* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#40951 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:46 PM

Traded Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe toward Outriders on Xbox for $65. No word of any reusable bags.

#40952 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:28 PM

Went back today to get that bonus added for the Rise trade in. New manager has no idea how to work the system. Somehow gives me the additional credit and another copy of Monster Hunter fully paid off. Not sure how that happened, but I'll go fix it at some point.

Does this mean that rise still isn't triggering the +20% today?

#40953 nesuser  

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:42 PM

Does this mean that rise still isn't triggering the +20% today?

Couldn't tell you, since it got messed up. It doesn't show up on my reciept, but they did have a sign up in the door for the 30% boost.

#40954 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:14 PM

So I finally encountered the dreaded trade limit exceeded ban for the first time on one of the accounts I use. I track all my trades so I’m not sure what caused it. I hit 1,925 in trades between 1/29-2/22 and today was the first trade I attempted. Hopefully it’s just a 30 day.

Got informed of a trade ban tonight. No idea why. Traded only twice since the PS5 launch. My only guess is that I was jrd at my last trade but for no reason. Spoke with the DM and 2 SL questioning why the DM signed off on that BS. No answers, many questions.

Remember reading these posts and wondering if I also got the ban hammer hitting similar limits back in Jan… and after trying to trade in today towards Rise… looks like I'm in the same boat. Plus it looks like my ban is > 30 days if it initiated on my last trade in early Feb. My homestore SL seemed a bit standoffish when he said he had no idea what was going on, so I feel like it might have been a targeted ban and not automatic (assume first bans are 30 days typically?). Said a few other regulars also got the same error message as well, but all heresay to me!  

I can definitely see how a manual review of my trade-in activity would seem pretty suspicious (20+ copies of a few high volume titles in 2 years). Oh well, I don't plan to find a work around with multiple IDs / accounts, so if it’s a perma-ban, I guess I'll have to wean myself off the GME teet and do something productive in life like finishing the house renos!  :bomb:

upy0Vhx.png

I still have a good chunk of credit and my PUR account seems fine - all points still there and accumulating with each purchase. Customer service still seems to respond to my requests fine (the replacement for the last few copies of Mario Sonic Olympics came in last week). 

Anyone else find themselves trade banned this year? Its an exclusive club!  :D/

#40955 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:17 PM

I have been banned twice in the last 3 years and both times it lasted 3 months. They do a 30 day ban?

#40956 toska  

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:28 PM

dont see the option to wishlist anything anymore for some reason

#40957 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:08 PM

They've been trying to sneak them onto receipts here, but no mention of a 10% trade bonus. I assume that if my district were offering it, they would use that as the tactic to sell the bags instead

I thought they were just saying some BS to get me to buy a bag, but it turned out to be true. Nice to get 20% boost overall and don't have to deal with trading towards anything.

#40958 Ric Flair   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Ric Flair

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:28 PM

Gamestop sure loves to ship my orders without updating them from preparing to shipped, thus resulting in having no clue where it is because I have no tracking number .

#40959 Alexpguy  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:11 AM

Just traded in, Monster Hunter Rise was not working but Outriders was at my store.

#40960 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:35 AM

Remember reading these posts and wondering if I also got the ban hammer hitting similar limits back in Jan… and after trying to trade in today towards Rise… looks like I'm in the same boat. Plus it looks like my ban is > 30 days if it initiated on my last trade in early Feb. My homestore SL seemed a bit standoffish when he said he had no idea what was going on, so I feel like it might have been a targeted ban and not automatic (assume first bans are 30 days typically?). Said a few other regulars also got the same error message as well, but all heresay to me!  

I can definitely see how a manual review of my trade-in activity would seem pretty suspicious (20+ copies of a few high volume titles in 2 years). Oh well, I don't plan to find a work around with multiple IDs / accounts, so if it’s a perma-ban, I guess I'll have to wean myself off the GME teet and do something productive in life like finishing the house renos!  :bomb:

upy0Vhx.png

I still have a good chunk of credit and my PUR account seems fine - all points still there and accumulating with each purchase. Customer service still seems to respond to my requests fine (the replacement for the last few copies of Mario Sonic Olympics came in last week). 

Anyone else find themselves trade banned this year? Its an exclusive club!  :D/

I found out today my personal account was also trade banned, making it 2 out of 3 accounts that are flagged. I moved onto the 3rd account at other stores on my route. I wonder how they triggered the ban as the 3rd account is just as active and I traded on all three during the February stealth bump through 2/22.  The worst part is that I'm sitting on about 400 games accumulated from the last wave closing stores in February and another 100+ from the tax day 50% sale. 

For comparison of trades including bonuses between 1/29-2/22

Acct #1 -  ~1,925 credit 110 titles

Acct #2 - ~1,670 credit  94 titles

Acct #3 -  ~1,685 credit 96 titles 

This also reminds me that I need to call CS about Mario Sonic Olympics from back in December as well.  

I thought they were just saying some BS to get me to buy a bag, but it turned out to be true. Nice to get 20% boost overall and don't have to deal with trading towards anything.

If you're trading any number of games that total 25 base combined, it only makes sense to throw a preorder just for the bonus...   

#40961 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 03:34 AM

I have been banned twice in the last 3 years and both times it lasted 3 months. They do a 30 day ban?

No clue! My first time... google searches seemed to indicate a 30 day, so not sure what others have experienced. 

dont see the option to wishlist anything anymore for some reason

Probably the monkies working on the website broke the icon/link. For a few days the weekly ad icon disappeared too! 

I found out today my personal account was also trade banned, making it 2 out of 3 accounts that are flagged. I moved onto the 3rd account at other stores on my route. I wonder how they triggered the ban as the 3rd account is just as active and I traded on all three during the February stealth bump through 2/22.  The worst part is that I'm sitting on about 400 games accumulated from the last wave closing stores in February and another 100+ from the tax day 50% sale. 

I too have a few extra copies accumulated, but mostly liquidated everything but switch titles. 

#40962 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:10 PM

Interesting, trade values have not changed yet from weekend bump, but they could change later this morning. Or could last another day or so.

#40963 mikespit1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1347 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:51 PM

I’m debating if I should get the PS4/ps5 version of hitman 3 either on disk or digital. I have both a PS4 and ps5 so I’m not sure if I bought the digital version I could dl to both consoles, or if I get disk on PS4 if I’d get the upgraded graphics on ps5. Anyone know?

#40964 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38071 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:53 PM

I’m debating if I should get the PS4/ps5 version of hitman 3 either on disk or digital. I have both a PS4 and ps5 so I’m not sure if I bought the digital version I could dl to both consoles, or if I get disk on PS4 if I’d get the upgraded graphics on ps5. Anyone know?

I don't think Hitman 3 has a free upgrade option. I've heard the PS5 version is superior in several ways (mostly graphically but also technically such as shorter load times), so personally I decided to just wait for a discount on the PS5 version.

#40965 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:58 PM

I was banned once and was told it was a 3 month.  I called 3x after 3 month periods and still banned.  I've just accepted it as a permaban and trade on another account

#40966 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 06:21 PM

Interesting, trade values have not changed yet from weekend bump, but they could change later this morning. Or could last another day or so.

Looks like weekend values are still holding.  Unless it's one of those cases where instore values don't match the website.

#40967 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:27 PM

The used Super Mario 3D All Stars I ordered on Friday arrived today with the case. Came out to $37.99 after the $10 gift card. Not too shabby!

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy. (Update: Leaving my blonde moment here for entertainment)

#40968 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4145 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:35 PM

The used Super Mario 3D All Stars I ordered on Friday arrived today with the case. Came out to $37.99 after the $10 gift card. Not too shabby!

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy.

Wouldn't that be your save? I didn't think any of the switch games stored save files

#40969 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:39 PM

Looks like the original owner got 11 stars in Mario 64 and called it quits. No save files in Sunshine or Galaxy.

Make sure you change the save battery out within the next 10 years.

#40970 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

Wouldn't that be your save? I didn't think any of the switch games stored save files

HAHAHA you’re totally right. I am so used to 3DS games. Oops. 🤫

#40971 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:55 PM

Values dropped

#40972 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:10 PM

Values dropped

Based on...? You tried a trade in store? The app/ website is still showing the same values.

#40973 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:14 PM

Based on...? You tried a trade in store? The app/ website is still showing the same values.

My bad, values match app in store.

#40974 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:10 PM

I got bump values in a trade done this afternoon. All 8 games I traded matched what is shown on the website.

With the tc I ordered a n3ds XL + games bundle.  A few left instock at the time of this post.

#40975 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 16 March 2021 - 11:54 PM

I got bump values in a trade done this afternoon. All 8 games I traded matched what is shown on the website.

With the tc I ordered a n3ds XL + games bundle. A few left instock at the time of this post.

THANK YOU! I've been camping the N3DS listings forever and always seem to miss when they restock. Ordered a bundle and a galaxy edition since I don't want to pay the insane scalper prices I see on a lot of consoles right now. Oddly, both listings showed OOS for me and wouldn't come up on a filter until I clicked on the actual page. Maybe that's why I haven't had luck lately lol

#40976 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2174 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:44 AM

Posted 10 March 2021 - 06:04 AM

I have 150000 points in reward points .. it is difficult to spend in store for me. Can I purchase some toys online paid by my credit card first and then return them instore and repurchase with my $50 reward certificates by redeeming 50000 points ?

It is so frustrating that GameStop still haven’t fixed the online system for letting us redeem online coupon and use it online.

#40977 toska  

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

i use mine on stuff i know wont tank like ps5 accesories and i put 5 down on ryza 2 then paid it off with points on release date

im struggling to use my 5 bucks or birthday coupon currently

#40978 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1198 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:01 PM

trade bump values still holding, a lot of price increases, mostly on 3ds, ds, and wii games. Pokemon DS games at $70, wii sports at $50, for example.

#40979 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 17 March 2021 - 12:53 PM

trade bump values still holding, a lot of price increases, mostly on 3ds, ds, and wii games. Pokemon DS games at $70, wii sports at $50, for example.

GameStop wants those Biden bucks.

#40980 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:07 PM

Anyone else got a email from GS saying MH Rise console bundle is arriving today?