* * * * - 15 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#5281 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:01 PM

My son has discovered Pokémon cards. Is the current 25% off for pro days about the best deal I will find this holiday season on them? I have lots of GS trade credit and would prefer to get him some cards there for as cheap as possible.

#5282 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3301 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:15 PM

I feel that since the new Marvel Spider Man is exclusive to PS4, xbox fanboys want to get in the bandwagon of playing a Spider Man game on Xbox One. That game is not rare at all because I remember trading in 4 copies of both ps4 and xbox One to gamestop. Indeed it was $19.99 and even $15.99 for those who had GCU at Bestbuy. It's not worth the price people are selling for now. All you need to do is think a little and it's common sense.  

Was it somehow not available to Xbox One only users prior to the new game coming out? No? Then there goes that argument you claim to involve common sense.

#5283 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11862 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

My son has discovered Pokémon cards. Is the current 25% off for pro days about the best deal I will find this holiday season on them? I have lots of GS trade credit and would prefer to get him some cards there for as cheap as possible.

yes

#5284 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

It’s expensive because people haven’t stopped wanting to play it ???.....Huh?

The only reason this game is expensive in particular like the guy asked for XBOX1 VERSION Is because the game is OOP and is currently the ONLY way to play a current gen Spider-man game on the Xbox 1

The game when in print was selling at multiple retailers for $19.99 and less. It wasn’t until Marvel’s Spiderman was announced, did the game start raising in price on the second hand market

So me saying people wanting to play it doesn't mean that it isn't also expensive due to it being OOP as well and a means to play a Spider Man game on the XB1. 

I resell games for a living (among other things) and keep track of this for the PS4 and XB1. It certainly was expensive (depends on how you view that word, it's been fluctuating between $30 - $60 for about 2+ years) since before Spider-Man was announced. The game was announced during E3 2016. 

Yes, when it was in print it got price drops (like all games) but once that stopped (2 years ago coincidentally, remember the game came out in 2014) it shot up in price. Hell, check out the PS4 version prices. It has been going for $80+ for over 2 years now.

You can view pricing history for it on CCC and it shows the game was sold for $30 - $60 (none FBA, it sold for more if fulfilled by Amazon) for the last two years and continued to climb once Marvel's Spider Man came out. I wasn't disputing that Marvel's Spider Man didn't have a correlation, just that it was already expensive since before it came out or was announced due to people wanting to play it (as well it being hard to find). https://camelcamelca...duct/B00FRESTZW

#5285 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

yes

Thanks for the quick response. Now just to pick a set, I didn’t realize there were so many options until I just looked at the website.

#5286 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:11 AM

I feel that since the new Marvel Spider Man is exclusive to PS4, xbox fanboys want to get in the bandwagon of playing a Spider Man game on Xbox One. That game is not rare at all because I remember trading in 4 copies of both ps4 and xbox One to gamestop. Indeed it was $19.99 and even $15.99 for those who had GCU at Bestbuy. It's not worth the price people are selling for now. All you need to do is think a little and it's common sense.  

Is your argument really that since you traded in 4 "used" copies of a hard to find in new condition game that it must not be hard to find? Where's the correlation? You make it sound like just b/c a game dropped in price at retail stores before it went OOP that it's not rare. Wonder what you think about Pokemon games, Bayonetta (Wii U, before the Switch announcement), or Rock Band Band in a Box (actually, any Rock Band). 

I don't think you're thinking much when you decided to type that.

#5287 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:24 AM

So I have an OG PS4 and I'm thinking of trading it in for a slim.

The current trade-in value is $175 for credit and $140 cash. There's a promotion that says cash value is same as credit. So it sounds obvious, but that means I would walk away with $175 in cash, correct? and I wouldn't need to be a pro member?

Does anyone know how long this cash as credit promo will be in effect? And do you anticipate the trade-in value to drop significantly in the next week or so?

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to stop u or anything but if I were you i’d upgrade to a pro rather than trade ur OG PS4 for a slim. Unless that PS4 is the launch model and is starting to do weird things. Well u do get a free game with the slim tho

#5288 ian13   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

Not trying to stop u or anything but if I were you i’d upgrade to a pro rather than trade ur OG PS4 for a slim. Unless that PS4 is the launch model and is starting to do weird things. Well u do get a free game with the slim tho

yeah I've been considering it. I know the slim is a side-grade rather than an upgrade, but I figured since I'd break even then I might as well. I've had my current ps4 for 4 years now and it has gotten loud and a bit sluggish, figured a fresh model would be good.

but I do have PS VR, and I plan to get a 4k TV pretty soon...I just wish the PS4 pro was discounted on black friday. maybe microsoft's oneX discount will force sony's hand.

#5289 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7547 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:56 AM

yeah I've been considering it. I know the slim is a side-grade rather than an upgrade, but I figured since I'd break even then I might as well. I've had my current ps4 for 4 years now and it has gotten loud and a bit sluggish, figured a fresh model would be good.

but I do have PS VR, and I plan to get a 4k TV pretty soon...I just wish the PS4 pro was discounted on black friday. maybe microsoft's oneX discount will force sony's hand.

Even the slim is an upgrade. I traded in my 500 gb original PS4 for a 1 TB slim this past summer and immediately noticed a difference. Not only did I have more space for games, but it runs faster, not as much noise, and the newer controller that came packed in was better. I don't think you need a Pro unless you have a better TV which I don't. And you will get Spider-Man for free if you can get one of those $199 bundles. I say go with your gut.

#5290 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:04 AM

Nothing wrong with the slim, and Pro isn’t twice as good despite being twice as expensive. Took my $300+ TIV for the Pro and will likely get the Spidey Slim. If you only need a PS console to play PS exclusives or to play with PS friends it’ll do the job.

#5291 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:35 AM

Nothing wrong with the slim, and Pro isn’t twice as good despite being twice as expensive. Took my $300+ TIV for the Pro and will likely get the Spidey Slim. If you only need a PS console to play PS exclusives or to play with PS friends it’ll do the job.

How’d you get $300?

#5292 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:47 AM

if youre getting a ps4 i would definitely say get a slim because if they dont do backwards compatibility youll just be buying it to play a few ps4 games before next gen replaces it 

and also, if ps5 is backwards compatible, its highly likely that those games will end up playing at ps4 pro settings on the ps5.

#5293 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1392 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Is your argument really that since you traded in 4 "used" copies of a hard to find in new condition game that it must not be hard to find? Where's the correlation? You make it sound like just b/c a game dropped in price at retail stores before it went OOP that it's not rare. Wonder what you think about Pokemon games, Bayonetta (Wii U, before the Switch announcement), or Rock Band Band in a Box (actually, any Rock Band).

I don't think you're thinking much when you decided to type that.

You are trying way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room....all you’ve succeeded at doing is being the thread’s annoying asswipe

#5294 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:03 AM

How’d you get $300?

Months ago.

Since last years slim 500’s were $199 with Kohl’s cash back I’d figure it’d be similar this year, and even better they’re 1TBs with a pack in game. Wanted to unload my loud ass Pro anyway. I got the Xbox X so any PS4 I’d rebuy wouldn’t be my main system.

#5295 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7547 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

I can confirm by looking at the new Dollar General ad that the GameStop card deal definitely ended on 11/10. It's now been replaced with a different deal where you can save $5 on a $30 purchase or save $10 on a $50 purchase of restaurant cards including Applebee's, Chili's, Domino's, IHOP, Taco Bell, and Wendy's cards. So, in other words, it's good for carb loading before standing in line at GameStop on Black Friday...or making the possibility of a cardiac event that much more likely. That deal ends on 11/17.

#5296 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

Dollar General stores have sent out a memo to not sell gift cards and not to honor the prices. Stores have signs on their doors that it's a mistake.

https://www.instagra...flwSMnCxXhud80/

#5297 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7547 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

Dollar General stores have sent out a memo to not sell gift cards and not to honor the prices. Stores have signs on their doors that it's a mistake.

https://www.instagra...flwSMnCxXhud80/

I don't have Instagram, so I can't view this. Sorry, I'm not a millennial.

#5298 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

I don't have Instagram, so I can't view this. Sorry, I'm not a millennial.

The account appears to be private, so unless you follow the person, you can't see it anyway.

#5299 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

The account appears to be private, so unless you follow the person, you can't see it anyway.

Oh my bad. It just shows the sign on a dollar General saying they aren't honoring the gift cards.

#5300 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7547 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

Oh my bad. It just shows the sign on a dollar General saying they aren't honoring the gift cards.

That's when you take the ad to Target for a price match! ;)

#5301 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

As far as I know, no store PMs gift card promotions.

#5302 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6735 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

Double post

#5303 Jhingles  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:27 PM

Found a Spiderman PS4 CE just sitting on a shelf at my local GS.  Should I pick it up or does anyone think there might be a price drop this holiday season?  Got coupons to burn so was thinking that might be a good candidate.

#5304 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm sorry, this has probably been answered several times before...but do pre-owned power up rewards certificates work online as well as in-store? 

#5305 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

I'm sorry, this has probably been answered several times before...but do pre-owned power up rewards certificates work online as well as in-store?

No. There's different certificates that can only be used online.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

#5306 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

No. There's different certificates that can only be used online.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Drat.  Was hoping.  Ah well.

#5307 miamiheatnumber32   Won’t suck discord dick CAG in Training   46 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

miamiheatnumber32

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

You are trying way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room....all you’ve succeeded at doing is being the thread’s annoying asswipe

I disagree. doc_j88 is by far the most annoying asswipe on this forum.

#5308 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

Last holiday season GS did a B1G2 free on collectables and some Pokemon boosters and boxes were included. Bought lots for my daughter. May keep an eye out in case they repeat it.

#5309 Brendan_Frye   all five senses CAGiversary!   1302 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well damn. I bought Firewall Zero the other day after hearing the decent reviews, but honestly, its not very good. Graphics are terrible, controls are bad, hit detecting is all over the place. Just didn't like it. Was hoping I could return it to gamestop since it was the "new" copy from the store shelves that they had already opened, but as I assumed, not going to happen. I still don't understand how they get away with that. 

#5310 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2000 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

Sorry if this has been asked but if I buy one of the games on sale today for store pickup and don't pick it up until tomorrow, I won't get the sale price, correct?

Thanks