* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#41731 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:32 AM

Base value just dropped to $7, so $10.50 now. Price also dropped to 18.99, so likely why it dropped, so it could go back up if the sale ends.

Great, I was finna boomerang or something and replace my crappy cases with new cases. It’s been a year or so since I’ve done that too. Smh gamestop

#41732 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:45 AM

Usually they move pretty quickly. I occasionally buy stuff and those games for the 30/50% off then resell those. I actually just sold resident evil tonight while I was at work. 

Which RE? RE3 remake?

#41733 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:51 AM

gamestonk is desperate for used games nowadays because their stock has been plundered. don't give into their crappy trade in values. HODR

#41734 Mazter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:39 PM

Hmm... any stuff worth a future flip with today's DOTD 4/$60? I see godeater 3 for switch might be good starting tomorrow w/ the 50% bump...

#41735 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:47 PM

Hmm... any stuff worth a future flip with today's DOTD 4/$60? I see godeater 3 for switch might be good starting tomorrow w/ the 50% bump...

God Eater 3 for switch is $27.99 so it won't count towards the deal. Most games that are $24.99 seem to be trading in for $7-8 so even flipping with the 50% bonus wouldn't be worth it. Maybe if you wanted to convert some credit to cash you could buy 4 popular games and sell for $15 each on Offer Up and get 1:1 credit to cash.

#41736 Mazter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:55 PM

God Eater 3 for switch is $27.99 so it won't count towards the deal. Most games that are $24.99 seem to be trading in for $7-8 so even flipping with the 50% bonus wouldn't be worth it. Maybe if you wanted to convert some credit to cash you could buy 4 popular games and sell for $15 each on Offer Up and get 1:1 credit to cash.

Ah crap... you're right... I was looking at the PS4's price and screwed myself over. Welp, guess nothing for me to do this time around. Thanks for clarifying

#41737 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:31 AM

Looks like my first trade limit exceeded strike was a permanent one. Guessing an actual person looked at my trade in history vs purchase history and decided it wasn't in their best interest to allow me to continue. (traded in a few sets of games 20+ times is probably pretty shady looking)  :no: As far as I know I didn't violate any of the previously known rules (2k,500,4x over 30 days)... luckily I didn't have much stock left. 

Good luck with the upcoming +50% all, trade safe!  :dunce:

#41738 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:49 AM

Looks like my first trade limit exceeded strike was a permanent one. Guessing an actual person looked at my trade in history vs purchase history and decided it wasn't in their best interest to allow me to continue. (traded in a few sets of games 20+ times is probably pretty shady looking)  :no: As far as I know I didn't violate any of the previously known rules (2k,500,4x over 30 days)... luckily I didn't have much stock left. 

I’d give it 90 days. I’m in the same boat except with 250 more games to unload.

#41739 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:52 AM

I was looking back over my Pokémon game collection from ~2 years ago when I took advantage of the B1G1 and B2G1 sales, and realized I’m missing the manual and paperwork for Black version. I would buy the carts in-store back then and get the cases/manuals on EBay for $10-15. Seeing now that just the case and manuals sell for $40+ (CIB with game for Black V2 is $150+) is absolutely mind blowing. I feel like GameStop caused this supply/demand issue by throwing away everything but the carts, along with discontinuing the sale of DS games at B&M locations.

I guess I will stick with a missing manual!

#41740 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

gamestonk is desperate for used games nowadays because their stock has been plundered. don't give into their crappy trade in values. HODR

Kind of feel like if you didn't take advantage of the "50% off $29.99" or similar sales, you're screwed. Prices on games are awful, I haven't seen any good deals on pre-owned stuff in awhile, and in-store stock is atrocious.

Hope I'm wrong. Even game trades have been suckier than usual. This last bump only lasting 2 days was a real kick in the nuts.

#41741 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:58 AM

I was looking back over my Pokémon game collection from ~2 years ago when I took advantage of the B1G1 and B2G1 sales, and realized I’m missing the manual and paperwork for Black version. I would buy the carts in-store back then and get the cases/manuals on EBay for $10-15. Seeing now that just the case and manuals sell for $40+ (CIB with game for Black V2 is $150+) is absolutely mind blowing. I feel like GameStop caused this supply/demand issue by throwing away everything but the carts, along with discontinuing the sale of DS games at B&M locations.

I guess I will stick with a missing manual!

Buy a blank case and just reprint the manual yourself?

#41742 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4019 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:59 AM

Buy a blank case and just reprint the manual yourself?

Reprint a manual? Do you mean cover art insert?

#41743 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 16 April 2021 - 01:40 AM

Reprint a manual? Do you mean cover art insert?

Nah, the manual if you're up for it. It's just mid-heavy weight, glossy copy paper at best. Photo paper should work. And then just staple. The hard part is just finding a digital copy to print if it's unlisted.

#41744 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:03 AM

Did they told you it was permanent? Last time I got banned from trading but that went away after 90 days.

#41745 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6328 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:07 AM

Which RE? RE3 remake?

origins collection iirc. 

#41746 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:10 AM

Can't tell from the ad but is the extra 50% tic good on Wii games? Are stores even accepting Wii games again?

#41747 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   934 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:16 AM

It's not live yet. How would anyone know? But yes the stores are. A very simple way to check is to see if it has a value above $0.01.

Several + months ago they weren't accepting wii games in my area. Wasn't sure if that was corporate wide.

#41748 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 16 April 2021 - 03:36 AM

I traded in Mario Galaxy a few weeks ago on Wii, so ymmv. The system takes it, I guess it depends on if the employee will.

#41749 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   354 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:34 AM

Kind of feel like if you didn't take advantage of the "50% off $29.99" or similar sales, you're screwed. Prices on games are awful, I haven't seen any good deals on pre-owned stuff in awhile, and in-store stock is atrocious.

Hope I'm wrong. Even game trades have been suckier than usual. This last bump only lasting 2 days was a real kick in the nuts.

Yeah, they haven't had one of those in a while unfortunately. Although, their used game prices don't make any sense. Why they are charging $55 for recent garbage that is worthless and only $70 for heartgold and soulsilver is beyond me. No wonder they don't have stock of anything good.

#41750 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 16 April 2021 - 05:11 AM

Can't tell from the ad but is the extra 50% tic good on Wii games? Are stores even accepting Wii games again?

what wii games are you trying to dump? might be interested

#41751 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:30 AM

Did they told you it was permanent? Last time I got banned from trading but that went away after 90 days.

Well, it's only been 60 days, but when I escalated it up thru the store manager to the regional level see if I could get the restriction lifted, he said it was a permanent ban.. with no listed reason given. I guess I could try after 90 just for fun.  :no:

I’d give it 90 days. I’m in the same boat except with 250 more games to unload.

Ouch, I guess Best Buy will still take my extra Mario Rabbids for $7 and Mario Sonic Olympics for $17 credit   :beer:

Holy crap, they actually updated the trade page for the first time in like 6+ months. Looks like some things got a bump too, but only a dollar or so for those that I've checked.

EDIT: NVM about the bump lol. The first two things I checked were increased by a dollar, but everything else I've checked BARELY hits even half of what it would've got with the last bump, and thats including the 50%. This is bad lol. but maybe they'll do another bump in the A.M.

I am amazed, they even have fine print! So 50% more credit (60% with pro? 80% towards a pre-order?) or CSAC at the base trade value? 20% extra for retro controllers? Have fun all!

On the bright side, I might check out a couple Gamestops to see what chumps they convinced to part with their $100+ retro Pokemon games for $30 credit. I have been seeing quite a few more pre-owned systems (3DS, etc) at times - hoping to find that Gameboy Micro or Vita!  =;

#41752 Phi  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

Well, it's only been 60 days, but when I escalated it up thru the store manager to the regional level see if I could get the restriction lifted, he said it was a permanent ban.. with no listed reason given. I guess I could try after 90 just for fun. :no:

Ouch, I guess Best Buy will still take my extra Mario Rabbids for $7 and Mario Sonic Olympics for $17 credit :beer:

I am amazed, they even have fine print! So 50% more credit (60% with pro? 80% towards a pre-order?) or CSAC at the base trade value? 20% extra for retro controllers? Have fun all!

On the bright side, I might check out a couple Gamestops to see what chumps they convinced to part with their $100+ retro Pokemon games for $30 credit. I have been seeing quite a few more pre-owned systems (3DS, etc) at times - hoping to find that Gameboy Micro or Vita! =;

I'm thinking it may be 60% with pro and I highly doubt the preorder bonuses would stack. Also, for the CSAC, for most places it's only on consoles. For example, if you look at the PS4 1TB Slim tradein value, it's now $150 credit or $150 cash - which I find nice. :) Although, maybe there are states that don't have the +50% on game software in which they do CSAC on the actual games too, not sure.

#41753 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:28 AM

Same thing happened to me.  I also got a cash refund for what was left of my elite pro account at the time.  I'm still getting my physical Game Informer Magazine, though.  I just trade on another account

Overall, they probably made money on me because I would buy a crap ton of used games that I would sell online.  The store where I did 90% of my buying and trading closed within 6 months after they banned me  (They threw a hissy fit when I canceled a $60 pre-order at the same time I paid off and picked up a $500 pre-order, so I complained and stopped going to that store)

#41754 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:49 AM

about 380 or so trade value changes today, mostly drops, some actually went up slightly

#41755 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:08 PM

Well, pretty much everything I want to trade in held or went up with one minor exception so here comes a lot of extra credit for me.

#41756 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:11 PM

about 380 or so trade value changes today, mostly drops, some actually went up slightly

How do you know what went up and what went down?

#41757 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2645 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:14 PM

I know they still take New Super Mario Bros Wii and the Kirby Collection in for trade in as Mario does come up on the stealth bumps from time to time.

#41758 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:27 PM

Wonder if it's 50% more than the pro trade in value or the base trade in value.

#41759 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37999 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

Trade-in promos are always applied to the base TIV.

#41760 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:51 PM

When it's two percentage bonuses it doesn't matter which is applied first, it's always mathematically the same.

$10 +10% = $11 ; $11 +50% = $16.50
$10 +50% = $15 ; $15 +10% = $16.50

EDIT: Turns out they add the percentages together first... cuz that's most advantageous to them
50+10 = 60%
$10 +60% = $16