the 50% sales  :D/

#40615 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

Placed my first order on the preowned deal, I see that you might get disc only games. Anyone got good luck recently buying preowned ps4/xbox one/switch games coming complete?

#40616 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:18 AM

Nice. Was able to get Digimon, sonic mania plus, Xonic, X com collection and Bioshock collection for $48. All switch

#40617 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:48 AM

No longer stacks? Fine by me as there’s not much for my taste.

#40618 ritchardf  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:18 PM

did pretty well, death stranding, lego city undercover, dreams, wonderful 101 and amalur re reckoning for $40 shipped. all ps4. now hoping to trade in my old slim for $190 later today.

#40619 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:18 PM

Nice to see the sale prices actually work on a promotion for once. Picked up 6 games for $46 shipped:

Destroy All Humans! remake

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

G.I. Joe Operation Blackout (just out of curiosity)

The Wonderful 101: Remastered

Mortal Kombat 11 (vanilla)

No Straight Roads

#40620 toska  

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:23 PM

ran into games that dont work like golden sun for ds

think its just gamestop being gamestop