* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#42571 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:04 AM

Huh, no shit. Almost like the Deals of the Day have never worked in store and have always been online only

Hm I thought it would at least say “online only” deal. Instead of just deal of the day, people would assume it works online and instore. I’m guessing you can’t use discounts on it either like a 5 off coupon?

#42572 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:08 AM

Man, I thought I was the only one. I finished the first, and have the third sitting ready to go....just need to find the second!

Bro I casually picked up 1-4 and I never knew these games were rare

#42573 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

Not rare more out of print and people are likely hoarding copies inflating the prices on the second hand market. There's already 3 versions of the first 2 games between ps3 vita and ps4 on the physical side. 2 each for 3 and 4 since they released on the ps4 and switch. 

They are doing smaller prints than they used to but other than that it's not as if these games were going immediately out of stock.  Took about a year for the copies to dry up.

I'd assume they plan on doing switch ports of 1 and 2 eventually as well since 3 and 4 are on there.

#42574 DrBayrd  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:23 AM

Just tried to buy one punch man pre owned and isn’t $15 instore tf

Next time, ask them to price match the online price.

#42575 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   715 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, me too.  Guess I lucked out on those ones.  I got cold steel 2 for $20 preowned during their year of 50% off sales.  Cold steel 1 for about the same from an Amazon warehouse 20% off deal.  One of the few times a like new used item actually came close to that.  I had to peel off some warehouse stickers, but they didn’t leave much residue.  Cold steel 3 was $30 or less for a long time, and Cold steel 4 is $40 right now at gamestop.  Used some coupons on it.  Was waiting on 4 since I haven’t started any of them yet, but reading what happened to the other’s prices, I think that’s good enough, they sound like ones I want to play eventually.  Buying 4 games into a series i’ve never even played though (not to mention I’d need to get through like 3 trails in the sky games first as well if I want the full story!?), look what these stupid limited print runs are making us do.  They are going to be up to like CS 7 or 8 by the time I start the first and I’m going to keep buying them all...

#42576 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, me too.  Guess I lucked out on those ones.  I got cold steel 2 for $20 preowned during their year of 50% off sales.  Cold steel 1 for about the same from an Amazon warehouse 20% off deal.  One of the few times a like new used item actually came close to that.  I had to peel off some warehouse stickers, but they didn’t leave much residue.  Cold steel 3 was $30 or less for a long time, and Cold steel 4 is $40 right now at gamestop.  Used some coupons on it.  Was waiting on 4 since I haven’t started any of them yet, but reading what happened to the other’s prices, I think that’s good enough, they sound like ones I want to play eventually.  Buying 4 games into a series i’ve never even played though (not to mention I’d need to get through like 3 trails in the sky games first as well if I want the full story!?), look what these stupid limited print runs are making us do.  They are going to be up to like CS 7 or 8 by the time I start the first and I’m going to keep buying them all...

cold steel is over with the 4th entry. Though they could have easily dragged out the arc for another 3-4 games by using the crossbell assets they made and going with events taking place back and forth between there and the capital, western stuff, class b side trips and whatever else. 

#42577 knothead65  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:04 PM

Didn't the Gamestop website use to take paypal? I had a PS5 bundle in my cart and wanted to use paypal credit for the 6 months no interest.

#42578 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:24 PM

It takes paypal.  Probably just doesn't have the option for that purchase?

#42579 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:24 PM

Didn't the Gamestop website use to take paypal? I had a PS5 bundle in my cart and wanted to use paypal credit for the 6 months no interest.

I see PayPal on the app.

#42580 knothead65  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:27 PM

I see PayPal on the app.

Hmm, I was on chrome then the app and didn't see the option anywhere. Maybe shadow is right about certain purchases.

#42581 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:29 PM

The limited run switch games discussion made me look up some games and noticed they just raised the prices overnight $5 on a few things like disgaea 1, 4, and 5

#42582 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3505 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:21 PM

Seems like Gamestop is actually working to fulfill back-orders - a game I ordered in a 50% off sale on June 10th, 2020 was finally delivered!

dybWVub.jpg?1

The game had been stuck in 'Awaiting Availability' status since I ordered it so I assumed it would eventually get cancelled (especially considering the PS4 version of the game hasn't been listed on Gamestop's website for months) but I got a shipping notification last Saturday and it just showed up today - complete with its original case and an unused soundtrack voucher! :D

#42583 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:24 PM

Wow that’s persistence. I also had ‘Will: A Wonderful World’ stuck in that status since June but called to cancel it eventually, guess there is hope

#42584 dchan11  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:06 PM

xenoblade torna went up by $5 and i stil can't find it avaliable near me

#42585 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1278 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 12 May 2021 - 11:19 PM

xenoblade torna went up by $5 and i stil can't find it avaliable near me

They could've raised it to $55 same as the big aaa titles and it would still sell out. Prices for just the cart are still selling for around $80 secondhand.

#42586 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:08 AM

The limited run switch games discussion made me look up some games and noticed they just raised the prices overnight $5 on a few things like disgaea 1, 4, and 5

170 or so price changes, and few trade value changes.

#42587 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1642 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 13 May 2021 - 12:02 PM

There are two copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on GameStop’s website if anyone is looking for it.

Update - now OOS

#42588 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

In the last few months, I have had 4-5 orders where they say it shipped but it never gets picked up by the carrier.  I believe it's happened for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS so it's not tied to a specific carrier.  Each time I have to contact them and they send another one.  Any idea why this happens so much?  I could understand a mistake and it happening once or twice but 4-5 times in the last few months tells me its a chronic problem.  How in the world could so many packages go missing?

#42589 toska  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:34 PM

In the last few months, I have had 4-5 orders where they say it shipped but it never gets picked up by the carrier.  I believe it's happened for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS so it's not tied to a specific carrier.  Each time I have to contact them and they send another one.  Any idea why this happens so much?  I could understand a mistake and it happening once or twice but 4-5 times in the last few months tells me its a chronic problem.  How in the world could so many packages go missing?

from my understanding when you place an order online it doesnt show up immediately at the store that is supposed to fulfil it.
theres potential for someone to buy it before you in person and then the store would have a label and no game to ship.

shipping carriers are all overloaded in my area as well
had a ups truck at my job that was completely full even in the middle just stacked with packages
dude couldnt get to most of it, they wont split his route either

#42590 Moneyman80  

Moneyman80

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:40 PM

Same thing has happened to me. Ordered 6 games on May 1 and I'm still waiting on 2 of them to arrive. I'll be contacting them again today to either get them shipped finally or get a refund.

#42591 mojoaoe  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

Anyone know when retro games restock on the GS website? I've been able to catch a random few here n there but its mostly stuff I own so not really too interested in it. PM me if you can. Thank you. 

#42592 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:32 PM

I'm just curious, why are you being so rude to him? He obviously didn't know that. But yes, Deals of the Day are online only but you didn't need to viciously attack him over a misunderstanding.

lmao at viciously attack

#42593 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:35 PM

There are two copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on GameStop’s website if anyone is looking for it.
Update - now OOS

Just got another one that popped up. Guess it'll be randomly in stock

#42594 dchan11  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:59 PM

I am hoping torna will pop up in stock

#42595 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 13 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

Are you guys just randomly checking?

Thanks

#42596 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2021 - 11:33 PM

Are you guys just randomly checking?

Thanks

Yup, I randomly just check my wishlist. Not sure about anyone else, though.

#42597 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 14 May 2021 - 12:42 AM

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing someone post about this a few weeks ago but since it didn't affect me I spaced it out; Did they get rid of adding anything new to the wishlist? I don't see anything on the web about it, but haven't tried on the app.

Huh, no shit. Almost like the wishlist has been gone for months now.

#42598 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:07 AM

Cool, thanks for the info! Weird how some people are still able to use it then

They took the ability to add new stuff to it away, but if you already had one before that you should still be able to access it.

#42599 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:12 AM

Pro-tip. Once you buy something on your wishlist - you can move it back and forth from your HAVE/HAD list back onto your wishlist. Lame, just like me. 

Mue1ggD.png

#42600 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   715 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 01:35 AM

Huh, no shit. Weird how some people are still able to use it then

As others are saying, and have said before, wishlist has been funky for months.  If you have a wishlist, you can still view it and move things from had/have, but you can’t add new items to your wishlist anymore.  I think since Jan/Feb.  Pretty apt response.  Someone doesn’t know the specifics of how deal of the day works, or the specifics of how wishlist works, same basic mistake and same shit post reply.  No need to jump on someone just cause they don’t know all the weird specifics of how GameStop works, I think is the point some are trying to get across.