* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#43441 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1614 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:26 PM

Ori and Gears Tactics are DOTD again and can still be flipped.

#43442 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:00 PM

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.

#43443 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:15 PM

Order Trials of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trials 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that. 

Dryer sheets have done it for me in the past although it took a long time (weeks/months) to completely get rid of the smell.

#43444 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:22 PM

Dryer sheets have done it for me in the past although it took a long time (weeks/months) to completely get rid of the smell.

Thanks! I'll try to be patient.

#43445 2changz  

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:44 PM

Dotd doesn't work in store smh, and the store I wanna pick up Sea of Thieves and Ori from says Ori isn't in stock, when the associate literally had it in his hand.

#43446 zomberry  

Posted 17 June 2021 - 06:53 PM

I am aware of this. By combination I did not mean stack. The 30% games were all Wii/360/3DS games or PS4/X1 games worth less than $5. All of the games that got the +$5 bump were PS4/XB1 games worth more than $5. In my experience the trade promos should work together on the same transaction (but not stack, obviously) and someone a page or so ago mentioned that they did work together. I am stating my experience as an anecdote to the opposite for people to be aware of.

I can confirm that this was the same thing at my store. 

I traded in a stack of old gen + a stack of new gen towards Skyward Sword. If trying to do it all in one transaction, it was giving the 30% bonus on old gen but not the +5 on the new gen. After trying a couple different ways, it looks like whichever games got scanned in first, that's the promo that would trigger. Only way to get both promos to apply separately was to do it in two different transactions (which normally they hate doing).

#43447 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 17 June 2021 - 07:25 PM

Dotd doesn't work in store smh, and the store I wanna pick up Sea of Thieves and Ori from says Ori isn't in stock, when the associate literally had it in his hand.

Online inventory is -1, so those were likely the last copies. You can price match the website in-store now so just ask the associate to hold it and get over there ASAP.

#43448 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2021 - 08:52 PM

Order Trails of Cold Steel 3 for PS4 a few days ago. Arrived today complete with CD and ... the Steelbook, manual, and game for Trails 2! I guess the retail store that sent it thought it was all one set? Obviously was the same owner, because sadly both games reek of cigarette smell. Anyone have any good ideas of how to get rid of the smell? Right now I have them in a plastic sealed grocery bag with dryer sheets, but I have low expectations for that.

Wow, a $100-$200 bonus for you!  For everything GameStop messes up, the mess ups in our favor partly make up for it, too bad they are much less frequent. Always seem to come with a catch as well, like the cigarette smoke, but amazing deal overall!  I tried putting a smokey book in a bag with a closet dehumidifier for months, airing it out as well.  It helped a little, but never got rid of the smell completely in my case.

#43449 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:49 PM

FEBREEZE the shit out of it, then stick it back in the bag. Any other method will probably take months and still not do the job.

#43450 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7077 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 17 June 2021 - 11:47 PM

Deal of the day games back in stock, both for the Xbox One.

$6.99 Ori and the Will of the Wisps

$9.99 Sea of Thieves

#43451 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 18 June 2021 - 01:54 AM

I can confirm that this was the same thing at my store. 

I traded in a stack of old gen + a stack of new gen towards Skyward Sword. If trying to do it all in one transaction, it was giving the 30% bonus on old gen but not the +5 on the new gen. After trying a couple different ways, it looks like whichever games got scanned in first, that's the promo that would trigger. Only way to get both promos to apply separately was to do it in two different transactions (which normally they hate doing).

The frustrating thing is that in the past the two different promos have calculated together properly without issue. I didn't notice until I got home because the inclusion of the extra $50 on my console was making the trade total roughly what I had expected.

#43452 BelgianFalafel  

BelgianFalafel

Posted 18 June 2021 - 02:00 AM

I’m sure this has been answered before, but this thread is *very* long:

Can I use reward certs for digital currency (Xbox/psn/eshop) online, or only in-store? I know the $5 monthly credits are in-store only for digital goods.

#43453 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 18 June 2021 - 11:21 AM

The frustrating thing is that in the past the two different promos have calculated together properly without issue. I didn't notice until I got home because the inclusion of the extra $50 on my console was making the trade total roughly what I had expected.

I have never once heard or seen that two trade in promos worked together. The Gamestop system has always taken the promo that gives the customer the best value.

#43454 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 18 June 2021 - 11:45 AM

I have never once heard or seen that two trade in promos worked together. The Gamestop system has always taken the promo that gives the customer the best value.

I am 100% certain on this one but I think we're talking about different things still. I was not expecting to get 30% -and- $5 on all of my games. Everyone should know by now that the only consistent stacker is the Pro Day 10%. I was expecting some games in the transaction that only qualified for the 30% to get that appropriately, and the others that qualified for both, but were better off with the $5, to get the $5 only (and 10% for Pro). Instead, all of the games that should have gotten the 30% because they're older gen received only the 10% pro bump and nothing else while all of the $5 games received that. This has worked just fine plenty of times in the more recent past (1-2 yrs maybe) and has also not worked, but for me only a very long ago (2+ yrs). I always come to the store with my games sorted because of the non-cooperating trade bonuses years ago, but haven't had any issues with these two types of promos working in concert more recently (but again, NOT stacking). It seems the non-cooperation is back at least in this case and you have to do two transactions to accomplish the one goal. 

Edited for some crappy typos and grammar.

#43455 Tax   The Project CAGiversary!   220 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:11 PM

It seems the non-cooperation is back at least in this case and you have to do two transactions to accomplish the one goal. 

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll sort my games in separate transactions.

#43456 2changz  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

Online inventory is -1, so those were likely the last copies. You can price match the website in-store now so just ask the associate to hold it and get over there ASAP.

Funny because I was already there trying to buy it, associate mentioned they have a new price matching system now and he didn’t know how to do it.

#43457 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 18 June 2021 - 01:53 PM

Funny because I was already there trying to buy it, associate mentioned they have a new price matching system now and he didn’t know how to do it.

Most stores printed out UPC stickers they can scan. One for each retailer: Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop.com. It should be as simple as scan and then enter amount of price match.

#43458 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:21 PM

Finally got a complete Xenoblade 2 from yesterday morning. Both new games I ordered came sealed too. It's a miracle.

#43459 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4136 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 04:10 PM

Finally got a complete Xenoblade 2 from yesterday morning. Both new games I ordered came sealed too. It's a miracle.

you should buy a lottery ticket

#43460 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9385 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2021 - 05:43 PM

I have hilariously gotten sealed first-party Switch games that I bought pre-owned. It's like buying a game from them is just a lottery regardless.

#43461 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 05:58 PM

Try leaving them outside in direct sunlight.  UV radiation destroys the stinky particles, although you probably don't want to leave the actual disc outside since UV will also destroy everything else over time (just at a much slower rate, like chemo).

#43462 dbonez  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:56 PM

Just got my 10,000 points for renewing pro on the 15th

#43463 Accidie  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

I signed up for pro yesterday and got my 10k points today. When do I get my welcoming and monthly certs of $5?

#43464 shwelding  

shwelding

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:06 PM

Any idea when does the pro membership sign up bonus end??

#43465 dbonez  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:28 PM

I signed up for pro yesterday and got my 10k points today. When do I get my welcoming and monthly certs of $5?

If you signed up in store, the $5 welcome code should be on the receipt. The $5 monthly coupons are sent out 1st of the month, so you won't get it until July.

Any idea when does the pro membership sign up bonus end??

My store manager said it is going on until the end of the week so you probably have until the end of tomorrow

#43466 Accidie  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:36 PM

If you signed up in store, the $5 welcome code should be on the receipt. The $5 monthly coupons are sent out 1st of the month, so you won't get it until July.

My store manager said it is going on until the end of the week so you probably have until the end of tomorrow

I signed up online. 

#43467 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9385 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:40 PM

I signed up online.

Is it not in your Active Offers?

#43468 Accidie  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:44 PM

Is it not in your Active Offers?

No, not yet. If it doesn't show up by Sunday then I'll head to a store.

#43469 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5881 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 19 June 2021 - 12:14 AM

You'll get your welcome coupon in two days, but it's only for in-store and expires at the end of the month. I was not able to use mine in-store, though, so unless the employee did something wrong, I wrote it off at a loss. Still worth it when the membership is practically free after the 10k points.

#43470 knothead65  

Posted 19 June 2021 - 03:01 AM

I bought a used van and the lady smoked in it like crazy. Bought this spray called Ozium and one spray killed the smell. You don't want to inhale it, so spray a shot in the a bag etc and leave for awhile, don't breathe it when you open the bag either. I take my dad shopping a few times a month and he smokes in my van, I spray a shot at night and the next day the smell is gone. There is an after smell but it goes away fast.