* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#42091 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:11 PM

Will using a rewards certificate override any other deals/discounts?

Example:
Nier Replicant (New) & Sekiro (Pre-owned) gets the 20% off on Sekiro (approx. $80 total)

If I apply a $10 online only rewards certificate, will that drop the total down or wipe out the promotion?

Wipe. There’s no stacking for codes and promos, as programmed on the site.

I could be wrong. It works in store however as the code gets applied to the new game and doesn’t interfere with the 30%.

#42092 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3223 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:33 PM

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on?

I did a Bowser Jr. amiibo this month.  A couple of stores near me had >1 that showed up online.

#42093 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:22 PM

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free.  :oldman:  

If you were going to go in the store anyway for pickup, you might as well get digital currency.  Digital currency works in-store.  I always get a $5 eShop code if I haven't used it yet and the month is ending

#42094 toska  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:37 PM

If you were going to go in the store anyway for pickup, you might as well get digital currency.  Digital currency works in-store.  I always get a $5 eShop code if I haven't used it yet and the month is ending

think hes looking to double dip and not pay shipping

#42095 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4041 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:00 PM

Any commonly "Available for pickup" $5 item suggestions ( even toys / shirts / hats ) to consume the online $5 monthly cert on? (already used in-store) Didn't find anything I wanted to actually buy online this month and digital currency doesn't seem to qualify in cart... I don't really want to pickup a copy of The Division, even if it's free.  :oldman:  

i used to pickup a funko mystery mini but then checkout stopped working unless there was a balance left over after applying the coupon

#42096 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:39 PM

Can you still stack a $5 monthly cert with $5 rewards cert in store?

#42097 toska  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:51 PM

Can you still stack a $5 monthly cert with $5 rewards cert in store?

yep

#42098 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:31 PM

How long does it take for the bonuses from the renewal on Saturday to show up? Points take forever to arrive for me. I have an order I did on 22nd and points haven't shown up yet.

#42099 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:10 PM

How long does it take for the bonuses from the renewal on Saturday to show up? Points take forever to arrive for me. I have an order I did on 22nd and points haven't shown up yet.

I think it took around a week last year. I remember because I was convinced it wasn’t coming, contacted support, they gave me points, and then the promo points showed up a day later.

#42100 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1113 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:06 PM

I did a Bowser Jr. amiibo this month.  A couple of stores near me had >1 that showed up online.

Heh that's what I did last month already, so might do Bowser (Sr) Smash for the same price.. problem is I already have him. Monster Hunter amiibos still not available for pickup.  :oldman:

I've found I need to use my V2s in-store first to dip²  :bomb:

i used to pickup a funko mystery mini but then checkout stopped working unless there was a balance left over after applying the coupon

Interesting, I haven't gotten to that step yet but may find out!

#42101 bloodstained3k  

bloodstained3k

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Does the 5 monthly cert actually work online?

#42102 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:12 PM

Website is already showing renewal points for me from Saturday, 10,000 bonus plus the regular 300. The App does not show the points yet, but I feel like the app is really slow to update

#42103 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:23 PM

Same, I renewed on Saturday and my 10000 points was just added over the last 2 hours to my account

#42104 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:15 PM

Speaking of points, I traded 5 games and bought a game in the same transaction Saturday.  As a result, I received no (0) points for the transaction.  

I haven't received points for trades (in Cali) since 2019 began, and buying a game in the same transaction as  a trade still cancels out the points you should receive for a purchase.  

Of course whenever I mention this to an associate it's like asking them what NASA is serving for lunch on Mars today. 

#42105 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:25 PM

Is it strange to say that I have no desire to trade games during the 50% extra promo? I just bought quite a few games and want to actually play them to see if I want to keep them or not. I'm kinda burned out on buying games only to turn around and trade them in right away.

Edit: grammar typos

Edited by GamerSavage, 26 April 2021 - 08:26 PM.

#42106 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:27 PM

If you were to get a 4.99 game, then buy a warranty and it'll go through.

#42107 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:10 PM

Is the Monster Hunter Stories Collector Edition available to pre-order in store?

#42108 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1743 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

Is the Monster Hunter Stories Collector Edition available to pre-order in store?

Yeah did my pre-order this morning just fine

#42109 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15031 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:39 PM

XBox or Nintendo credit as they can print a $5 code on your receipt.

Edit: You have to go into a store to use the coupon, you can't use it on a website order.

#42110 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:48 PM

Depends how you feel about the games. I realized I had bought so many games last year through GS/other means that it actually completely ruined my interest in playing video games, especially since I have Gamepass because I had so many options. I've been in the process of selling/trading in the ones I have played/are far down my list to play and it feels much better not being weighted down having so many options.

There are a few games I feel like I won't get to anytime soon or have had for a while and still haven't played yet. I'll take a look at everything I have and go from there. Chances are I'll have a decent handful of games I want to trade.

Edit: Scratch the above, I just don't have it in me to trade games right now.

Edited by GamerSavage, 27 April 2021 - 03:01 AM.

#42111 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:04 PM

Here's to hoping values stay or increase for this last week of 50%

#42112 ritchardf  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:07 PM

I just got an update from fed ex of a package that was picked up and will be delivered on wednesday. it was from march 29th and i already got a replacement for 1 of the games and a refund for the other. will be interesting to see what shows up.

#42113 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:40 PM

Here's to hoping values stay or increase for this last week of 50%

Values dropped. Star wars battlefront ii ps4 and mario 3d world wii u dropped in tiv.

#42114 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:59 PM

Values dropped. Star wars battlefront ii ps4 and mario 3d world wii u dropped in tiv.

Damn :/

#42115 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1595 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:13 AM

Sometimes they drop in anticipation of a small bump.  For instance a game might drop from $7 to $5 and then get SB to $8.  

Then again sometimes they just drop. 

#42116 Zann   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 12:43 AM

I found a pretty scratched up copy of Wii sports resort at the thrift store for a $1.75. Think they will take it for trade in? I’m guessing they will just send it away to get refurbished.

#42117 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:07 AM

I found a pretty scratched up copy of Wii sports resort at the thrift store for a $1.75. Think they will take it for trade in? I’m guessing they will just send it away to get refurbished.

You'll get hit with refurb fee unless employee doesn't care enough and will bypass the deduction

#42118 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:08 AM

Sometimes they drop in anticipation of a small bump. For instance a game might drop from $7 to $5 and then get SB to $8.

That is true
Then again sometimes they just drop.

#42119 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:22 AM

Refurb fee is like $5 I think. So you are still getting good money for it. But if you have multiple Gamestops in your area and plan on going to more than 1 for other reasons, so reason to accept the offer from the first store.

#42120 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:53 AM

Damn :/

Double check the values. Not all dropped. Twilight Princess Wii, Sims 4 and mario 64 ds were all still up in value.