* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#40741 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:36 AM

Agreed. It's a weak statement to argue that the most affordable system relative to the market is not affordable.

You’re looking at the market as traditional video games but I’m looking at it as entertainment. For those looking for gifts, $60 tablets with mostly poor quality, advertisement-filled games look pretty good next to a $200 Switch. I guess there’s Super Mario Run and Mario Kart Live.

#40742 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:50 AM

You’re looking at the market as traditional video games but I’m looking at it as entertainment. For those looking for gifts, $60 tablets with mostly poor quality, advertisement-filled games look pretty good next to a $200 Switch. I guess there’s Super Mario Run and Mario Kart Live.

i don't know how you're going to compare tablet games to console games

#40743 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2174 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:16 AM

You can use the $5.00 monthly PUR coupon online. But I’m pretty sure that you cannot use the point redemption coupons online.

So all of the online coupons doesn’t work ? I saw there is $5, $10 and $15 online coupon available.

#40744 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:13 AM

Anyone ever have an issue with a giftcard order going through and then receiving an email saying they couldn't process payment? Their giftcard's original as being what I paid and then is now $0, but is asking me to update payment for my order... 

#40745 htoxad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:24 AM

Anyone ever have an issue with a giftcard order going through and then receiving an email saying they couldn't process payment? Their giftcard's original as being what I paid and then is now $0, but is asking me to update payment for my order... 

You could try calling. I just let mine run out the clock and get canceled after about a week.

#40746 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:21 AM

You could try calling. I just let mine run out the clock and get canceled after about a week.

Hm... given my past history with their CS lines, I'd rather save this as a last resort. But with just letting it cancel, I doubt i'll get my giftcard funds back- already got screwed once. 

#40747 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:49 AM

Are you fucking trolling dude?

#40748 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:52 PM

Upcoming Target ad has select Mario games for $38.99. With Mario day coming up (March 10th, MAR10), expect similar deals at the big retailers.

Mario maker 2
Mario & sonic Olympic Games
Mario tennis
Luigis mansion
Mario party

#40749 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3853 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:53 PM

Happened to me last week. They increased the tax I was being charged after the fact so it wouldn't process the payment cause the gift card didn't have enough on it. I contacted their support twice who said the email was a mistake the order was processing, then the order was canceled. Gift card funds were returned but still annoyed.

So also word to the wise, gamestop may be charging people more than they agreed to after the fact. Was only like $1.50 but noticed my confirmation email listed one number for tax but the website order details was higher. My gift card had no other funds so they couldn't but if I has paid with a card I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Note, I used my $5 monthly coupon in that order (lost forever now) so that could have been part of what triggered the issue ok their site.

#40750 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24206 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:13 PM

Happened to me last week. They increased the tax I was being charged after the fact so it wouldn't process the payment cause the gift card didn't have enough on it. I contacted their support twice who said the email was a mistake the order was processing, then the order was canceled. Gift card funds were returned but still annoyed.

So also word to the wise, gamestop may be charging people more than they agreed to after the fact. Was only like $1.50 but noticed my confirmation email listed one number for tax but the website order details was higher. My gift card had no other funds so they couldn't but if I has paid with a card I wouldn't have ever noticed.

Note, I used my $5 monthly coupon in that order (lost forever now) so that could have been part of what triggered the issue ok their site.

Ah... yup, you're right. My order price increased by 30 cents... and what do you know, you can use the giftcards on it. Jesus, what a piece of shit website. 

EDIT* also used my monthly PUR on it, so that's gone. 

#40751 Only One Haze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Only One Haze

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:42 PM

Has anyone gotten shipping notification from the Dual Sense Charge Station from Feb. 25th? Was able to order one but when I check status it says "Awaiting Product Availability". I used trade credit online. First time I've ever done that, have seen horror stories so I'm a little worried.

#40752 toska  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:54 PM

Has anyone gotten shipping notification from the Dual Sense Charge Station from Feb. 25th? Was able to order one but when I check status it says "Awaiting Product Availability". I used trade credit online. First time I've ever done that, have seen horror stories so I'm a little worried.

i ordered a ps5 headset that said awaiting product as well.
ordered on the nov 30th and didnt get it til dec 19th.
so hopefully you will get it too but it will take a while probably

#40753 Only One Haze   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   233 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Only One Haze

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:22 PM

Cool, thanks!

#40754 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 03:36 PM

Next week's "tax day" sale looks very similar to this week's + some common mario sales ... (preview from GS)

A4DGYiM.png

#40755 Alexpguy  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:02 PM

I'm going to call later but does anyone know if they will take in an Xbox One S that doesn't make it to make it to the home screen? It powers and displays but even after trying the offline update, it won't get past 50% on the setup screen before throwing up the "Something went wrong" screen.

#40756 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:12 PM

I'm going to call later but does anyone know if they will take in an Xbox One S that doesn't make it to make it to the home screen? It powers and displays but even after trying the offline update, it won't get past 50% on the setup screen before throwing up the "Something went wrong" screen.

Typically they will but will charge a refurb fee. I traded in a PS4 Pro that had a blinking blue light last month.

#40757 Alexpguy  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:15 PM

Typically they will but will charge a refurb fee. I traded in a PS4 Pro that had a blinking blue light last month.

Thanks, I believe you still get the trade in bonus even if they charge the refurb fee, so I imagine this is the best I'm ever going to do.

#40758 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, I believe you still get the trade in bonus even if they charge the refurb fee, so I imagine this is the best I'm ever going to do.

You do. I got the $50 bonus on the ps4 pro.

#40759 ChuckyDJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:13 PM

Might be a little late in posting this but did anyone else notice their wish list has returned? Just saw this happen after about a 6 month+ hiatus. 

#40760 Alexpguy  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:18 PM

You do. I got the $50 bonus on the ps4 pro.

Do you remember what the refurb fee was? $40 or $60?

#40761 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:23 PM

Do you remember what the refurb fee was? $40 or $60?

Refurb fee depends on the system, I think it was $50-60 though since I got about $170 in credit for the PS4 pro.

#40762 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

So -sorry, just clarifying- an Xbox One 500gig that's listed as trading for $75 right now will get a $50 bonus? So $125, total?

I'm assuming that's credit only, not if you choose cash?

Thanks for the info.

#40763 IAMSAM34  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:53 PM

Next week's "tax day" sale looks very similar to this week's + some common mario sales ... (preview from GS)

A4DGYiM.png

Do you have a link?

#40764 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

So -sorry, just clarifying- an Xbox One 500gig that's listed as trading for $75 right now will get a $50 bonus? So $125, total?

I'm assuming that's credit only, not if you choose cash?

Thanks for the info.

Yes, the bonus is credit only.

#40765 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:03 PM

This is what happened to me. I thought I had enough on my rewards card to cover my Series S. Well they put two 1.79 charges on orders after the fact that dropped me to 298.79. So I didn't cover the order. Now I have to wait for them to return my funds to my rewards card. I charged it with my credit card and will return / rebuy with trade credit when and if it shows up. The lady on the phone said I had an amount on my trade card I cannot see. This sucks.

#40766 RegretItLater  

RegretItLater

Posted 05 March 2021 - 09:57 PM

Tax Day Sale Part 2  from 3/7 - 3/13

-  select Nintendo Switch games $38.99 (including SMM2, Luigi Mansion 3, Super Mario Party)

- B2G1Free select Amiibo 

- Free SM 16 oz. glasses w/purchase of Nintendo Switch Lite

-  up to 55% off select new games for XBOX, PS, Nintendo & PC

- $10 Funko Pop, reg. $12 Pops

- $10 all regular t-shirts

- $50 xtra credit when trade any game console

I got this info from the comicbook website.

#40767 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15058 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

A4DGYiM.png

Magic finally gets a GameStop sale now that they can't keep Pokemon in stock and the amount of MTG inventory the stores here in STL have is pretty much zero.

#40768 Momouchi  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:06 PM

Are the $39 Mario games new or pre-owned? I can't get the picture big enough to tell

#40769 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:19 PM

Are the $39 Mario games new or pre-owned? I can't get the picture big enough to tell

New, crossed out price is $59.99

#40770 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:45 PM

New. It’s a universal sale across retailers. 35% off.

So I finally encountered the dreaded trade limit exceeded ban for the first time on one of the accounts I use. I track all my trades so I’m not sure what caused it. I hit 1,925 in trades between 1/29-2/22 and today was the first trade I attempted. Hopefully it’s just a 30 day.