* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#41821 mattysaurus   Shipping kills it. CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

mattysaurus

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:43 AM

Side-thought: Hope this 50% promo can help us figure out if there truly are new trade-in limits... something like limit 1 copy per rolling 365 days should be easy to figure out I'd think :-k

Has anything been rumored or speculated? I’ve got about 6 copies of Wii sports from yardsaling I’m looking to cash out on and tbh, I’m ready to take the soft trade ban because it’s been over a year since their last 50% promo and who knows when their next one will be.

Also, do they still do end of the month credit bumps? Not quite sure which day that’ll fall on since the last day is a Friday.

#41822 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:21 AM

Is Nier Replicant G2L?

#41823 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   537 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:25 AM

Side-thought: Hope this 50% promo can help us figure out if there truly are new trade-in limits... something like limit 1 copy per rolling 365 days should be easy to figure out I'd think  :-k

well i can confirm that this isnt true, unless its an audit-based system. i traded in yesterday and ive traded in 2 copies of a few games several times this year on same account. including the first day of the extra 50%

#41824 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2139 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:31 AM

I'll have to double check the values but I found a few good ones. Prices with pur on top of 50%:

Mario 64 ds: 19.20
New super mario ds: 19.20
Mario party 8 wii: 32
Mario kart ds: 16
Wii sports resort: 24
Twilight princess wii: 19.20
Mario galaxy: 19.20
Mario kart wii: 32
New Super Mario Wii: 24
Black Ops II 360: 19.20

Anyone find any other good values?

Nice TIV! Going to trade all the games I got below at Goodwill this past year for a pre-owned Switch lite tomorrow.

IMG-0408.jpg

#41825 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2823 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:24 AM

Sell them on facebook marketplace and make enough money to get a switch lite and some games. You have some nice items there.

#41826 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6451 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:14 AM

Gotta say I am jealous of your goodwill. 

#41827 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

Man definitely jealous of those goodwill finds been trying to re buy Pandora’s tower and last story or a decent price for a while now with no luck

#41828 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:44 AM

Nice TIV! Going to trade all the games I got below at Goodwill this past year for a pre-owned Switch lite tomorrow.

IMG-0408.jpg

lol that would be a huge mistake if you traded most of those to GS.

#41829 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:54 AM

Has anything been rumored or speculated? I’ve got about 6 copies of Wii sports from yardsaling I’m looking to cash out on and tbh, I’m ready to take the soft trade ban because it’s been over a year since their last 50% promo and who knows when their next one will be.

Also, do they still do end of the month credit bumps? Not quite sure which day that’ll fall on since the last day is a Friday.

They do seem to have bumps at least once a month, but don't think the Wii/360/PS3 really get any meaningful bumps unless the pre-owned price ticks up again. (I bet Wii Sports will be $199 pre-owned by the time kids of the mid 2000s hit the nursing homes... with The Office on loop)  :shock:

well i can confirm that this isnt true, unless its an audit-based system. i traded in yesterday and ive traded in 2 copies of a few games several times this year on same account. including the first day of the extra 50%

Thanks for the data point! 

Wow nice finds. If you really must trade in to GS do disc only. Eventually you may want to start a collection of your own and loose discs are way easier to find for cheap. Or sell for actual money if you are so motivated. CIB = premium! Personally, I'd just hold until they hit the moon  :cold:

Gotta say I am jealous of your goodwill. 

Yep, mine only put the good stuff on their auction site.  :oldman: Except Kinect Adventures, plenty of those!

#41830 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:39 PM

Looks like they removed the 4/$20 promo online, it was working for me as of yesterday..

#41831 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 19 April 2021 - 12:45 PM

IMG-0408.jpg

I feel like this may be a troll but I'm going to respond seriously anyway. Perhaps it's just naivete.

As said previously, this is a bad idea. Price charting has these at over $600 assuming they're complete. Even if you sell them at 50% of that on Marketplace you'll clear $300. The Gamecube games alone are over $300 and Pandora's is a $60-$100 game depending. 

#41832 toska  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:10 PM

Looks like they removed the 4/$20 promo online, it was working for me as of yesterday..

almost didnt notice this morning
sucks i liked that promo a lot

#41833 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:14 PM

No need to worry, 4/20 tomorrow

#41834 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:16 PM

It was advertised as ending 4/18. They didn't f it up!

No need to worry, 4/20 tomorrow

Cohen can have a field day with the memes!

#41835 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:35 PM

Gamestop CEO resigning end of July.

#41836 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:43 PM

Gamestop CEO resigning end of July.

https://twitter.com/...102313606881283

Guess he wasn’t closing stores fast enough for the chewy. 😋

#41837 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:56 PM

Is Nier Replicant G2L?

My local store says it is. $10 Gamecoin and G2L.

Another stores says no...

#41838 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2507 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:13 PM

How many online returns/exchanges can you do without getting banned?  I have ordered a lot of 4 for 20 games recently across multiple orders and several don't work.  I think I've done 2 exchanges this year and will probably need another 3-4 due to them sending me scratched up games that give disc read errors.  Will I be banned?

#41839 toska  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:14 PM

im starting to think its deliberate too now
keep receiving shovelware or empty packages instead of the game i order

#41840 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:28 PM

How many online returns/exchanges can you do without getting banned?  I have ordered a lot of 4 for 20 games recently across multiple orders and several don't work.  I think I've done 2 exchanges this year and will probably need another 3-4 due to them sending me scratched up games that give disc read errors.  Will I be banned?

Don't worry about it.

#41841 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, you are fine.  I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades.  Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall.  Trades that’s a possibility for them.  I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than an associate feeling the need to get personally involved out of concern, annoyance or spite.  They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.  

Trades have specific numbers that cause bans, returns probably don’t?  Has anyone ever been banned for anything other than winning too much with trades?

#41842 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 19 April 2021 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, you are fine.  I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades.  Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall.  Trades that’s a possibility for them.  I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than annoyance or spite.  They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.  

Trades have specific numbers that cause bans, returns probably don’t?  Has anyone ever been banned for anything other than winning too much with trades?

Wasn't there someone in here that was an asshole to the employees and that got him banned?

#41843 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4039 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:08 PM

My local store says it is. $10 Gamecoin and G2L.

Another stores says no...

Doesn't the game coin require that the game be paid off fully before release day? Haven't bought any of these games that supposedly do, since missing out multiple times last year with Avengers and some other game.

#41844 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1477 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:17 PM

That was my question

Also has anyone had success preordering online and receiving game coin ?

#41845 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2021 - 11:42 PM

Traded in yesterday and got $372.20 in credit to add to the pile.

#41846 2changz  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:11 AM

IMG-0408.jpg

Gotta be a troll but I'll literally just buy you a damn Gamestop GC and then you can send those games my way LMAO

#41847 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:20 PM

Finally got a shipping notification on my last item from the March 17th restock, it’s radiant historia perfect chronology 3ds

#41848 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:31 PM

Wonder if mlb the show is g2l or it only worked for the Jackie Robinson Edition.

#41849 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:02 PM

Hmmm, FYI I'm seeing a "FREE SAME DAY DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER $25" banner at the top of the site (if no one's pointed that out yet already)

#41850 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 20 April 2021 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, you are fine. I think GameStop bans are mostly related to trades. Unless you are returning every single thing you buy, even if you only kept like 50% of it, they should still never be in a position of losing money overall. Trades that’s a possibility for them. I think as long as they are not losing money overall and you aren’t stealing or committing return fraud, they wouldn’t have any reason to ban you other than an associate feeling the need to get personally involved out of concern, annoyance or spite. They can’t be in the pre-owned with no description and pretty much no verification of condition business, plus selling opened display copies as new without expecting a large amount of returns.

Trades have specific numbers that cause bans, returns probably don’t? Has anyone ever been banned for anything other than winning too much with trades?

When they actually had retro stuff I bought a bunch of games and had several wtf moments including a ps1 disc split like pac man. I returned hundreds of dollars worth of junk/defective stuff and did not have any issues. Eventually I got sick of the random condition lottery and stopped ordering retro stuff. I did get a copy of Xenogears in okay shape with case, cover art (with a little moisture damage) for $10 so there were some wins that kept me playing longer than I should have.

A few random returns should not cause any red flags, that said there seem to be unexplained bans going around so who knows.