* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#4411 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:11 AM

I traded near the 2k limit last time around but 100% didn't go over. Will try to trade in a couple days when my monthly rolls over and I'll report back. Man I hope they didn't change anything.

#4412 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:14 AM

When was the last time you traded in before that? I feel like with 1588 in just one day it would have been easy to overlook something and go over the 30 day limit.

It has been 42 days since my last trade before this. I track both values and items traded in a spreadsheet.

Again, I hope my case was just an anomaly. It’s not an issue for me, multiple accounts with lots of stores around I can trade to.

#4413 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

We need a trade bonus bad

#4414 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

They may have set a new daily trade limit. I know I didn’t go over $2k, or more than 4 of an item. Only traded at stores I’m familiar with and no JD action going on. I traded $1588 in one day and now have a trade ban.

What type of stuff did you trade in (consoles, games, accessories?) If you traded for two Xbox One Xs in one day, i could see the system being setup to auto flag that. Also, did they do any sort of manual override for trade values? I think that may have gotten me banned once. 

#4415 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

We need a trade bonus bad

This...:/

#4416 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

It has been 42 days since my last trade before this. I track both values and items traded in a spreadsheet.

Again, I hope my case was just an anomaly. It’s not an issue for me, multiple accounts with lots of stores around I can trade to.

That answers it. Multiple accounts.... if someone links the accounts and you go over the $2,000 amount between accounts then all of those accounts get banned. It could be due to thumbprint or stores that require taking a Picture of you, address being the same, Loss Prevention looking into the high dollar amount and making the connection etc. Lots of possibilities but I can tell you that I had multiple accounts with my main getting banned repeatedly once they got linked. Main account was banned for like 9 months total due to opening a new account and LP ultimately linking them.

#4417 srac84  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

does anyone what time of the year they do discounts on used game certificates like for power up rewards..is that on cyber monday? thanks

#4418 smcmanus1980   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

smcmanus1980

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

I didn't even know it was possible to have multiple accounts under one identify. I have another account using all fake info.

#4419 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

does anyone what time of the year they do discounts on used game certificates like for power up rewards..is that on cyber monday? thanks

It's Cyber Monday, but they did not do it last year.

#4420 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Someone on SlickDeals says that they were allowed to exchange the Xbox One X purchased with the trade in promo for a Fallout 76 one. I'm not sure I trust it 100%, but I'm very tempted. It sounds like the system allows it though - without an override. I'm tempted to try, but I'm on the fence. 

#4421 h2dk  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

I would predict a trade bonus soon. OCT 12 should have been the expiration date of a lot of those that signed up for Elite last year.

#4422 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:26 PM

App/site acting up for anyone?

#4423 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

Yes, came here to see if anyone else mentioned it, ha.

#4424 ritchardf  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

App/site acting up for anyone?

Yes, came here to see if anyone else mentioned it, ha.

well, it is the weekend

#4425 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

If you trade in a console towards an Xbox One X,  do you have to complete the purchase or can you let the credit sit there?

#4426 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

If you trade in a console towards an Xbox One X,  do you have to complete the purchase or can you let the credit sit there?

towards the purchase of xb1x. You have to purchase it all in same transaction. 

#4427 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:27 PM

What type of stuff did you trade in (consoles, games, accessories?) If you traded for two Xbox One Xs in one day, i could see the system being setup to auto flag that. Also, did they do any sort of manual override for trade values? I think that may have gotten me banned once.

I traded two Xbox one s, three switch and a pile of switch and PS4 games to multiple stores. The consoles I used the $50 500Mil code, that’s quite possibly what got me flagged was using that code 5x in one day. I did order a 500Mil though.

My alts aren’t linked as neither of them are banned. I’m not required to show ID or anything when trading, they all have different names and addresses.

#4428 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3846 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:40 PM

I traded two Xbox one s, three switch and a pile of switch and PS4 games to multiple stores. The consoles I used the $50 500Mil code, that’s quite possibly what got me flagged was using that code 5x in one day. I did order a 500Mil though.

My alts aren’t linked as neither of them are banned. I’m not required to show ID or anything when trading, they all have different names and addresses.

How did you use the 500 million code if that expired 9/16? Or are you only just now finding out you're banned? If it's the latter, I don't doubt it was interpreted as abuse of the coupon, or there being a lower limit on console trades.

#4429 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:49 PM

towards the purchase of xb1x. You have to purchase it all in same transaction. 

Thanks; that's what I was afraid of. But looking at Slickdeals, it sounds like some people are managing to do it somehow (or trade in two consoles at once).

#4430 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:57 PM

How did you use the 500 million code if that expired 9/16? Or are you only just now finding out you're banned? If it's the latter, I don't doubt it was interpreted as abuse of the coupon, or there being a lower limit on console trades.

Just found out I was banned.

#4431 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

I didn’t feel very CAG-like today dropping ~$100 on Pokémon Platinum, SoulSilver, and HeartGold, but they were all legitimate copies with the B2G1 and 20% Elite discount. Never realized how rampant fake copies are, and the value of real ones...

#4432 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3614 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:43 PM

I didn’t feel very CAG-like today dropping ~$100 on Pokémon Platinum, SoulSilver, and HeartGold, but they were all legitimate copies with the B2G1 and 20% Elite discount. Never realized how rampant fake copies are, and the value of real ones...

Yeah if they are all complete they're worth a pretty penny

#4433 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Same here as there is HG/SS CIB at my local GS but just can’t justify the price. Also hard for me to find anything else to combine it with.

#4434 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

Quick questions here. I wanted to trade in a game, but I only have an expired drivers license. Why do they even need the license in the first place? Also, will my expired one work if I want to trade in something?

#4435 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:34 PM

I still have those three games but my nephew lost the soul silver game case. I will probably get one on ebay but are those games having more fake copies showing up or what? I don't understand.

#4436 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

Quick questions here. I wanted to trade in a game, but I only have an expired drivers license. Why do they even need the license in the first place? Also, will my expired one work if I want to trade in something?

I'm not sure but I assume it should be fine. For me they just enter the license information it seems, no verification for it.

Some Gamestop's take a license, fingerprint or nothing at all. It depends on the state, county and city. Gamestop taking your items and giving you money is what a pawnshop does and thus in some places they have to follow the rules of a pawnshop.

#4437 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:51 PM

Just picked up a used copy of BO4 complete in box.  $44 with Elite Pro ain't bad!

#4438 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:07 PM

If your in a state like California that inputs all of your information from your id/license then they will not accept it. My license was expired last year and I would have to have my wife do all my trades during that time. Same thing when I would trade in at best buy.

#4439 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

Just picked up a used copy of BO4 complete in box.  $44 with Elite Pro ain't bad!

That was quick. Someone must have got stomped on in MP.

#4440 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:33 AM

Just picked up a used copy of BO4 complete in box. $44 with Elite Pro ain't bad!

Man they went through that campaign fast ;)